Hacked Emerald Cartridge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacked Emerald Cartridge

Default Hacked Emerald Cartridge

Um, guys? I know this is going to sound weird...but I think I have a hacked cart of Pokemon: Emerald...here's some screenshots that tipped me off:

These were in Artisan Cave, people. Being the ignorant ass that I am, I tried editing the Bulbapedia page to reflect what I found and I got yelled at:

Don't insert false information like that again. ~Kenn 17:21, 10 March 2008 (UTC)

I've also found Mudkip at Shoal Cave and Torchic outside of the Petalburg Forest...I mean, what should I do? I'm really pissed and at the same time really confused...

Blog Entries

As a ROM, people often hack the file to their liking. I personally have an Emerald ROM with all 386 Pokémon catchable on it, nothing new..

Was it a used cart?

As far as I can tell, no, but I *know* it's tweaked...My cousin originally bought it off a friend who's in a ROM community, so I don't know its origins per se.

Blog Entries

Yeah, it's probably just hacked to have most if not all the legends in the game or something to make up for the lack of trading on emulators.

Registered User Baby Doll Gone Wrong's Avatar

Could it be fake?

I once had a friend who purchased a Pokemon Sapphire cartridge in some seedy electronic store in Chinatown. Long story short, the entire game was in Portuguese and there was only one starter Pokemon - Kyogre. The battle music was also very off. It was like, elevator music.

I wonder if she still has it. (If so, I'm gonna post the craziest fake Pokemon game pics ever)

I checked with my cousin, and apparently Johnathan (that's the friend's name) downloaded the ROM off of the forum he frequents and put it into a cartridge...Ultimately, the cart got passed on to me, and you know how the rest goes...

Baby_Doll: This wasn't the first time I've been "had." I've played a version of Sapphire where all the legendary creatures were catchable near Old Dale and Littleroot (level 5s), and a couple that had a corrupted game file, so I'd love to see your pics :P

Blog Entries

It's Emerald 386,you can catch every pokemon in it,the only missing pokemon is Mantine.

Trust me.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...those are some pretty clear screenshots from a cartridge. How did you manage that?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    ...those are some pretty clear screenshots from a cartridge. How did you manage that?
    I was gonna ask the same thing... unless you used a hacked rom as examples... X.x

Mmmmmooooooooo!!!

For starters, how did you get such clear photos?

Or is this a ROM, rather than an actual cartridge?

If it is a cartridge, some smart cookies think they are cool and put roms on flashcarts and sell them. Usually, the game's get edited/hacked/whatever word you use. To make them special.

Squishy Blue Ditto! Frozen Fire's Avatar

Wait... So you caught Suicune already?

Before I got a fake Sapphire and when I was in Cave of Origin, and when Kyogre approached me, it said, "Wild P*glitch*al*gltich**glitch*kia appeared!" It was a scramble of Palkia, Groudon and Rayquaza!!! :O

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Why don't you guys...y'know...just buy these games from an actual retail store? That way you wouldn't have to worry about getting fake cartridges.

Also, I'm moving this thread to the Pokemon Video Games forum since...well...
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is indeed a hack. Someone probably got the IPS of it and uploaded the hacked ROM as a game.

So it could be said that you aren't playing pokemon emerald, but a different game out of it with these pokemon catchable.

my sweet lord... Swampert tamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Doll Gone Wrong View Post
    Could it be fake?

I once had a friend who purchased a Pokemon Sapphire cartridge in some seedy electronic store in Chinatown. Long story short, the entire game was in Portuguese and there was only one starter Pokemon - Kyogre. The battle music was also very off. It was like, elevator music.

I wonder if she still has it. (If so, I'm gonna post the craziest fake Pokemon game pics ever)
    The game was in portuguese? In Portugal pokemon games are released in english. There's no portuguese version of pokemon. Maybe it was spanish.
    Since everyone these days has one of these, I'm going to put mine too...

On a funny note, I made this personality test on 3 different ocasions and the pokemon I got every single time was Togetic so this can't be very wrong...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast