Generation 3

View Poll Results: What do you think of Gen III?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome!

125 69.44%
  • Suckish...

14 7.78%
  • It's ok...

41 22.78%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation 3

Blog Entries

Default Generation 3

Gen 3 is personally my favorite one. It had mudkipz. Who doesn't liek mukipz? So tell me forum, what do you think of the 3rd generation?
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Generation 3

Well... It was good I guess. It had Flygon and that's all I really cared about. But Hoenn was beautiful.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Eh...As far as things like game mechanics and graphics go, it was alright. But the Hoenn games just annoyed the hell out of me.

Slayer of the Hate-Fish Shooterman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Well... It was good I guess. It had Flygon and that's all I really cared about. But Hoenn was beautiful.
    My friend and I would double battle my brother and his friend using my Claydol and his Flygon. Oh the Earthquake spam...

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

It was alright, I liked it more than I liked Generation 4.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's åsom! Ruby was the game who made me like pokeimanz again.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Blog Entries

I was a good generation and does not get near enough love from the fans. It would have been nice to have some things like day/night cycles, but it still added contests and much more. The region itself looks beautiful as well.

The Weirdest Tower Tycoon Nevando's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It added double battles

This makes it win

Quote Originally Posted by Goldensonic View Post
    Gen 3 is personally my favorite one. It had mudkipz. Who doesn't liek mukipz? So tell me forum, what do you think of the 3rd generation?
    Why does the bold part remind me of Ray William Johnson? O_o anyway ...

I have nothing but love for the third generation. I was a Gen I kid and breathed Pokémon until the early goings of Gen II. I grew out of it, had a normal youth and puberty from then on, until I decided to be lame and play a game again. Emerald popped up and played it.

Needless to say, I played it all the time and fell in love with the franchise all over again. I exclaimed: "Imma chargin' up mah Blaziken" and then nothing changed 'till this very day. Hoenn region > any other region.

So really, some people might say that Gen III sucked badly, but I choose to neglect that and reserve a soft spot in my heart for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Delrihuzz View Post
    Why does the bold part remind me of Ray William Johnson? O_o
    It was supposed to be like RWJ.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

I have some respect for it, but it's not my favorite or anything. I appreciate the changes it made from the GSC era, which ended up paving the way for Gen 4, among other things. I also liked a few of the new pokemon it added design-wise(Flygon, Mightyena, Salamence).

As for the region itself, it had a few interesting locations that fleshed it out that I forget the names of, so seeing those towns for the first time was nice.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I like Gen III. They were the very first games I ever played. They got me into the video game aspect.

Blog Entries

For me, Generation III is by far the best generation. It introduced changes to the gameplay, story, the style of Pokémon designs, music and many others that keep the franchise fresh, in a time when the formula was becoming stale and dull (GSC era). Hoenn is a beautiful region, and despite what many people think about water routes being overabundant (I was never bothered by that, actually), they gave the region a distinctive feel overall. Until now, there is no HM introduced after RGBY that can top the awesomeness of Dive.

Besides the above, there are many memories I hold from the times when Ruby and Sapphire were released, and I met many of my current friends during those times, so I can't but just have RSE in high regard.

Finally, I have to add something else:

Quote Originally Posted by Nevando View Post
    It added double battles

This makes it win
    End of story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RudolphMilotic View Post
    For me, Generation III is by far the best generation. It introduced changes to the gameplay, story, the style of Pokémon designs, music and many others that keep the franchise fresh, in a time when the formula was becoming stale and dull (GSC era).
    This sums it all up.

I liked that 3rd Generation wasn't afraid of change, and that was its main quality. Removing overhyped features did nothing to reduce their value as games, and the GBA really helped creating a lush, beautiful Region, as was Hoenn. Natures helped greatly to both spice up the battle scene and give Pokémon actual personality. Likewise, the new Status system allowed for a more balanced battleground.

Moving away from the same old also did volumes. Whatever people say about the new Pokémon, the 3rd Generation at least gave us a chance to use them and get to know them, which was the biggest epic fail of the 2nd Generation (Shoving Kanto crap from the very beginning and making 2nd Gen Pokémon ridiculously rare or even available only after 3/4s of the game was over). Team Rocket was pathetic in GSC, so it was nice to see not one, but two new Teams that are rivals, actually get close to their goal, no matter how ridiculous, and added a breath of fresh air. Same goes for the Rivals. You had two, which was a double-edged sword, but it was nice to have kind people for rivals, instead of assholes a third time.

3rd Generation remains my favorite of the 4, and Emerald remains my favorite Pokémon game.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Personally, I think Hoenn had a better storyline then Johto, and the all new Pkmn were a welcome change from GSC. It introduced abilities, let us replay Kanto, had gyms with actual Hoenn Pkmn in it, your Dad appeared, and we got Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast