• Johto (Gen 2)

8 42.11%
  • Hoenn (Gen 3)

3 15.79%
  • Sinnoh (Gen 4)

2 10.53%

Thread: Which Gen Pokemon?

Default Which Gen Pokemon?

Well everyone, I am woundering what your favourite generation of Pokemon are and why? I personally am unsure as to my favourite, though I think I would say gen 2. I would go with this as I am a big fan of the starters and have a liking for alot of others in that gen where as the other 3 gens for me, only have a few Pokemon that I really like to battle with. I do have a feeling that when I have a finished team it will have members from all gens though. But for in game teams I think my favourite is my G/S team. I am the type of person to battle with my favourites rather than a super team.

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

I can safely say that I don't have a definite favorite. I have favorites from every gen.
    *this space for rent*

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

^ Yeah me too, but I think mine weighs a little more in the Gen 3 department. I mean, my top favorites are Sandshrew, Rotom, from gen 1 & 4 respectedly, but going future on my list probably shows Gen 3 having most of my favorites fallowed by 1 & 4, and then 2 at the end.

There are no pokemon from gen 1 or 2 that i actually hate, sinc e need the never-ue bugs/birds/and ferrets to even things out. as far as gen 3 goes, i could care less about every single one of them, save for zangoose and seviper. With gen 4, i was itrested in Snover and Abomasnow. Vespiqueen, Munchlax, Croagnk, Weavile, are okay, but other than that, i like gen 1 and 2 the best, just cus, well, afer 252 reatures bsed on animals and mythology, ther comesa point where turning a banana tree into a dinosaur is going to far.

Blog Entries

I love season 1,2, & 4, but my favorite has to be 2nd gen. The gyms made me think for once.

Attorney at LOL Captain Shazbot's Avatar

2nd Gen had all my favorite Pokeman (Quagsire, Xatu, Urasring, Tyhplosion, Piloswine, etc), being able to back track to Kanto was awesome and the battle with Red was nothing short of epic.

When no one was looking, Lex Luthor stole forty cakes. He stole forty cakes. That's the same as four tens. And that's terrible.
    Don't get all up in my business, my hydraulically outfitted friend! Why, I watched the first two thirds of MC Hammers Behind The Music, and if there's one thing I learned about money, it's that it never runs out!
    -Principal Scudworth-

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In terms of the actual region, I really loved Sinnoh. As I was playing through D/P for the first time it surprised me how much fun I was having, given that the games all follow the same exact forumla that seemed somewhat stale.

But in terms of Pokemon, aside from the 1st gen, Hoenn introduced some of my favorite Pokemon. We got some amazing creatures that gen such as Gardevoir, Sharpedo, Salamence, Flygon, Dusclops, Banette, Blaziken, Grovyle, Shiftry, Hariyama, Medicham, Aggron, Exploud...man I could go on.

So aside from the nostalgia of RBY, I'd have to say in terms of region D/P was really fun, but in terms of new Pokemon introduced the Hoenn region Pokemon was friggin amazing. Some of my favorite Pokemon period are from that era.

3rd and 4th have all my main favorites.

Most of my favorite 1st and 2nd genners are the rather ignored ones, like Drowzee and Macargo.

That creepy feeling... Typhlosion In Repose's Avatar

2nd gen is my favorite. I really don't care what people think about it: Jhoto=home. Silver was my first pokemon game, afterall. And, it's been the one I've enjoyed most throughout the years.
    And as I sit and talk to you,
    I see your face grow white.
    The shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light.
    The specter on my back will soon be free.
    The dead have come to claim a debt from thee.

It's a tie between Gen I and Gen II for me.

I like Gen I because a lot of the Pokemon appeal to me for some reason. I think it has something to do with everything being 'new' to me, so as a kid, it was exciting finding out more about different types and whatnot. By the time Gen II rolled around, I was already used to the idea so it wasn't as exciting..

But still, I love the Gen II Pokemon. ^^ Especially the starters.

well my favourite genaration is hoenn because it has cool pokemon and my favourite 1 to which is blaziken.i have all hoenn startes in pokemon cards