Gen III Graphics - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen III Graphics

Follow Rainbow On Twitter Add Rainbow on Facebook Add Rainbow on Google+ Add Rainbow on MySpace
    Add Rainbow on Linkedin Follow Rainbow on Tumblr Follow Rainbow on Flickr Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Gen III Graphics

I did notice the framerate drop, as soon as I started playing Diamond. It seemed slow at first, but now I'm used to it.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ✯Rainbowsaurus✯ View Post
    I did notice the framerate drop, as soon as I started playing Diamond. It seemed slow at first, but now I'm used to it.
    Strange, I never noticed that. But yes, Gen III and IV are my favourite- the colour and graphics easily surpassed Gen I and II. And seeing as Gen V is a more 3d Gen IV, I'll probably like Gen V as well.

Blog Entries

When I first dived into Sapphire, I was amazed with the graphical level from the Generation 2 games, because not only does everything become more colourful, every Pokemon is given their own graphical sprite in the menu. Well yes, it was great at the time it came out. Of course, by the time we had the Generation 4 games on the DS, then everything on Generation 3's GBA games looked archaic, but it will be a relic in Pokemon games for its graphical level (I think).

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE! Porygawn's Avatar
    Over there. No, over THERE. No, I said OVER THERE! OMG!!!
    Blog Entries

Now that I think about it, my favorite graphics probably are from Gen 3. I hate the combonation of 2D and 3D. If part of the game's gonna be in 3D graphics, the whole thing should be. Same thing with 2D graphics.Also, I hated that they slowed the FPS to 30 from 60.
    Last edited by Porygawn; 15th August 2010 at 03:23 PM.

GPX+ | Sprite shop!
    I claimed Porygon, Download, Conversion, Up-Grade, GB sounds, Prof. Elm, Spiky-Eared Pichu, and Spear Pillar!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeSkittle View Post
    What was annoying, however, was the drop in framerate in Generation 4. Generation 3 kept up a steady 60-fps, while Generation 4 maintains only 30-fps.
    ASDFGFHS. THIS. I cannot begin to explain how annoying it was to go from the much-faster Gen III games to the suuuuper sllllllooooowww Gen IV games. Wah.

I like the graphics in Gen III. They were reminiscent of the original games without having very blocky graphics and scary sprites. I don't mind DPPt/HGSS' new graphics, but I don't find them an improvement, per se. I find them more a difference than anything.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I liked the SNES style graphics of Gen III. They also had a much more stable (and faster) framerate then gen IV did, with even more slowdown once you biked on gen IV.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

Yeah, the Generation III graphics made the player character move faster than in Generation IV, so somehow the game got devamped a little in Generation IV. I also think that Generation V will be about the same speed as Generation IV.

Blog Entries

Another person that thinks the same with me on this!

I think gen II had the best graphics, because it still had the classic feel , but the backsprites didn't suck

with gen III, I dunno I didn't like most of the battle animations and sprites, and it just felt awkward to me

HGSS had the best ones so far, I think
    [/URL]

We will be victorious! Eye_Kan_Fly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I find it weird that so many people like Gen III graphics the best. I couldn't stand the Gen III graphics. I felt that FR and LG completely butchered the feel of Red an Blue. I preferred Gen II graphics (even though it was basically just Gen I with color) over Gen III. I really like Gen IV though. D/P/Pt are awesome graphically. The fact that it's a 2D sprite in a more or less 3D world seems to flow seamlessly. HGSS improved this even more
    Check out my blog! I'm reviewing the design/appearance of ALL the Pokemon! Most recent entries: Elgyem/Beheeyem (Jul 3), Scraggy/Scrafty & Regirock/Regice/Registeel/Regigigas (Jul 4)

Gen III's graphics seemed to fit together and work really well, and they got even better in FRLG.

Gen IV wasn't so good, because when DP came out the 3D made the games run slow and the textures and colours were ugly and bland. Platinum improved this slightly, but it took until HGSS for the 3D models to become sophisticated enough to actually be an improvement over Gen III. And now Black and White have blown them out of the water.
    JAK

I enjoyed the cartoony feel the graphics from the Hoenn games gave. The blocky, pseudo 3D and really oversized head sprites FR/LG gave off, not so much.

That look got ALOT better come Platinum (I never played D/P) but... I'd rather not talk much about anything related to Gen IV outside music and some monsters.
    Last edited by Isaac Gravity; 4th September 2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: missing some words

追放されたバカ
    Where both beef and dreams are super-sized
    Blog Entries

Personally, I couldn't stand the graphics in the Hoenn Gen III games, I had no real problem with the Kanto ones.

And for the people who're complaining over the fact that Gen IV was 30 fps and Gen III was 60 fps, it was either slow the fps down or cause slowdown with the loading of things if you're moving too fast.

Blog Entries

Hoenn itself is my favorite region including the Pokemon. The games themselves, put me off for how they looked. Pokemon never was the amazing RPG, but god damn did things look piss poor. As for Kanto, well it looked a bit better, not much though. Gen 4 really did it for me, that is when platinum came out. DP was crapola, much like Gen 3.

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Personally, I loved the Hoenn graphics but didn't like the graphics in FrLg.

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast