Games you'd like to see

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Games you'd like to see

Blog Entries

Default Games you'd like to see

I'm frequently fantasizing about Pokemon-related video games, so I figured I'd make a thread to see if I'm not alone. List any sequels/spinoffs/whatever you've always imagined would be awesome if Nintendo could get their act together. Feel free to make them as ridiculous as you want... we can all dream.

Here's my list:

Sequels

Pokemon Snap for Wii and DS- I'm pretty sure this will inevitably top EVERYONE'S list. Make one for the Wii, with Wiimote functions, and let it connect to the DS one (upload shots from the DS version to unlock new regions/zones in the Wii version, maybe? Or vice versa?) With the DS, you could take pics by tapping what you want Snapped, then get the pic on the top screen.

Pokemon Puzzle League (DS)- I have a secret dream if this gets a lot of Virtual Console downloads (assuming it ends up there), Nintendo might feel compelled to release a version for DS. Yes, I know we have Planet Puzzle League, but sadly, Planet Puzzle League has no Spa Service mode for me to shamelessly fangirl James in. And in all fairness, Meteos has a Disney spinoff, so don't tell me releasing PPL would be pointless.

Pokemon TCG for DS: Even though I realize the TCG GB games didn't sell much in the US, it seems the YGO ones Konami's releasing are selling well (or they wouldn't keep putting out new ones every month). Give it Wifi connectivity and maybe a way for RL League players to score real goodies based on their progress, and it would be a must have.

Online Mystery Dungeon MMO: YES.

Random spinoffs:
    A Team Rocket RPG: We all want it.

Random evil teams RTS: Now that there's 4 of em, a real time strategy game pitting all of them against each other would completely be awesome. Unlikely, but awesome.

Anime spinoff platformer starring Domino: Yeah, it's been a dream of mine for sometime that's unlikely to happen, but if any character from the show is made for a video game, it's her. Stealth elements, platforming, combat, and some nifty plot involving a big Team Rocket heist or something would make for a game made of win, if Game Freak could just stick the team it used for Drill Dozer on it and similar mechanics (and if I may make a confession, the second time I played through Drill Dozer, I had moments where I imagined Jill as Domino).

Anime/RPG based kart racer: Just because. Make the tracks Gym themed, maybe throw in some key area/episode based tracks. 8 Gyms+Elite 4= 12 tracks, not bad for a kart game, and unlockable characters/cars for each gym you beat.

Minigames collection: I think the element most people missed when Colosseum came to GC was the party-friendly minigames. The Wii is the perfect console for some of them, maybe a mix of the N64 games (arguably the best part of the Stadiums) and some new ones.

So... anyone think they can top that?
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

I suck at mario T_T piplup is cute's Avatar

the johto remakes and a yellow remake i love pikachus!

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neku View Post
    Minigames collection: I think the element most people missed when Colosseum came to GC was the party-friendly minigames. The Wii is the perfect console for some of them, maybe a mix of the N64 games (arguably the best part of the Stadiums) and some new ones.
    Oh god yes. Ekans toss on the Wii? Win.

I agree with everything you said, and I am really surprised Snap hasn't come out for the Wii yet.

And an RTS? YES. Warehouses full of Pokemon being pumped with Rare Candies and Vitamins to use in the missions? Scoring a bunch of Pokemon when you destroy buildings? Watching out for Magmas Volcanoes/Aquas Floods/Galactics Meteors/Rockets Missiles and weapons? DO WANT.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Blog Entries

There needs to be a Pokémon first-person-shooter to properly cement the franchise as one of the premiere cash cows of Nintendo.

FC: 3180-5269-0929

Blog Entries

Pokemon Snap for Wii and DS- I'm pretty sure this will inevitably top EVERYONE'S list. Make one for the Wii, with Wiimote functions, and let it connect to the DS one (upload shots from the DS version to unlock new regions/zones in the Wii version, maybe? Or vice versa?) With the DS, you could take pics by tapping what you want Snapped, then get the pic on the top screen.

Pokemon TCG for DS: Even though I realize the TCG GB games didn't sell much in the US, it seems the YGO ones Konami's releasing are selling well (or they wouldn't keep putting out new ones every month). Give it Wifi connectivity and maybe a way for RL League players to score real goodies based on their progress, and it would be a must have.

Oh heck yes to all of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Weighted Companion Cube
    There needs to be a Pokémon first-person-shooter to properly cement the franchise as one of the premiere cash cows of Nintendo.
    Ha, I was joking with my little sister recently that they should make a Pokémon Poacher game for Wii. XD I wonder what a Pokémon shooter would be like? Probably some kind of target practice game... Cuz we're never going to be shooting at living creatures in this series.

Anyways. This summer I had a rather random dream about two new Pokémon games for Wii. One was... "Lucario Lucario Revolution" and was a DDR meets karaoke meets mini-game collection meets Pokémon Box game starring Lucario. Weird.

The other was "Pokémon War: Fire and Ice". It was a 3-d Zelda-like adventure game. It was set around the time of the war depicted in the eighth movie, although I don't think it was the same war... mainly because Pokéball-like objects existed. You played a male kid that looked somewhat like Michael from Pokémon XD and was involved with some plot involving going into legendaries' homes, which would act as dungeons. Your human character couldn't do much but mvoe around, talk, etc. If you sent out a Pokémon, you could directly control it and the human character would follow you around.

Haven't come up with any games while awake. Although some of the common ideas, particularly TCG DS, would be dreams come true. Hmm... maybe TFG DS sometime down the road? Or maybe not.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Wears sunglasses at night deuxhero's Avatar

A game focusing on breeding and competitive battling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex
    JC Denton: "What a shame."

No, Pokemon trainer MMO: YES.

Random spinoffs:
    A Team Rocket RPG: We all want it.

So... anyone think they can top that?
    Team Rocket sucks, i'd rather play a DP remake... >_>

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by deuxhero View Post
    A game focusing on breeding and competitive battling.
    Oooh, a breeding game would be cool! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Team Rocket sucks
    Them's fightin' words around here ;)
    *this space for rent*

i think a pokemon rts is a great idea.

but its got to be MMORPG and Full console RPG FTW!

(My god, that was FAR too much shorthand)
    "Shellos does not approve" - XD

3DS FC: 4468-0966-0032
    Version: Y
    Type: Water. Pokemon: Frogadier(PROTEAN,WOO!), Gyarados, Panpour.

POKÈMON WHITE FC: 4684-7670-8863

Add me if you like :)

- My D/P team.
    - My blue team .

Blog Entries

Anime/RPG based kart racer: Just because. Make the tracks Gym themed, maybe throw in some key area/episode based tracks. 8 Gyms+Elite 4= 12 tracks, not bad for a kart game, and unlockable characters/cars for each gym you beat.
    I actually had a dream about that once. Treecko was a character that you could drive as.
    I'd prefer some anime-character games like Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Puzzle League, only more like Misty being a heroine in a game like Colloseum.

That Domino and most of your ideas were awesome, Neko
    as for my ideas, I have too many

With the shooter game, you'd use attacks like watergun and flamethrower to shoot down targets and robotic birds/animals.

championshipping no miko!

I want a Team Rocket RPG! And Johto remake!
    Hi! I'm shadow/phantomness! I founded Championshipping (Lance x Red).

http://www.geocities.com/shadowphantomness/index.html
    <--- My Page!

I am desperately trying to avoid reading yaoi and yuri, without much success...

Yeah, instead of weapons in the shooter you'd get pokemon and teach them attacks and fight off robots and grunts and their poke mon from galactic and rocket and such. A kart based game would be awesome! 8 gym tracks 4 elite four tracks 1 champion track and maybe 17 type tracks 30 tracks... and the racers could be each starter and some legendaries 12 starters not includeding evolved forms 8 legendaries too proabably

Ranger 2.

And another RPG with Leo and Mirei.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Snap DS is impossible because we got this Virtual Console thing :/ . It works as a substitute for Snap remake, sadly.

But I want to see:

Pokemon Card Game 2 - Remake for DS! It was a perfect game, I want to play it again. I also want to see all those TCG things and characters in good quality picture. And I want it to be released in US (so all characters from TCG2 get dub names). The new cards (Houen & Shin'ou) should be added, and therefore the game should be expanded by one additional region.

Pokemon De Panepon 2 - with all regions, all gymleaders and 5 difficulty levels. It's gonna work sweet on the DS.

Pokemon Ranger DP - why not?

All-Region Pokemon Stadium for Wii - why not, but I'll never get a chance to play it, though. But no Colosseum/XD sequel, please!

Blog Entries

I hope that everyone here is aware that the DS already has more Pok&#233;mon games than any other handheld or console. Added with the obligatory complementary versions to Generation IV (a number ranging from 1 to 3), there is arguably no room for additional spin-off games. Perhaps you should focus your attention on the Wii.

Pokemon Card Game 2 - Remake for DS! It was a perfect game, I want to play it again. I also want to see all those TCG things and characters in good quality picture. And I want it to be released in US (so all characters from TCG2 get dub names). The new cards (Houen & Shin'ou) should be added, and therefore the game should be expanded by one additional region.
    Do dub names and the realization that all cards have a game format justify the work put into a game? The only valid reason to produce your proposed game would be to expand the competitive TCG environment to Wi-Fi standards. Considering that it is the TCG which has a worldwide league held every year in its honor, is the upgrade truly needed?

Furthermore, if the game were produced, it would no doubt be limited to the cards of the new format (EX series and beyond, also known as Nintendo-released cards).

Last but not least, the second island in Card GB 2 was a far cry from being a new "region" which accommodated new cards. For that matter, that game offered little to no new cards.

Pokemon De Panepon 2 - with all regions, all gymleaders and 5 difficulty levels. It's gonna work sweet on the DS.
    With Kanto being covered by Pinball, Johto by the original Puzzle Challenge and Hoenn by Pinball Ruby/Sapphire, I would say that Sinnoh deserves to have the game all to itself.

Pokemon Ranger DP - why not?
    That isn't much of a reason to undergo the efforts entailed in the production and releasing of a game.

All-Region Pokemon Stadium for Wii - why not, but I'll never get a chance to play it, though. But no Colosseum/XD sequel, please!
    If you can't play these games, don't you stand to benefit more from a sequel to Colosseum and XD? Or is being introduced to a new engaging storyline nothing in comparison to knowing which Pok&#233;mon the Gym Leaders would use if their teams were only semi-monotyped? That's the extent of your thought process, apparently.
    Last edited by Silktree; 28th December 2007 at 12:32 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast