Future Kanto

Thread: Future Kanto

Registered User Someone without Imaginati's Avatar

Question Future Kanto

Why in FireRed and LeafGreen didnt use the events as In GSC ? Remember all the things that happened in GSC
    -Cinnabar Volcano (but I never saw any) Imploded)
    -The 7th gym leader gym was now in the Articuno island
    -Koga is Now from the Elite four
    -Her Daughter, Janina, is now the 6th Gym Leader
    -The Ghost tower is made a radio station
    -Sylph Co. only permit Employees to go Upside
    -the last gym leader is now Blue, not Giovanni
    -Misty now has a boyfriend, and leaves the gym to go on dates with Him
    -Etc,

Any opinions ?
    Look this post http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/402142-post2567.html
    to look what I can offerand what I want,
    I got this Shinies: Magneton, Mightyena, Sableye, Steelix, Beedrill and Crobat. If anyone wants to trade for them, PM me, I trade any of them for The Toys R Us manaphy,
    BREAKING NEWS Hilary Clinton to be voted as the Hottiest woman of the year, along with Paris HIlton, Pamela Anderson and Britney Baldy Spears

Nothing of interest here Perxio's Avatar

They wanted to remake the original games, not make a GSC-era Kanto.

Awww, but I wanted to see Misty Boyfriend again (which, strangely, resembled red somehow).
    I got this Shinies: Magneton, Mightyena, Sableye, Steelix, Beedrill and Crobat. If anyone wants to trade for them, PM me, I trade any of them for The Toys R Us manaphy,
    BREAKING NEWS Hilary Clinton to be voted as the Hottiest woman of the year, along with Paris HIlton, Pamela Anderson and Britney Baldy Spears

Nothing of interest here Perxio's Avatar

You never noticed that it was obviously not meant to be a GSC-era Kanto? XD

It'd be somewhat interesting if they fixed up that era of Kanto in the games. I still don't like how they made Kanto in it- granted, I don't think anyone did, particularly turning the tower into a radio station. Except make it a stand-alone game, or focused on that region. I'd like it built up upon, it's interesting to see future-ish scenarios.

Buuburn is my Homeslice.

Some parts were good, and I enjoyed roaming around a different Kanto to what I'm used to, but it didn't seem as busy or as lively as it did in R/B/Y. If they remade G/S/C for the DS (pray to Porygon that they do) I'd expect a beefier Kanto.
    As Ralli said, FR/LG were remakes of Red and Blue/Green down to a tee (almost), era and all.

EDIT: Actually, if memory serves, I remember seeing references to these changes in FR/LG, such as a woman in Cerulean mentioning about the Lover's Spot outside Bill's House and interestingly a girl in Fuschia who mentions her dad, and is training up to take his place as Gym Leader...

Proud owner of a Legitimate Darkrai.
    24/08/2007
    ---
    Pokemon Pearl Friend Code
    "Holden"
    2663-9459-1419

Porygon I pray you, Porygon I pray you !!!!

Most of what GSC did to Kanto made it completely pointless, so we're lucky that they went for a straight remake of Kanto. Particularly because many of those "events" were nothing more than closing off areas that were important in RBY but would have been pointless in GSC or else were changed to save space or to resolve certain things(like Giovanni having abandoned his Gym Leader post 3 years prior to GSC).

It's a pity that they refused to implement things introduced in the 3rd gen like the berry & TM pockets and the faster bike though. And FRLG REALLY assumed that you were a noob. I'm looking at you, Oak talking through your first battle...and the Teachy TV...and you being FORCED to have the old man show you how to catch Pokemon.

--- Last.fm---

gsc kanto was rather second rate should i dare say

Buuburn is my Homeslice.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    And FRLG REALLY assumed that you were a noob. I'm looking at you, Oak talking through your first battle...and the Teachy TV...and you being FORCED to have the old man show you how to catch Pokemon.
    When this game was released, Nintendo did say this is a perfect game to start playing the Pokemon Series. I hardly noticed those instructions at the beginning, I was just so excited I could face a Charmander with my Bulbasaur in Oak's lab for the first time in about 5 years.

Proud owner of a Legitimate Darkrai.
    24/08/2007
    ---
    Pokemon Pearl Friend Code
    "Holden"
    2663-9459-1419