A Further RGBY Remake? *READ FIRST POST!* - Page 4

View Poll Results: Which of these Gen I games should be re-remade?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • RGB overall.

10 12.66%
  • Yellow.

24 30.38%
  • I don't want re-remakes of the Gen I games this early.

25 31.65%
  • I never want re-remakes of the Gen I games.

20 25.32%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Further RGBY Remake? *READ FIRST POST!*

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Further RGBY Remake? *READ FIRST POST!*

You only need to read my account name to understand my opinion of generation one, but even I'm unsure of this.

Maybe in the future, far, far in the future, it'd be cool. Like, Gen 8 or something. But it's too soon at the minute. I agree with what other people have been saying though. I want to see a game where you start in Kanto, maybe somewhere different to Pallet town, and go through the whole place, 3-5 years after HG SS. Cinnabar would be being rebuilt, the radio would have much more influence, some of the Gym Leaders would maybe have changed, new antagonists etc. It would tie up the last remaining lose end about the Rockets too, about Giovanni's supposed suicide. After Kanto, you'd maybe be able to go through Johto again, too; it'd be interesting to see how it would affect game play if you did it the other way around. I think three regions in one game is too much, however GF would be stupid not to include the Sevii Islands.

In fact, I'd like to see a game based primarily on the Sevii Islands. There were originally going to be more than seven of them; perhaps this game would introduce more of them. It'd obviously be different to your average story line, with no Gyms etc, but maybe after you'd completed the main story, ou could visit Kanto.

Although I don't see Pokemon eneding any time soon, if it was going to end, another, good R/B remake would be nice just to close the franchise. Other than that, I think they'd have to wait a while to make one.
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

Blog Entries

How about, instead of Sevii Islands, we go to Johto after Kanto? Think Gold/Silver, but backwards.

Let's say, the Johto GLs would all be in the 50s. And because it's three years before, Faulkner's dad would run the Violet gym, and you would be Claire's first challenge at Blackthorn Gym.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    How about, instead of Sevii Islands, we go to Johto after Kanto? Think Gold/Silver, but backwards.
    I actually really enjoyed the Sevii Islands. I'd like to be able to go back there.

and you would be Claire's first challenge at Blackthorn Gym.
    Man, if she can't handle losing in GS, imagine how'd she'd take it during RS.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think re-remakes is something that should happen for ANY game. Pokémon or not.

A completelly different game that takes elements from it, ok. As in, if they were going to make a 3D game of some sort with its own engine and gameplay and stuff, then it'd be a creative take on RGBY without outclassing FRLG.

But just an even more updated game? That's just... ridiculous. It's making a remake for the sake of updating a game.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    A completelly different game that takes elements from it, ok. As in, if they were going to make a 3D game of some sort with its own engine and gameplay and stuff, then it'd be a creative take on RGBY without outclassing FRLG.
    Wouldn't the point of a second remake be to outclass FRLG?

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Lance View Post
    . If it weren't for those characters I enjoyed, I would be fine with a game set in Kanto years later too.
    This is a great idea, and something I would absolutely love, especially if it was set actually a few decades in Kanto's future. We'd get to know the final fate of Team Rocket and Giovanni, and I'm sure the cities would have changed by then too (they would certainly be portrayed differently). It would be wonderful to have a game that was mostly storyline focused rather than Pokemon/region focused. I wonder what it would be about.. Gen I had themes of technology, cloning, science. The power of Legendary pokemon is a common theme throughout gens II-V, but Gen I's main legendary was man-made (man destroying god) So maybe Gen VI would return to and expand on that kind of feeling, while doing something completely new with the storyline?

That would be great, returning to familiar places changed by time, with updated graphics. I'd also love to see Viridian Forest have a part in the storyline. Maybe it would be paved over by then.. Who knows.
    Last edited by Giovanni Sakaki; 12th May 2011 at 12:11 AM.
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

FRLG remake, please, not a RGBY remake. D8; I want to explore the Sevii Islands again. I was disappoint when there was no Sevii Islands in HGSS.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

I would like a remake but I would like it to be somewhat further in the time line.
    Between RGBY and GS so you can witness the volcano eruption and you can see them building on the rail road and things like that.
    Gone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234