Flash - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flash

Blog Entries

Default Re: Flash

No need for flash in Generation 1 dark cave but I don't think you can see items or trainers without it. Generation 2 is useful since you can't even see the outline of the path and I'm not wasting my time trying to get through it without flash. Atleast theres a move deleter. And for Generation 3, Flash is pointless if you either know where you're going, or if you have a lot of repels and you can do some trial and error.

And Cut isn't really a BAD move... isn't it better then scratch? Strength and the otehr HM's (minus whirlpool, i hate it) are pretty decent atleast in my opinion.

Blog Entries

...me?

I taught Flash to my Butterfree on Yellow, then traded it back to Blue. Now she's in the PC, so I'll get her back when the time comes to get to Rock Tunnel. Yes, I am going to. Unless I shouldn't...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PS3D View Post
    I was playing Pokémon Yellow for the first time in several years. I had assembled a pretty good team, a Squirtle, Butterfree (with Confusion), Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Pikachu, and Geodude. I had done the first three bosses, er, gym leaders, easily. But then I got to Rock Tunnel, which needs Flash.

But Flash is a sucky move in battle, and I don't want to waste my movesets on Flash, which cannot be removed. So I tried looking for Pokémon in the PC, "junk" Pokémon, I could use Flash on. Nothing except Clefairy, which I didn't even want to put on that.

So I just decided to go without Flash into Rock Tunnel. But I think I'll have to use it another time. What do you do in terms of Flash?
    Honestly it's really not a difficult a task without Flash. I have done it several times, in all generations even first generation when darkness was pitch black as opposed to the circle of light around the character sprite of generations 3+. I can't even remember the last time I used flash, it's a horribly useless move, a waste of an HM.

"All of this sight, I can't believe I couldn't see. Kept in the dark, but you were there in front of me."

We will be victorious! Eye_Kan_Fly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The first time I played through Red version, I didn't even know Flash was a thing, I was just super pissed off that the game made me go through the stupid tunnel where I couldn't see walls or other trainers. That was the biggest BS ever until I realized what I did wrong. Then it was a huge face palm.
    Check out my blog! I'm reviewing the design/appearance of ALL the Pokemon! Most recent entries: Elgyem/Beheeyem (Jul 3), Scraggy/Scrafty & Regirock/Regice/Registeel/Regigigas (Jul 4)

Blog Entries

Eh, am I the only one that thinks Flash is a useful attack? A good amount of grass types that can learn Poison Powder and Leech Life can learn it (My Bulbasaurs have those 3, and they will beat everything with the AI of the games).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    Eh, am I the only one that thinks Flash is a useful attack? A good amount of grass types that can learn Poison Powder and Leech Life can learn it (My Bulbasaurs have those 3, and they will beat everything with the AI of the games).
    The fact that some grass types can learn it is not usefulness.

"All of this sight, I can't believe I couldn't see. Kept in the dark, but you were there in front of me."

Blog Entries

Combining it with other moves for those grass types makes it... not useless at the very least.

Since I tend to be strongly underleveled, I do use Sand-Attacks, Smokescreens, Flash, just so I can set up not dying, and with grass-types, it makes it nigh impossible to lose.

Hell, I had a team where all 6 pokemon had a variation of the move -.- It worked well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    Combining it with other moves for those grass types makes it... not useless at the very least.

Since I tend to be strongly underleveled, I do use Sand-Attacks, Smokescreens, Flash, just so I can set up not dying, and with grass-types, it makes it nigh impossible to lose.

Hell, I had a team where all 6 pokemon had a variation of the move -.- It worked well.
    I have tried using sand attack before but I don't have much luck with such moves.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I didn't use it in Yellow. It took forever to get through that stupid cave. >_>

It's one of those things that helps out once or twice, but only if you have a Pokemon to teach it to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123