Flash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash

Default Flash

I was playing Pokémon Yellow for the first time in several years. I had assembled a pretty good team, a Squirtle, Butterfree (with Confusion), Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Pikachu, and Geodude. I had done the first three bosses, er, gym leaders, easily. But then I got to Rock Tunnel, which needs Flash.

But Flash is a sucky move in battle, and I don't want to waste my movesets on Flash, which cannot be removed. So I tried looking for Pokémon in the PC, "junk" Pokémon, I could use Flash on. Nothing except Clefairy, which I didn't even want to put on that.

So I just decided to go without Flash into Rock Tunnel. But I think I'll have to use it another time. What do you do in terms of Flash?

Default Re: Flash

I just did it without Flash. It is an awful move. It could at least confuse a Pokemon or something.

But eventually I just learned how to get through the cave without it. And you only ever need to do it once.

A map may help.

Blog Entries

You don't need it in older games because you're still able to see the outline of the entire cave, as well as the stairs, and your character is always in the centre.

That's probably why Gen II opted to make your sprite visible and make the entire screen black.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Needing Flash did lead me to catching a Pikachu in Blue, but I can attest to it not being necessary. My brother (who was about 5 at the time) made it through perfectly fine without it.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    You don't need it in older games because you're still able to see the outline of the entire cave, as well as the stairs, and your character is always in the centre.
    It's even more useless once you realize the Original Game boy and the GB Pocket/Light have contrast knobs. Jack that up and you can see them without flash.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Yeah putting in amove deleter would have been good for the yellow remake, my Charizard has 'cut'... shudder...

Blog Entries

I think I put it on a ratata or something; it was a REALLY bad move.

thank god its a TM now
    I claimed Victreebel

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I absolutely loathed flash in Gen II (my first Gen). It made Dark Cave a terror. I just shunted it onto an HM slave, I think.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

In Gen III, Flash is even more worthless because you can see your immediate surroundings. If you no the layout of the cave or have a map, its quite easy.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    It's even more useless once you realize the Original Game boy and the GB Pocket/Light have contrast knobs. Jack that up and you can see them without flash.
    also that in gen 2 if you do the glitch dimention glitch, the color pallet swaps out and you can see the cave perfectly.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually make good use of Flash in Yellow. It's part of how I make money.

What I do is, I find an Onix in Victory Road. I send out Butterfree, put it to sleep with Sleep Powder, then spam Flash until it wakes up. Then I spam Harden until Onix successfully hits with Rage, then I go back to Flash until Rage misses. Due to an odd glitch with Rage, if it misses, its accuracy PLUMMETS. At that point, I switch to Pikachu and spam Pay Day until Onix faints or Pikachu runs out of PP for Pay Day, whichever occurs first.

And people say that Butterfree is useless later in the game.

With a mustache.

Flash was always useless. One of the HM moves, like whirlpool or Dive, that I just taught to a pokemon that could learn it then threw it in my box to never be used again.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    also that in gen 2 if you do the glitch dimention glitch, the color pallet swaps out and you can see the cave perfectly.
    It doesn't work on Crystal however. On Crystal, it will either fail or Softreset to a "This game for use only on GBC" error. And if you have a Game Boy/Pocket/Light, it just softresets.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

Real players have been through the caves without Flash! Although, I do remember my brother getting lost in Dark Cave in Crystal... I mean, he was way deep in there!

I told him to try and Struggle his team to death against the wild pokemon, which honestly isn't a bad idea for a last resort like this. After he had killed off two or three of his team members he randomly found the exit. Lesson learned, right?

I still go into caves without Flash.

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

Somebody said they just walked around with a poisoned Pokemon so the screen flashed every few steps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast