First Glitch you discovered?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: First Glitch you discovered?

Blog Entries

Default First Glitch you discovered?

In Pokemon Crystal whilst surfing off Cinnabar Island! Encountered a lvl 100 Tentacruel and Lugia out in the water. n_n

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: First Glitch you discovered?

In Pokemon Yellow, I jumped down a hedge. Pikachu was still behind the hedge. I went to get a glass of water and came back to proceed when I realized Pika wasn't following me.

True story.

Blog Entries

Ow, I have heaps with Crystal. The Pokemon battle centre in Viridian or Pewter, whichever one, it glitches when I battle the second player it comes up with a billion '?' and his Pokemon is level 0 and has no attack apart from Surf. When I attack it comes up with '???????????????????????????????????????????????'. It doesn't crash, but it doesn't let me do anything either. :(

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

The first glitch I ever found was the Alternate Dimension glitch in Gold :P crazy to think it was my kindness that made it happen. I forget where he is but that man with the machop who is trying to flatten the ground to build a new building, I thought he was a side quest or something, cuz he wasn't ever actually getting to the building stage lol so, 10yr old me thought, 'perhaps he's broke?'

So (after I had talked to his machop to make sure it was still doing the same thing as last time) I went into my coin bag (since it seemed to be the only place with some form of money I could click on) and tried to give him some money for his building.

But when I did, the game reset itself and put me into a magical land of visable Ho-Oh's, crazy color blocks, and self-illuminated caves :o

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Blog Entries

@yourlilemogirl

That's crazy, haha. I wanna try it on my Crystal game.
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

@yourlilemogirl

Wow!! I can't believe it, this is word for word EXACTLY what happened to me!! Seeing as this has happened to two of us, I'm willing to bet we are not the only ones.

Edit

@PrincessMio I'm just curious.. You say this happened in Crystal version? I'm pretty sure they fixed those issues as far back as Yellow. Are you sure it was Crystal?
    Last edited by Horizon; 20th January 2012 at 01:43 AM.
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

Blog Entries

@HoizonGirl

Def Crystal. It's the only Gameboy game I played up until last year when I played red for about... 10 minutes.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Sadly, the glitch that freezes time on pokémon R/S. It fixed itself after trading with LeafGreen I believe though. But that doesn't change that I had to spend like 6 months without any daily activities.

Probably the Missingno. Glitch in Blue, although I didn't "discover" it perse.

I suppose the one that just happened was the glitch dimension in Silver.

@PrincessMio That is bizarre! I am by no means calling you out, but your copy had to have been hacked. Quite badly! I mean.. Lugia?

Average Cartoony Wolf Valery91Thunder's Avatar

The famous Glitch City ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Glitch_City ), with my Pokemon Blue. I didn't exactly discovered it though, as it was reviewed in a Pokèmon magazine at the time and I wanted to try it, so I followed step by step the guide in the magazine and eventually succeded.
    Your average Cartoony Wolf!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonGirl View Post
    @PrincessMio That is bizarre! I am by no means calling you out, but your copy had to have been hacked. Quite badly! I mean.. Lugia?
    I would call it hacked if I hadn't got it from one of the game shops in town :/ but unfortunately it might be one of those 'glitched from the beginning' games. I stopped playing the Crystal game haha, even tried starting over but each time I encounter unwanted glitches >.<

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HorizonGirl View Post
    I would call it hacked if I hadn't got it from one of the game shops in town :/ but unfortunately it might be one of those 'glitched from the beginning' games. I stopped playing the Crystal game haha, even tried starting over but each time I encounter unwanted glitches >.<
    I would say, because what you're describing is technically impossible. I do believe you though, because guess what? I was sold of those messed up copies of Crystal. I was never able to figure out why, but something strange used to happen with that game, and I have never been able to explain it. So I guess this counts as the first non-explained glitch I ever discovered! Basically, when messing around with Red (with glitches etc.) and playing Crystal immediately after, I could only play for about 30 seconds before the game would totally spaz out and freeze. It's as if the Gameboy somehow "remembered" that I had been playing Red, and that I had been experimenting with glitches. Oddly, this never happened with any other game. And everything would be fine if I didn't run into any glitches in Red. I am quite knowledgeable about how the games work, but I don't know quite as much about the actual consoles. So I have never been able to solve this one, how creepy!

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Either the glitched coast tile, as I happened to encounter something that shouldn't be in the water at all (I think a pidgey or something) right next to Seafoam Islands, or most likely something regarding a pokémon's stats over the PC.
    Nothing very interesting unfortunately. I had to be told about the Safari Zone and Missingno and all the more interesting ones.

@HorizonGirl The only reason I'd think that could happen with a normal cartridge, is if both Red and Crystal didn't clear and initialize the memory correctly respectively, leaving for a few seconds random garbage in some part of the RAM that Crystal might pick up and eventually make it crash.
    But that simply can't be it because I don't think the Gameboy retains anything in memory for more than an instant after powering off, and if it did it'd be quite a crazy coincidence to happen more than once.
    So yeah, it's unexplainable. Even if it's a bad copy of the game, that it does that only and every time after glitching up Red...

[/overexposition]

@Infinity Mk-II Yeah, I've been researching glitches for so long, I've become mostly desensitized to the "creepy" factor of a lot of them. But due to the unexplainable nature of this one, it still keeps me up at night sometimes. Possessed GBA much? XD
    I'd say it's a coincidence, but the fact that I've seen it happen five or six times without fail, that kind of rules that possibility out. This was about 8 years ago, and I haven't done it since because the possible risk to my Crystal save file was making me uncomfortable. But now that I'm thinking about it again, if I ever find my GBA, I'll try to post a video. No guarantees though, I'm not even sure it still works! :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast