Favorite things about D/P - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Favorite things about D/P

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

Yeah. Manners suck!

-New music rules.
    -Likes Sandgem Town (just the name, thus far)
    -WEAVILE!!

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

Almost everything (the caps coming back . . errrg), but in particular, I LOVE the Day/Night feature coming back, and the Wi-Fi is pretty sweet as well.

Oh and mannerisms are not needed at all in the pokémon world.

Everything! Woah. The Pokemon are cute, the stickers look fun. I can't WAIT for contests! Wi-Fi looks so fun! I've never been able to get all the Pokemon and now I will try >D
    Running indoors will be so much of an awesome feature. Plus, day and night! Whee. >w<

Fennelblocked! Loch Ness Lapras's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishPianoPlayer View Post
    Oh and mannerisms are not needed at all in the pokémon world.
    I figured that out when I started comitting daylight robbery right in front of people and they didn't call the police or sic their Pokemon on me.
    Processing registration data
    Please wait before trying again
    It may take five minutes or longer to complete the process
    U MAD TRAINERS?

I miss my fire too...

Wi-Fi for me, the day/night was a problem when I was in school... >.> oh but it's better now. <.<

Manners are gone-o?? O.O Yes!! XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepthroat Habunake View Post
    "So...*heavy breathing* I heard you like Mudkips..."
    Quote Originally Posted by TARDIS "Sexy" Glomper View Post
    "Wanna see my Barboach?"

*Retches*

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

Default Re: fav things about D/P

Besides the inclusion of a boatload of great and awesome Pokémon? Time progression, getting your run ability so fast, training is not too slow, gym leaders are fair fights

Default Re: Favorite things about D/P

The legendaries, I just LOVE sinnoh, and the gym battles

I just love te game.
    o annd i also love te underground
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 20th August 2013 at 02:07 PM.

The Underground! I dreamed of excavating my own stones since generation I.
    Saeyru likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Swadloon View Post
    The Underground! I dreamed of excavating my own stones since generation I.
    This! I missed The Underground so much, it was such an easy way to dig and excavating items. @_@ I really do hope something like that makes a comeback this generation, but yeah!

Also owning your own villa was definitely cool, but I think that was in Platinum.

Blog Entries

I liked a lot of things about Diamond, Pearl and Platinum and I think it was easily one of the best generations, if not the best one.

Dawn and Lucas have such great designs, way better than Leaf/Red, Lyra/Kris/Ethan and Rosa/Nate's designs. Lucas looks better than Brendan as well, but I prefer May over Dawn. Hilbert and Hilda are still the best looking MCs though, besides Serena of course. :P

The music in DPP was great. I admit that I don't like some of the battle themes that much (Gen II and III had far better battle themes), but the route and city themes are easily the bests in the series, with the Route 216 (day) track being my favorite track in the game. Sandgem, Canalave, Eterna, Jubilife and Snowpoint all have great music themes as well. That is not to say all battle themes were bad, though, the Gym Leader, Cyrus and Cynthia's battle themes were terrific.

The evil team was so much better than Team Rocket, Aqua and Magma. Cyrus was creepy, ambitious and unlike some people think, he wasn't in fact evil, just a crazy nihilist and fucked up person. I really enjoyed his character and his choice of Pokémon. The admins were great, too, for the first time I enjoyed evil team admins! Mars and Saturn were hands down my favorites.

The Gym Leaders had a lot of personality, good designs, interesting teams and that made them way more interesting than the two past gen's Gym Leaders. Really, Johto and Hoenn were so boring and uninteresting, which is a shame because most of them look really good. Hopefully they fix the problem in Hoenn remakes, but judging by HGSS, I'd rather not have high hopes. My favorite is probably Gardenia, she is so cute! Maylene, Fantina and Volkner are nice too.

Cynthia! The first female Champion character and easily the strongest so far. Battling her was the first time I had trouble beating a character, outside of Battle Frontier facilities. Each and every Pokémon on her team was strong and cheap, with Garchomp and Milotic being the biggest "offenders". While I liked both Alder and Iris, I am hoping the Gen VI champion is as hard and interesting as Cynthia was. I love her!

The starters were all useful and the three of them look great in their fully evolved forms. It took me years to choose a favorite between them and I still have some doubts once in a while ._. <3

The new cross-gen evolutions were great! Electivire, Rhyperior, Yanmega, Togekiss, Mamoswine and Magnezone look awesome, unlike some of their pre-evos. Weavile, Gliscor and the others are nice too! The only I dislike a bit is Magmortar, I don't think it was an improvement over Magmar. Design-wise, at least.

The stat trainers were lovely, specially Cheryl and Riley! I was honestly surprised I could battle them once I have finished the game :o

Giratina, hands down the most awesome "third version legendary" so far. Should I mention how awesome its battle theme is?

Well, I guess that is enough for now, but there are more things I enjoyed about DPP and Sinnoh! All in all, DPP were the games that made me love Pokémon again, so I obviously enjoyed a lot of stuff about them. It always hurt me when someone say DPP were the worst games in the series, because in fact, they were some of the best ones, specially Platinum, which is my favorite game in the series as of the date of this post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I liked a lot of things about Diamond, Pearl and Platinum and I think it was easily one of the best generations, if not the best one.

Dawn and Lucas have such great designs, way better than Leaf/Red, Lyra/Kris/Ethan and Rosa/Nate's designs. Lucas looks better than Brendan as well, but I prefer May over Dawn. Hilbert and Hilda are still the best looking MCs though, besides Serena of course. :P

The music in DPP was great. I admit that I don't like some of the battle themes that much (Gen II and III had far better battle themes), but the route and city themes are easily the bests in the series, with the Route 216 (day) track being my favorite track in the game. Sandgem, Canalave, Eterna, Jubilife and Snowpoint all have great music themes as well. That is not to say all battle themes were bad, though, the Gym Leader, Cyrus and Cynthia's battle themes were terrific.

The evil team was so much better than Team Rocket, Aqua and Magma. Cyrus was creepy, ambitious and unlike some people think, he wasn't in fact evil, just a crazy nihilist and fucked up person. I really enjoyed his character and his choice of Pokémon. The admins were great, too, for the first time I enjoyed evil team admins! Mars and Saturn were hands down my favorites.

The Gym Leaders had a lot of personality, good designs, interesting teams and that made them way more interesting than the two past gen's Gym Leaders. Really, Johto and Hoenn were so boring and uninteresting, which is a shame because most of them look really good. Hopefully they fix the problem in Hoenn remakes, but judging by HGSS, I'd rather not have high hopes. My favorite is probably Gardenia, she is so cute! Maylene, Fantina and Volkner are nice too.

Cynthia! The first female Champion character and easily the strongest so far. Battling her was the first time I had trouble beating a character, outside of Battle Frontier facilities. Each and every Pokémon on her team was strong and cheap, with Garchomp and Milotic being the biggest "offenders". While I liked both Alder and Iris, I am hoping the Gen VI champion is as hard and interesting as Cynthia was. I love her!

The starters were all useful and the three of them look great in their fully evolved forms. It took me years to choose a favorite between them and I still have some doubts once in a while ._. <3

The new cross-gen evolutions were great! Electivire, Rhyperior, Yanmega, Togekiss, Mamoswine and Magnezone look awesome, unlike some of their pre-evos. Weavile, Gliscor and the others are nice too! The only I dislike a bit is Magmortar, I don't think it was an improvement over Magmar. Design-wise, at least.

The stat trainers were lovely, specially Cheryl and Riley! I was honestly surprised I could battle them once I have finished the game :o

Giratina, hands down the most awesome "third version legendary" so far. Should I mention how awesome its battle theme is?

Well, I guess that is enough for now, but there are more things I enjoyed about DPP and Sinnoh! All in all, DPP were the games that made me love Pokémon again, so I obviously enjoyed a lot of stuff about them. It always hurt me when someone say DPP were the worst games in the series, because in fact, they were some of the best ones, specially Platinum, which is my favorite game in the series as of the date of this post.
    Totally agree with everything you said, just baffles me when someone says Gen 4 games were crap and they are actualy awesome. Kinda agree with you about Magmortar, his design could have been a little better, he just looks like a fat Magmar.
    Reila likes this.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

I used to say that while I don't hate any of the Pokemon games, Gen IV was my least favorite. Now I'm starting to think that I actually really liked D/P but didn't like HG/SS all that much.
    D/P felt a lot different to me compared to past Pokemon games when they first came out. The ability to link with my friends wirelessly was amazing at the time, it's too bad that they aren't compatible with WPA-2. The music felt completely different from Gen III's fake trumpets (don't get me wrong, I love Gen III and its music). The new Pokemon were interesting as I'd never experienced the introduction of a new region. When I first played them I thought they had used 3D graphics for the trees and buildings, which was a step up from the 2D environments of Gen III.

It might just be nostalgia that makes me like these games, but I can say I had an awesome time playing them and I'm glad I did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SONICバリヤ View Post
    but didn't like HG/SS all that much..
    Oh my, I am not alone in the world ;_; HGSS was so boring to me. People glorify these two games and I never understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SONICバリヤ View Post
    but didn't like HG/SS all that much..
    Oh my, I am not alone in the world ;_; HGSS was so boring to me. People glorify these two games and I never understand why.
    G/S games were very good, they had a lot of mysteries, a lot of changes, a good plot, featured Kanto... it was a good renovation for that time. However, HG/SS were not so good as Platinum... the censorship of Game Corner and some dialogues was the main reason for me. It just made me sad, since G/S games were my favourites. Also, D/P/Pl had more changes than HG/SS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast