Favorite and Least Favorite Game to Replay

Thread: Favorite and Least Favorite Game to Replay

Now with more Dark DarkDragonite's Avatar

Default Favorite and Least Favorite Game to Replay

What's your least favorite game to replay of the old games? For me, it's DPPt. I enjoyed them when they came out, but they just don't have much replay value to me. The region is kind of boring and the game itself is just really, really slow, something I rediscovered while using the Poke Transporter on Pokemon Black recently.

I enjoy replaying Firered/Leafgreen and Emerald, but I have to say that Heartgold is more enjoyable to replay because of the updated gameplay and mechanics.

Default Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Game to Replay

Least enjoyable: Definitely the original Red and Blue. It lacks a post-game, meaning you'll have a short adventure, and the Pokedex is too tiny. FRLG rectifies this.
    Most enjoyable: Kalos. It has a huge Pokedex and main game. Same thing with Black 2 and White 2.
    My planned dream team- in the works (eventually)

Official Claimer of Oblivion Wing on 3/15/14, of the Relic Crown and Enigma Stone on 5/17/14, and most especially Arcanine on 7/5/14! I also have Lex and Sumia from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem: Awakening respectively. I also have the Hookshot (best item ever) from Legend of Zelda, Dragonstone and the tome Thoron from Fire Emblem, and the Crusader Blade from Kid Icarus Uprising. Not that anyone cares, of course...

Blog Entries

Favorite: ORAS would be my favorite overall, but since this is for the older games, I guess it would be XY. Kalos is a beautiful region, I love the huge list of available Pokemon, graphic are awesome, and I find the story quite enjoyable.

Least Favorite: All gen 5 games; BW more than the sequels. The story bores me to tears, I hate almost every single character, I'm limited to just the gen 5 pokemon before beating the game (most of which I hate), and I don't like this Unova at all.

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Favorite: Black and White. I loved the storyline and Unova has some of my absolute favorite Pokemon in the franchise. In fact, I've been toying with the idea of sending my GTS refugees over to Black 2--holding important items, of course--and restarting my playthrough. Granted, if I do that, I'll be sending over some level 1 Pokemon or an egg or two to get certain Pokemon that I want/need for the storyline.... (Yes, one will be a Golett. Didn't see that one coming, did ya?)

Least Favorite: SoulSilver. It's just a prettied up Johto and nothing more. The only times I've touched it was to send over Pokemon I needed for Black 2. Once I got my shiny Lugia, I put the game down and I haven't really tried touching it since.

Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Blog Entries

Favorite: Diamond and Platinum because of the nostalgia~

Least Fvaorite: Heartgold because I just can't take that level curve. I also find the story in general to just be rather boring with only the nice gen IV Johto region graphics as a reason to play the game.

Goddess Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Most - Gold & Silver - Memories.
    Least - Diamond & Pearl - It so slow

Move along, move along Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Favorite: Crystal & Emerald. Crystal especially; I love the colors in this game!

Least favorite: X & Y if those count, also Diamond & Pearl.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X/Pokémon ΩR Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Favorite: Platinum

Least Favorite: Soul Silver, grinding takes foreeeeeeeever.

Chapter 1: The Frigid City

An old friend of Alex's shows up while he's trying to sort out with his father what to do about his newest friend and helps come out with a solution. Afterwards, Alex and him make a little tour around Icirrus City in order to show the Golurk how human society works and end up meeting with more friends, but what is the Golurk thinking through the whole experience?

Now with more Dark DarkDragonite's Avatar

Ugh, I just can't replay any of the DPPt games. I don't regret trading in my copy of Diamond.

Favorite - Gold (I lost my old Red and Crystal)
    Least - Stadium 2 because it cheats!

Blog Entries

Favorite: BW/BW 2, so many choices for teams.

Least: Red, Blue and Yellow. I'm currently half way through Yellow and its pure torture. I ended up changing to an emulator that can fast forward because walking and battles where talking too long. Also all the Pokemon that I want to use are useless seeing how limited move sets were back in the day.
    C'est la vie.

Blog Entries

Favorites: Black and Platinum. The soundtrack! The story! The villains! The climax! THE NOSTALGIAAAA!!

Least favorites: DPPt and FRLG. Well, why is Platinum in my favorites? I love Platinum up until the end of the Spear Pillar incident; after that, the story goes pretty flat and there's not much else to push me forward. DP themselves don't have the saving grace of the Distortion World or Giritina. FRLG have some fairly potent nostalgia juice, but that's all they got going for em... it gets boring because I've raised so many Pokemon in those games, there aren't many new options to try out.
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327
    Y: Black
    Alpha Sapphire: Marik

Claimer of the Keyblade, the Wabbajack, some Phoenix Down, Lucina, the Silver Bow, and Roxas.

Least favourite: Pearl. I got it secondhand when I finally justified buying a DS and gave up on it. It was such a drag to play. I play Pokemon to have fun but Pearl was just hard work and I abandoned it for SS. I enjoyed SS but agree with the main criticisms. The level jumps are terrible and grinding is horrendous. But at the same time your Pokemon follows you and you get to explore two regions!

I'm struggling to pick a favourite. I loved playing Blue & Silver & Crystal when I was a kid. I finished & restarted those games so many times. At the time I loved them as much as I loved playing B&W and W2. I loved N and Ghetis & Alder. I loved that world and I miss the characters. But at the same time I'm on 128 hours of AS and love flag hunting and secret bases and creeping and mirage spots.

I can honestly say that Generation 5 was my least favorite to play, I don't know if it was my least favorite replay. I played the original Pokemon Silver so much last year I had the motivation for nostalgia and I started playing a Silver ROM. I couldn't do it. I don't know why, but I was unable to get past the first few gyms. I convinced myself that it was because it was a ROM and not the hard copy like I played when I was young. So I went out and bought a Gameboy Advance and a battery-dead Silver cartridge. I replaced the battery myself but still only made it to Mahogany town. It made me sad.
    My favorite game to replay would probably be a tie between the original Generation 1 and Generation 4. I don't really know why I like Generation 4 so much, but I couldn't/can't get enough of it. I was a late gamer because I started playing Pokemon in Generation 2 when it came out, but to this day, my run of Pokemon Yellow was some of the most fun I've ever had. Thanks!

TEMMEC