Famitsu reveals how to acquire Shaymin in DP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Famitsu reveals how to acquire Shaymin in DP

Default Famitsu reveals how to acquire Shaymin in DP

In July, you'll be able to register the requirements to acquire the hidden Pokemon, #492, Shaymin onto your Pokemon Diamond and Pearl cartridges when the next Pokemon movie comes out. Famitsu is technically speculating, but this is probably the way it will go down. I have the latest issue of Famitsu with me and can confirm that the URL below is a real picture.

Source: Famitsu

EDIT: http://imageboard.pocketmonsters.net/CoroCoro/res/190.html
    Last edited by FireEmblemPride; 13th February 2008 at 07:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Speculation or not, Shaymin art getto da ze!
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

It is comforting to know that the Famitsu writers are not of the ignorant opinion that the distribution method will have anything to do with Ranger 2. The usual coverage of Ranger 2 is on the next page, yet there is no implication of a connection.

Blog Entries

Pokemon Ranger 2 looks nice so far. Really wish we could get some clean pics of the game though. I mean, it's a few days short of being a month away...
    Baseball is wrong. Man with four balls can not walk. - Chinese Proverb

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    It is comforting to know that the Famitsu writers are not of the ignorant opinion that the distribution method will have anything to do with Ranger 2. The usual coverage of Ranger 2 is on the next page, yet there is no implication of a connection.
    Thank God. I don't want another sore wrist and pay AU$64 just to get an event Pokemon.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Thank God. I don't want another sore wrist and pay AU$64 just to get an event Pokemon.
    Instead, pay several times more in gas and time to travel to a random Nintendo event location! Much better!
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unless it's Wi-Fi. We also travel to Brisbane quite often for my mums health anyway, and that's where the closest event to me usually is.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

I have my doubts the dreams of WiFi distribution for Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus' event stuff will ever be realised really. :/

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Oak View Post
    I have my doubts the dreams of WiFi distribution for Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus' event stuff will ever be realised really. :/
    This.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Take It Easy, Chicken Virtual-Z's Avatar

I don't get it...how do we get one?

Blog Entries

Whatever that attack is that Shaymin is using on the screencaps, it looks AWESOME.

Blog Entries

The fate of Wi-Fi events should become clear soon; it now appears that Darkrai is also heading for distribution in Europe (see here).

I remind you that up till now, Europe has never been quick to follow distributions events. The shortest gap between an American distribution event and a European one was that of Jirachi in 2004; the Colosseum Bonus Disc was released in the US in February 10, while Channel was released in Europe in April 2. The European Eon Ticket, Aurora Ticket, Mew and Manaphy distribution events followed their American counterparts by more than half a year. No events were held distributing either Mysticticket or Celebi in any European country, in contrast to the US.

Darkrai has now been revealed to European audiences at a time when it is just barely better known to the American fanbase. This is a major difference from past patterns, for which I see no explanation other than a decision to combine the events in these countries into one that will utilize Wi-Fi. Of course, these are not the only countries to which such an event will be relevant, and therefore, an announcement will have to be posted on the GTS website in case that happens.

Admittedly, if it weren't for the news regarding European Darkrai, I would too be inclined to be pessimistic about the potential lying in Wi-Fi Mystery Gift. This is because there already exists a precedent for Mystery Gift features that have gone completely unused (in FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald). Whether or not history is to repeat itself will become known as soon as the distribution method for Darkrai is announced.

It would be nice if all of the promotional Pokemon could be gotten online from now on. It's a lot easier to go to a nearby McDonald's than drive a state or two away. @_@
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    The fate of Wi-Fi events should become clear soon; it now appears that Darkrai is also heading for distribution in Europe (see here).

I remind you that up till now, Europe has never been quick to follow distributions events. The shortest gap between an American distribution event and a European one was that of Jirachi in 2004; the Colosseum Bonus Disc was released in the US in February 10, while Channel was released in Europe in April 2. The European Eon Ticket, Aurora Ticket, Mew and Manaphy distribution events followed their American counterparts by more than half a year. No events were held distributing either Mysticticket or Celebi in any European country, in contrast to the US.

Darkrai has now been revealed to European audiences at a time when it is just barely better known to the American fanbase. This is a major difference from past patterns, for which I see no explanation other than a decision to combine the events in these countries into one that will utilize Wi-Fi. Of course, these are not the only countries to which such an event will be relevant, and therefore, an announcement will have to be posted on the GTS website in case that happens.

Admittedly, if it weren't for the news regarding European Darkrai, I would too be inclined to be pessimistic about the potential lying in Wi-Fi Mystery Gift. This is because there already exists a precedent for Mystery Gift features that have gone completely unused (in FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald). Whether or not history is to repeat itself will become known as soon as the distribution method for Darkrai is announced.
    The use of a Darkrai subsite on NOE could just be for the same reason the Manaphy site was put up when the American one was - the movie's going to be on Cartoon Network soon (which'd be weird, 'cos as far as I'm aware, CN's only just began showing D/P - but maybe they're blasting through them? I dunno, I don't watch it.). It was months between the Manaphy site going live here and the code for Ranger being placed on it.

It's pretty clear this has been thrown together in haste though, considering it's actually the exact same site as the American one (hence it saying to "click the links below for more information" despite there not being any other than the standard Nintendo newsletter) - so some announcement concerning Darkrai and/or the movie here must be imminent.

We may see WiFi distribution for Darkrai, maybe even worldwide at the same time... but I still sense it's more likely we'll be relying on Toys R Us again (or maybe GAME, since Nintendo got pally with them again for the Manaphy event).

I demand nothing less then Satoshi himself flying to my house and giving me Shaymin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast