Evasiveness?

Thread: Evasiveness?

Thumbs down Evasiveness?

How come the stat screen doesn't list evasiveness? It can go up and down from moves an stuff.

It can, but only temporarily. All Pokémon have the same level of evasiveness, and it can't be permanently altered.

It's all the same? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Quite so. After all, it wouldn't be much fun to battle an opponent that had been trained to evade everything. Double Team was enough to keep me in a battle with a Chansey for half an hour once.

Incidentally, I believe that this topic would be the appropriate place for simple questions such as this.

how can a fight last a half hour?
    Proud PokeGirl Supporter!

Team Galactic GhostMaster Ade Tyshio's Avatar

If enemy is using Double Team in each turn, believe me, fight could last even more than half hour.

てまり

If you achieve EVERYTHING in your Pokemon games through cheating- NetBattle is a place for you!
    But if you prefer to play fair- it's not a place for you. You will be smashed and rolled out by the flamethrowing Slowking and electric Gyarados.

Hmmm... while we are on the topic, can evasiveness affect sure-hit moves like Aerial Ace and Aura Sphere?

Random Fandom dude

Quote Originally Posted by eX.A.K.R. View Post
    Hmmm... while we are on the topic, can evasiveness affect sure-hit moves like Aerial Ace and Aura Sphere?
    Good question, I was pretty sure it did, but I never have properly tested that...

Team Galactic GhostMaster Ade Tyshio's Avatar

I don't think so. I used Double Team many times when battling Sidney's Absol and he was still kicking me with Aerial Ace.

てまり

If you achieve EVERYTHING in your Pokemon games through cheating- NetBattle is a place for you!
    But if you prefer to play fair- it's not a place for you. You will be smashed and rolled out by the flamethrowing Slowking and electric Gyarados.

Blog Entries

The reason they say that they always hit is because they do. I believe the only exception is to those who fly, dig, dive, or are resistant, although in stadium, Swift did hit my digging Charizard.

yeah, see, there's a reason these moves are specifically mentioned to be sure-fire with an accuracy rate listed as "-". If their accuracy was "100%", while they couldn't miss initially, it could still be lowered through status affects. This is probably why these moves are still considered usable within competitive play despite having an attack power of 60: they're practically the perfect counter for DT-abusers (that, and I guess the fact that Aerial Ace seems to be the only widely-distributed Flying-type move).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Blog Entries

Competitve players don't rely on DT to win. Movees like Aurasphere are used because it is awsome.

well, of course Aura Sphere would be an exception, given its decent attack power. And I don't know about you, but Double Team actually is used by competitive players... unfortunately, the others have to whine and bitch about it and call "hax" and shit. God knows why, considering evasion is a legit tactic just like any other, and it's perfectly within the game's boundaries, not like someone hacking all-999 stats or something. But hey, if you use guaranteed-hit moves (or in less-likely cases, Lock-on or Foresight) to counter them rather than complain about how they're kicking your ass and try to ban it with some cheap clauses, all the more power to you.

Mind you, I don't use DT myself, or competitively battle for that matter, but so far as I know, if it's in the game's data, it's all fair. And if it's in the game's data, there is a weakness to it, nothing's completely broken. That's what pisses me off about the majority of competitive players I do tend to see.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    well, of course Aura Sphere would be an exception, given its decent attack power. And I don't know about you, but Double Team actually is used by competitive players... unfortunately, the others have to whine and bitch about it and call "hax" and shit. God knows why, considering evasion is a legit tactic just like any other, and it's perfectly within the game's boundaries, not like someone hacking all-999 stats or something. But hey, if you use guaranteed-hit moves (or in less-likely cases, Lock-on or Foresight) to counter them rather than complain about how they're kicking your ass and try to ban it with some cheap clauses, all the more power to you.

Mind you, I don't use DT myself, or competitively battle for that matter, but so far as I know, if it's in the game's data, it's all fair. And if it's in the game's data, there is a weakness to it, nothing's completely broken. That's what pisses me off about the majority of competitive players I do tend to see.
    QFT. Your opponent is, shockingly, allowed to defend themselves.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Double Team and such like are annoying but they work and if you're battling competitively you want to win.

Though I do think if you use DT and Minimise you should lose some defense as well.

If you're smaller, or are psreading yourself out over a distance you are less able to defend surely?