Emerald...?

Thread: Emerald...?

Blog Entries

Default Emerald...?

Okay, currently I'm considering starting a game on Emerald... but right now, I'm trying to think whether I should or not.

I've only played Ruby and Sapphire through. I've played FR/LG up until Sabrina. But I have never played Emerald..! It'd be nice to clone a couple things (I only say that so I can PalPark the clone and keep it, mainly because I might actually want to use that Latias on Sapphire, but at the same time I want to get it into Pearl's dex) and get a bunch of Johto pokemon..

Is it worth playing Emerald, or am I not missing anything special..? I also want it so I can get the trio, I accidently fainted Groudon in Ruby ;__; And Latios too.. And Johto things... and heck, maybe it is worth it!

Anyway, I hope I can get some help with my decision. ;D I'm just wondering if I should play through Emerald or not though...

Steel_and_ice don't rule Dr. Peppa's Avatar

I would say to most deffinitely. I have played through Emerald like 10 times and each time my pokemon are better and better on my final team. It also has a fun story line. Not too much villianous teams just enough.

I certainly suggest purchasing Emerald; it's the consummation of Ruby and Sapphire. The game itself offers different challenges ranging from new trainers in certain areas to improved gym leader lineups and the Battle Frontier. The Battle Frontier also serves as a tool for sneaky movesets for Pokemon (namely granting the elemental punches to Pokemon without access to them in Gens 3 and 4 otherwise). I'm confident you wouldn't regret the purchase.

Blog Entries

I liked emerald much more than r/s, personally...

I thought it made a lot more sense with both teams being evil than oh.. OMG WE'RE TEAM MAGMA OUR BASE IS UNDER WATER LOL

Blog Entries

Well, I didn't really like the main 3rd gen games. Emerald is the best out of the three though, so If you want to, you should.. The main reason I played Emerald was to get the johto pokemon I desired so badly. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    I would continue this battle of wits with you but you're obviously unarmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    Deal with it.

I haven't played my Ruby since I got Emerald. The most recent time I used Ruby was for the Jirachi Bonus Disc. (Curse you R/S-only connectivity!)

Oh yes! Emerald is worth it!
    I've compleated R&S but I'm stuck in Emerald. The mazes are diferent, the battles are different, and with match call the fun "ring your mate and rebattle em" returns meaning there is always a battle to have, other than the elite 4.
    Pokemon Pearl
    --------------
    Name - Gino
    Code - 1375 5139 9557
    PM me if you want to battle or trade.

BWAHAHAHA!!! LAND!! Magma Krystal's Avatar

get it. it's much better than R/S. JUST DON'T TRY CLONING ON IT BECAUSE I READ THE GLITCH MOST LIKELY WILL NOT WORK AND ERASE YOUR FILE!!

Blog Entries

Okay! Cool, I think I'm looking foward to Christmas now :D

I guess to buy time to play it is resist Pearl for a bit, haha.

Cloning is possible on R/S? Weird. I thought it was only in Emerald. XD

BWAHAHAHA!!! LAND!! Magma Krystal's Avatar

oh. you misunderstood me. you can't clone on R/S, but if you try it on Emerald, it will just erase your game. you only have a 25% chance of it working, so don't do it.

On your roof where you'd never think to look. When you look, I'll move.

If you want a Smeargle or Sudowoodo without having to trade from a FR/LG game, and if you want to have a different experience than a pokemon contest(until you get to Lilycove), and if you want Groudon, and if you want to try to get Latios(although it's not certain if Latios or Latias will come up), AND(yes, a lot of ands, bear with me)if you want all of the starters, and trust me, it's good to have all of the starters, then BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/danger-you-really-may-include-bloodshed-23664/
    When The Danger meets The Black Streak, a new team arises. Are they good, or evil?
    The Danger Is You-above
    My character in an RPG. I forgot the gender signsOh well! Roselia and Clefable are the only girls.
    (No simularities to MAR were meant by this trainer card.)
    Fellow Naruto fans, PM me and we'll make a club!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magma Krystal View Post
    oh. you misunderstood me. you can't clone on R/S, but if you try it on Emerald, it will just erase your game. you only have a 25% chance of it working, so don't do it.
    that isn´t true. There is almost NO risk in doing the glitch whatsoever.
    I cloned so many Aipoms, holding a rarecandy to get many rarecandies in order to level up some of my pokemon to level hundered, I can´t count them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    that isn´t true. There is almost NO risk in doing the glitch whatsoever.
    I cloned so many Aipoms, holding a rarecandy to get many rarecandies in order to level up some of my pokemon to level hundered, I can´t count them.
    But I tried it twice. The first time it put me back in my previous save file, and the second time it erased my game. I'm tempted to try it again, but I've got too many good Pokemon ready to be transfered to D/P, and I'm not risking it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Blog Entries

Hm. I suppose if you just turn off the game AFTER the pause, I think that's what is deleting game files. :<

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    Hm. I suppose if you just turn off the game AFTER the pause, I think that's what is deleting game files. :<
    right. the woman ask you if you want to save the game in order to enter, then a pause happens, and then she asks you again, including the normal save-screen. this is the time to turn the game off and you won´t risk a deleted game .