Elite Four, my ass!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elite Four, my ass!!

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Elite Four, my ass!!

Trainers in post-game areas may have higher levels but most of them would never get through the E4. The Elite Four have strong Pokémon and tactics while the trainers are the same mooks you've seen before, just with higher levels. It's the same deal with the early Gym Leaders. They far weaker than the E4 but when you get to them they are still a challenge. RPG levelling systems don't make perfect sense.

As has been mentioned, the E4 do have a stronger team on remathes anyway. And the Battle Frontier doesn't count since it is a different brand of high-level challenge.

The Elite Four are a big end-game challenge to prove the strength of your team. If you did retire them, how would you end the game?

Blog Entries

They shouldn't take them away, the post-game trainers like many have said went through the Pokemon League, and won. They are there to test your skills as a trainer, the post-game trainers are to train against so you could take on a stronger elite four. Why else would you be collecting badges? The badges would be redundant, and the length/playability of the games wouldn't be as good as they are.
    :V

Blog Entries

Hellz NO. THe E4 is, in my opinion, the best place to train. Especially if you want to train a weak pokemon. I went into the E4 with a level 20-ish Joltik on White. I gave it a lucky egg, always sent it out 1st, and came out with a level 40-ish Galvantula. You can also give a high level pokemon an amulet coin, a weak pokemon an exp. share, you can do work right there.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Quote Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
    Hellz NO. THe E4 is, in my opinion, the best place to train. Especially if you want to train a weak pokemon. I went into the E4 with a level 20-ish Joltik on White. I gave it a lucky egg, always sent it out 1st, and came out with a level 40-ish Galvantula. You can also give a high level pokemon an amulet coin, a weak pokemon an exp. share, you can do work right there.
    This sums it up. Not only is it an important end to the game, but its still the best place to train weak pokemon.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Christian Brutal Sniper! Dark Tranquillity's Avatar
    The Gallery, walking amongst the portraits. Where every picture holds a tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    ^THIS

and two posts above - THIS

they are Powerful adversaries, when they first appear
    Exactly!
    When they first appear.
    Any other time you battle them after that, they're not so "elite" any more, are they? Well, at least to you, they aren't.

The E4 should never be taken out of Pokemon games. Never ever! They make a really good training area afterwards.
    SS FC: 4984 7968 7958, Pt. FC: 2666 0837 1829
    Name for both: Ben, White FC: 1978 9611 8922 Name: Alexi

Claims:
    Force Palm, Nidoqueen, Maylene, Old Chateau, Magma Leader, Magmarizer, Great Ball, Heavy Metal

Fun fact:
    TM28 contains Tombstony!

"My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic" fans unite!
    http://www.everypony.com/forums/forum.php

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FabuVinny View Post
    As has been mentioned, the E4 do have a stronger team on remathes anyway. And the Battle Frontier doesn't count since it is a different brand of high-level challenge.
    Though mostly a case of them telling and not showing, its been stated that the Elite 4 and Frontier Brains tend to be on-par with each other.

A more visible example is Caitlin, though not exactly a Frontier Brain, she's mentioned that she was never once able to beat Cynthia.

It's called gameplay and story segregation (if you have the time look it up on tvtropes) They wanted for most players to beat the E4 but also left something for the good trainers.

Kye

Quote Originally Posted by Torterrius View Post
    And who really has the patience to train their Pokemon into the sixties before challenging the E4 the first time? Crazies.
    I was just browsing through the thread, but I saw this and had to say.... me. *shyly raises hand*

It should stay! EXP. SHARE. ITS SO HARD TO TRAIN WEKAK POKEMON SO E4 IS THERE

In every game (Except White/Black I havent played it..)
    I always defeat the Elite Four with my Pokemon team like under Lv45 :3
    In Gold..I defeated them like my Pokemon all Lv36-42
    I only had 4 Pokemon ..Farfetch'D Amphros, Sandslah and Feraligatr hehe..
    They're easy XD
    Don't care, I'm Leaving...
    Myeca Joanna, remember that name. Coz later in your Life, you'll be Screaming it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12