Eevee evolutions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eevee evolutions

Question Eevee evolutions

Hi,
    what do you think is best to evovle eevee into? Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon or Umbreon?

Thanks,
    Blaziken

It depends on your team, your needs and your wants.

If you need a tank, go with Umbreon.

If you get yer kicks out of Psychic moggies owning anything that looks at it the wrong way, you want Espeon.

Want a Surfer? Go with Vaporeon?

Want to have a good old fashioned BBQ? Give Flareon a try.

Give yer foes an electrifying time with Jolteon.

Or show them that Ice Beam is a fun move to use with Glacia.

Or just beef up Leafia's Attack and go to town with Leaf Blade.
    This sig for rent.

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

Depends. All of them bar Flareon have their uses, but I tend to like Vaporeon best.

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

I've never really had any type of Eevee on my team, amazingly, but I think I'll definetly be lovin' on Glacia this Spring!
    *this space for rent*

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    Depends. All of them bar Flareon have their uses,
    Which was never truly fair anyway. The only thing saving it now is Fire Fang, but that still means it took 10-11 years to actually give it something it can benefit with. ...What they should have done was given it MORE physical fire moves. But nooooo, it's still at the bottom of the pile. As if fire-types weren't hard enough to get ahold of already.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Smile

I just like Jolteon because it's the first one I ran into at Battle Frontier Factory.

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I went with Jolteon in XD but then I like electric Pokémon.

I did find Espeon to be really useful in Colosseum, though. Umbreon is all right if you are into competitive battles but I'm not so it makes sense to be able to make more damage and thus not need the extra defense.

I found Umbreon alot better then Espeon. Espeon went down like 3X faster then Umbreon most of the time in Colloseum.

I prefer stalling Vaporeon the best, myself.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Passionately Burning RED shiroandfubuki's Avatar

The aswer to this question, of course, depends on which game we're talking about.

((WARNING: Spoilers! I know some people really, really don't like them, no matter how small.))

RBY:

Keep in mind that your rival will recieve whichever "Eeveelution" that, save for if you chose Jolteon, can type-trump your choice (Rival will take Flareon if you chose Jolteon). Thus, I go with Jolteon.

GSC:

This is a matter of taste. Considering that Dark types are fairly rare in GSC, I chose Umbreon, though Espeon is much, much easier to obtain.

RSE/ FRLG:

Same guidelines as RBY, since you have to trade your Eeveelution over from FRLG, anyway. For Espeon and Umbreon, go beat Colloseum, and trade them over. You also get another Eevee in XD.

Colloseum:

Espeon and Umbreon are available. In fact, they are your starters. Not much to say here, except that my Espeon always ended up with the higher level of the two by the time the ending credits rolled...

XD:

All Eeveelutions are available in this game. However, I chose Jolteon once again, as the three legendary birds and Lugia are put against you at the game's climax.

PMD:

If you start as an Eevee, than a large leap had been taken in your journey to Eeveelution obtaination. If not, recruitment is required. Eevee can be found in the Joyous tower on floors 12F-17F. The three evolution stones aren't that much of a problem (they are found on the 29th floor of the Fiery Field, the Lightning Field, and the Northwind Field). To get Espeon and Umbreon, however, you need to bump their IQ up to four stars (or more, if you are so inclined), and evolve them using the Solar Ribbon (Espeon) or the Lunar Ribbion (Umbreon). Due to the high amount of "boss" psychic-types (Mew, Mewtwo, Deoxys...even Jirachi is part psychic-type), I chose Umbreon.

DP:

Though I do not yet own the game(s) (waiting for the english version. Even if those cheats are not longer available, I want to be able to transfer pokemon from my other games), and do not know of many of the specific in-game situations, I know that there are far fewer ice-types than grass-types in Shinou (Sinnoh?). Thus, Glacia (Which I'm pretty sure will be called "Glaceon" in the English release).

I hope this helps. I had to look through my old game guides to make sure the information was correct ^_^ I think it's fairly obvious, though, that I'm an Umbreon and Jolteon fan (mostly Umbreon, though). However, one major variable in Eeveelution-choosing is your own preference. Choose whichever Eeveelution you like best!

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by shiroandfubuki View Post
    GSC:

This is a matter of taste. Considering that Dark types are fairly rare in GSC, I chose Umbreon, though Espeon is much, much easier to obtain.
    Not if you're an insomniac it's not :P
    *this space for rent*

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only time I usually use any of the EONs is XD. And then I only use Vaporeon. PWNAGE! I don't know why but my current Vaporeon on XD has not yet fainted at all throughout the game (completed) :O

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Depending on game, I tended to learn toward Jolteon (RBY, FRLG) and Espeon (GSC). That's in game, of course.

In the second case it's because Umbreon, as I recall, was hell to level up, whereas in the first, it's simple economics - I usually start Charmander so fire is covered, and good water types are much easier to obtain than their electric counterparts. (In GSC, the Flaffy line was readily available and decent enough in a fight, so Jolteon was no longer so useful).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by shiroandfubuki View Post
    Keep in mind that your rival will recieve whichever "Eeveelution" that, save for if you chose Jolteon, can type-trump your choice (Rival will take Flareon if you chose Jolteon). Thus, I go with Jolteon.
    ....What? My rival never have an Eeveelution, save for in Yellow. And that evolution was based upon your win/defeat score the laboratory and Viridian battles in the first twenty minutes of the game. Lose both, he gets a Flareon. Lose one/win one, he gets a Vaporeon. Win both, and he gets a Jolteon. ...I think anyway. S'been a while.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Passionately Burning RED shiroandfubuki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natane View Post
    ....What? My rival never have an Eeveelution, save for in Yellow. And that evolution was based upon your win/defeat score the laboratory and Viridian battles in the first twenty minutes of the game. Lose both, he gets a Flareon. Lose one/win one, he gets a Vaporeon. Win both, and he gets a Jolteon. ...I think anyway. S'been a while.
    Hmm...

That's interesting, and now I'm not honestly sure. I mean, every time I battled him (I remember being rather indecisive, and trying out all three), he seemed to have the one that was "strong" against mine...

But even besides that, Jolteon still helps with some of the tougher battles (Lance's Dragonite, as an example [STAB and double strength for its Flying qualities]). I'm gonna stick with Jolteon ^_^

Note that I'm not really a competitive or technical battler (I'm gonna try when DP cames out in english).

Sorry for any misconceptions or false information! I based a lot of this on my own inference (the guide check was just for the floor numbers in PMD, mostly), so i guess something had to be wrong :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast