DVs of in-game battle Pokemon

Thread: DVs of in-game battle Pokemon

who drew that ugly thing Porygon's Avatar

Default DVs of in-game battle Pokemon

Say I battle a random trainer in RSE, will the DVs/Stats/Gender/etc of that Pokemon from that trainer be the same in every copy of the games, or are they different depending on random values and whatnot? Thanks.

I don't mean wild Pokemon, only those owned by trainers.

Blog Entries

Hmm, I have a feeling that their stats may change everytime the game is reset (turned off and on). I say this because I've reset after I lost a battle in the E4, and when I went back to battle that same Pokemon again, one of my moves did slightly better/worse that second time around. So, my conclusion is that their stats change everytime. Their genders may not, but the stats may. :P

Then again, I could be completely wrong, so anyone that has 100% confirmation can prove me wrong. :P
    Matt the Drat!

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

IVs and EVs are pre-set. There is a small random factor in damage calculation, and let's not forget about such small things as stats-raising moves and critical hits.

Blog Entries

Ah, so the damage changes randomly throughout battles. That clerifies things for me, and also gives a definitive answer to Porygon, thanks Zhen.

(On a side-note, I notice Porygon that you're from Orange County...I'm from OC as well. Just a random tidbit. :P)
    Matt the Drat!

who drew that ugly thing Porygon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin View Post
    IVs and EVs are pre-set. There is a small random factor in damage calculation, and let's not forget about such small things as stats-raising moves and critical hits.
    Alright, I knew for a fact they wouldn't change once you had already battled them once, but I thought it could be like Lati@s in R/S where it's different between games- yet still consistant throught the same game.

(Anothing Pokemon fan in SoCal?? Is that possible?? ;P)
    blogosphere