DP in US in November

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DP in US in November

Default DP in US in November

Gamespot said, and this is all over forums now with people AUTOMATICALLY BELIEVING IT!

Does this have any shred of proof, or is this as fake as Al Kahn declaring to be PokeJesus?

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

This has to go in the unconfirmed rumours box for now. I've not seen any shread of evidence for this as of yet. Got a link to Gamespot saying that?
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

It was in a thread on Serebii, but it's down, but I will try and get it soon.

The article itself is found here: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6158967.html

Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl launched today, and again Tokyo saw fans lining up in scenes reminiscent of the Final Fantasy III DS launch last month. (The games will hit the US in mid-November.)

You shmexy lil' beast you Sillymence's Avatar

Mostly likely just a typo, since FFIII is coming out in November.
    Pokeschool - Because joining a forum in turmoil is twice the fun!

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Could be a typo, where it's meant to say mid-November 2007. Hard to say at this point.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

As you can see, the last line is ambigious.

I think it's talking about FF, but everyone else thinks it means DP.

It's talking about FFIII. Nintendo of America hasn't announced D/P, it isn't scheduled for release AT ALL this year.

Seriously, one article on Gamespot does not a fact make.

Ok, who posted this on Bulbanews?

We don't need to further the rumour.

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

No, but we do need to explain the news. Admittedly the headline doesn't give an accurate picture, but there's only so much you can sequeeze into a short title.

Real California Cheese. Birdyspot's Avatar

I don't believe this "news" for a second. It doesn't make good (any) business sense for Nintendo to release Mystery Dungeon in September, Ranger at the END of October, and then D/P only two weeks later in mid-November. I do believe this is just a very poorly written article.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

If it was only Gamespot, that'd be one thing. But it's not.

IGN has also shifted their projected DP release date from TBA 2007 to TBA 2006.

(For that matter, GameSpy also state TBA 2006 for release, though it's not clear whether they mean japan or US)

It is quite possible that a mix-up occured somewhere, or that they saw the gamespot article and edited accordingly. But with both IGN and Gamespot reporting 2006 in the space of a few hours, it certainly warrants posting an "unconfirmed" story on Pedia.
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 1st October 2006 at 02:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

I don't believe this "news" for a second. It doesn't make good (any) business sense for Nintendo to release Mystery Dungeon in September, Ranger at the END of October, and then D/P only two weeks later in mid-November. I do believe this is just a very poorly written article.
    Not to mention you don't just release a game with less than a month of advertisements and announcements. That'd be the worst marketing job ever.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Well, Wii's coming out in mid-November, too, and I haven't seen any commercials of it yet. Granted, I never watch much TV, but I think Nintendo knows that there's a lot of hype and might figure, why bother advertising if we get it free on the internet?

Plus, we can always hope. People have thought Nintendo was crazy before.

But I don't really mind when it's released, so long as I can get it.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Not to mention you don't just release a game with less than a month of advertisements and announcements. That'd be the worst marketing job ever.
    Assuming mid to late november, they still have at least two weeks before it's "less than a month".

Besides which, you don't want to start the advertising TOO early either, else the impact of the ad campaign will be all but gone by the time the game is out.

I'm not saying this is true. What I'm saying is, though it's unlikely, the possibility that this is real should not be thrown out entirely.
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 1st October 2006 at 04:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast