Does ???-type Arseus exsist?

Thread: Does ???-type Arseus exsist?

Default Does ???-type Arseus exsist?

Now, I'm certain that you have all seen the above image in the Bulbapedia Image Archives. Can you actually make Arseus a ???-type?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The question is, what affects it? If it's ???-type, then, does it really have any weaknesses?

There is no "???" plate, so there is no "???" Aruseus. I think that's the Ghost plate.

Both Bulbapedia and Psypoke have Images of a ???-type Arseus.

The question is, what affects it? If it's ???-type, then, does it really have any weaknesses?
    And that's mainly what I want to know.

Blog Entries

While you're at it, you can tell me what in world the female evo of the bagworm is doing with these colors:

In case you can't tell, that was sarcasm. I know it only has 3 forms. Why does this pic exist then? My reasoning is that it's the same reason this unknown Arseus does. It can't be achieved by any known methods in the game, not even hacking (as far as I know), yet these were taken from the game code itself. Why are these sprites there? I don't know, but there must be some kind of connection here.
    Step into the Fairy circle

That's just a pallete bug, from the first sprite rips of the game, before the correct pallette was found for it. Same for Aruseus, I'd say. But there is no "???" type Aruseus.

Blog Entries

I concur. The ??? type only exists when the move Curse is put on a non-Ghost pokemon, and that's the only instance. It wasn't meant to be an extra pokemon type, but the type for the move still exists, although it does nothing since it's not an attack. It's a fan-generated myth.

Pokémon Capture Expert paperfairy's Avatar

No, the ??? Aresus is from the correct pallete rips. X_x

Maybe it's something for the future, now that we have Wifi updates....

Shadow moves from XD and Colo. are ??? type.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/%3F%3F%3F

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    Shadow moves are another kind of Pokémon attacks with the type ???.

In Pokémon Colosseum, Shadow Pokémon have the move Shadow Rush until they are purified. In Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, more Shadow moves are introduced. Starting in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, these moves are super-effective against regular Pokémon and not very effective against other Shadow Pokémon.

The ??? type does not run exclusively off of the Pokémon's attack stat or special attack stat. This differs from one attack to another.

don't like something? fix it. stop complaining about it.

Blog Entries

I didn't know that. o.o Still, I don't think they would put that in a handheld series game. Time might prove me wrong, but we will have to see.

It's probably from some palette-ripping mishap.

Why do you say that? You're not the one who produced those images.

From what I understand, the ??? Aruseus is purely a placeholder. You can never get it, it's just there to keep the integrity of the coding.

??? type is affected at normal damage by everything, and does normal damage on everything, not that it's relevant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    From what I understand, the ??? Aruseus is purely a placeholder. You can never get it, it's just there to keep the integrity of the coding.
    On that token, I wonder if there's a glitch to force it out like a certain old placeholder we all know and love...

Shadow attacks aren't really ??? type, at least not in the same way as Curse. They are never assigned an official type in Colo/XD, they have their type bar blank instead. That's probably why all Shadow attacks are named Shadow <something>; like Shadow Rush, Shadow Break, Shadow End, Shadow Storm, et al.