Do you Think Cheat Devices are OK to use?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you Think Cheat Devices are OK to use?

Post Do you Think Cheat Devices are OK to use?

Do you think that using a cheat device,such as gameshark on your pokemon games is an OK thing to do?

Personally I trhink that they should only be used to get the unobtainables such as Mew,Celebi,etc or to get your team to level 100. Although I think it would be a lot more satisfying if you were to do this without cheating.(Not that I'd know I've never completed a pokedex with or without cheats(but I have trained a level 100 without,and I know thats a great feeling.))
    But some of us may not be able to go to the special events or have the time to do all the training involved. These however are the only instances in which I would consider it.

What are you're opinions on this and why?

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

Nah. If you cheat, then you haven't truely earned anything, and then what's the point? Although I can't tell you how many time I used the missingno cheat in middle school... good times!

Registered User shadow_salamance's Avatar

no there is no point whatsoeva if you havnt earnt it.....im totally into cloning though

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

mm... I don't think it matters too much. I guess in competitive battling it becomes more of an issue, but not in casual. Gamefreak also has it programed pretty intelligent for error correcting anyways, so it may block out a cheater anyways.

They put some stuff in there that is next to impossible anyways. (Honestly, a shiney mew? I hope that's for a programming convience. The only person that will have that programmed it into there game. Which is what AR does anyways, so one can call it cheating)

I mean...like using gameshark to get alot of your favorites that weren't in R/S when it first came out...I can understand.

But max stats, and stuff that hurt people when you battle them online is a problem.

Cheating ruins the integrity of Pokémon. I know that those people who were cheated at the early JAA events were probably disheartened. Thankfully, after the realization of the possibility of that happening, the subsequent winners had their games taken from them for testing (they got a free replacement game, though). I think Nintendo looked through all of the savefiles of each game for any suspicious activity (which most of you probably know anyway).

Go Penguins! (Piplup evolution line and hockey team included)

What people do with their games in privacy is none of my business. They can cheat all they want as long as no one else will get affected by it. I mean, if they're going to use these cheat-created Pokemon in official tournaments or fool their friends like that, that's lame. But if they're just going to keep it to themselves, I don't mind.

If I had a GameShark, I'd totally hack myself a ticket to catch my own Deoxys (I catch my Legendaries legally, that's for sure). I'll never get a chance to get one by official means, so why not? I don't play with other people anyway. =P

Nope, I don't approve of cheating devices. Besides, what's the point if your game will probably get ruined?
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=25813 Jesus Alliance

Please, help the unborn http://www.priestsforlife.org/

My LiveJournal http://ashspikapal.livejournal.com/

"When your country and mine shall get together on the teachings laid down by Christ in this Sermon on the Mount, we shall have solved the problems not only of our countries but those of the whole world."- Mahatma Gandhi

I personally wouldn't touch a cheating device. I used a Gameshark a total of once to get Mew, and then felt so crappy I just restarted and threw the GS out. XD If I'm too lazy to go out to one of those special events, I don't deserve one, dernit.

But seeing as how I only play with people I know personally(and who also don't cheat), I don't really care if somebody else cheats. Jacking up stats, getting multiple items/rare pokemon. I don't care, because it doesn't have anything to do with me. At least, it shouldn't.

personally i really dis-approve of cheating devices, theres a few exceptions though, for example lets say you live in a country which you will NEVER have a chance of getting like a chance of getting an eon ticket, in that case i feel its justified. or when ruby and sapphire first came out and you were DYING to get a kanto pokemon its okay as long as you dont trade them in my opinion

Woot yes i RAWK!!
    also Harley does too!

Passionately Burning RED shiroandfubuki's Avatar

I used Action Replay and Game Shark a lot in R/S.

I never hacked any Pokemon ('cept that Celebi that I released), and I never maxed out stats. Just got a Master Ball here or there for the tough legendaries, and some Rare Candies for those tight spots here or there.
    But, recently, I've felt like crap about it.

Thus, I have not used a cheat device on Emerald (Though I'm sure there's a high-leveled Pokemon in there from my R/S days somewhere), and I will not use one in D/P. I bought an Eon Ticket. I went to the Mew Event.

I've even started EV training. Maybe I can enter a competetive tournament if I try hard enough.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The only thing I really use it for... well, pretty much to get the ridiculously hard-to-find evolution items, like King's Rock and Metal Coat.

I'm gonna probably lay off the cheating for Gen IV, though. Gen III I laid off it a lot from Gen II. I mean, there, I combined two Pokémon's codes to get a Lugia with Sacred Fire, or a shiny Feraligatr with Flamethrower. The ones I list in my userpage on the Pedia are all legal shinies, though, I swear it.

Plus, I have no DS Gameshark/AR... and unless I get it as a gift like the last two... no dice. Don't really trust the DS one, anyway.

Too bad there's still not plentiful TMs... I'd have to cheat to get those... mrrh.

Blog Entries

The only cheats I've ever used are the G/S cloning trick (and who didn't?), a "99 Master Ball" cheat on Sapphire, and a Full Pokedex cheat on Leaf Green (and that was only for fanart reference). I really can't stand ones that give you an unfair advantage though, like Instant Lv. 99, or stuff like that... they're just so... lazy.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lazy cheats spoil the game, though that's a personal choice to make. The only game I ever cheated on was Colosseum... though I did make use of infinite rare candies there for my Ruby Pokédex.

Post Long.......Rant

hmm...it depense:

If you completed the game and have done the pokedex to the max, then i think it is okay to cheat, reason's...here..

it adds more 'fun-ness' to a dated game, think of it as a 'reward' for doing everything.

..that was a quote from a game site. i have done thees pokemon game 's without cheating:

Red: Completed

Blue: Un-Completed

Yellow: Un-Completed

Gold: Un-Completed

Crystal: Completed

Sapphire: Completed

Colosseum: Un-Completed

Emerald: Completed

XD: Completed

and thees WITH cheats:

Red: Completed

Ruby: Completed

Silver: Un-Completed

sorry..i seemed to be getting a bit off topic...anyway....i find cheating okay but only in some area's. in RED i just used a TM item code, in Silver i used the Clone 'Cheat', in Ruby i used the Master Ball. i ONLY cheated after i struck my first 'Hall-Of-Famer'.

no matter....
    Last edited by Kai Blackdragoon; 24th January 2007 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Bad Spelling's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast