Do you own either of the original Japanese Pokemon games, Red and Green? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you own either of the original Japanese Pokemon games, Red and Green?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes; I own one of them.

7 26.92%
  • Yes; I own both of them.

1 3.85%
  • I don't own either of them, but I do really want one of them.

13 50.00%
  • I couldn't care less.

5 19.23%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Do you own either of the original Japanese Pokemon games, Red and Green?

No Longer Screwed by April Fool's Day Black Kyurem's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you own either of the original Japanese Pokemon games, Red and Green?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    I have Japanese Red.....I didn't make much progress since I couldn't understand any of it.....
    Have you played English Red/Blue? If so, you should be able to get through it without needing to understand Japanese. The only difficulties would be attacks and items, but an English list of moves a Pokemon learns and one for item locations will help you figure out what's what.
    Yeah... moves are no problem... just memorize the what each move does and the names aren't even important. You can even change the order of the moves so the useful one is always on top and then you won't even have to memorize the order. Also, learn katakana... it's helpful for some of the items (as some of the names are similar to English... like "Poké Ball" ("Monster Ball") is "monsutaabaru" and "PP UP" is "pipiappu" (I may have gotten the spellings wrong but it's something along those lines)). And some hiragana for attack names... like if the attack has "den" in it then it's some sort of electric attack (unless the attack Type is Normal... then it's "Quick Attack").
    I don't have English Red, and the moves aren't the problem; I'm just completely lost on the part of the game I'm at.
    PM me and I'll try to help you figure it out. (:
    I think the game is almost out of power, and you can't charge old gameboy games, so I'm kinda stuck.....
    If I can still play it......then I think I just beat L.T. Surge's gym, either that, or I'm about to. I haven't played it for a long, long, long, long.....time.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you own either of the original Japanese Pokemon games, Red and Green?

A used Pokemon Green complete with a box, instruction booklet and a world map - $17,50. The faces of your friends when you show them that legendary Pokemon game... priceless.
    Shadow Victini likes this.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I don't own the original Japanese versions and I don't really want them to be honest. Blue and Red were the ones that I first received and they are pretty much the same apart from being in English and sprite differences.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

A few years ago I was in town and went into my local second hand game shop. While browsing their Gameboy section, I saw a Japanese Pokémon Red Version (Cartridge only) for £3.

Has been mine ever since.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I only have the American Blue and Yellow version, and I don't have any plans on buy Japanese versions in fear of region locks.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I want either one of Red or Green - after 10 to 20 years or so it's going to be extremely popular on auction XDD

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    I only have the American Blue and Yellow version, and I don't have any plans on buy Japanese versions in fear of region locks.
    GameBoys don't have regions... Japanese games can be played on American GameBoys. The only problem is that battling / trading can't be done between Japanese and American versions. And I don't think it's compatible with the American Stadium games.

追放されたバカ

I had Red for a while...but then I gave it away. BIG MISTAKE. At least I still have the rest of the Gens...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12