Do you own either of the original Japanese Pokemon games, Red and Green?

View Poll Results: Do you own either of the original Japanese Pokemon games, Red and Green?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes; I own one of them.

7 26.92%
  • Yes; I own both of them.

1 3.85%
  • I don't own either of them, but I do really want one of them.

13 50.00%
  • I couldn't care less.

5 19.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Do you own either of the original Japanese Pokemon games, Red and Green?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Do you own either of the original Japanese Pokemon games, Red and Green?

As we all know, the first Pokemon games were Red and Green, which were only released in Japan. But how many of you actually own one of them?

I now own the Japanese version of Pokemon Red (given to me by a friend today, actually :D).

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you own either of the original Japanese Pokemon games, Red and Green?

I really want one so I can test my translation skills.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you own either of the original Japanese Pokemon games, Red and Green?

I plan on owning both, sooner or later. And Pocket Monsters Blue (even though it's the same as English Red and Blue, I DON'T CARE).

The weeks I spend completing my Pokedex in Japanese? Priceless, and will be time and money well spent.

I have Green and Blue. I'm playing Green on Super Game Boy.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Some time last year I purchased Green on eBay. I'm currently playing through it... and taking advantage of glitches such as the Mew glitch that weren't known about back when I played the American first generation games. Which is how I plan on completing the Pokédex, since I don't have a copy of Red to trade with.
    I actually prefer the Green Version graphics over most of the American Red Version graphics.
    I don't know Japanese, but I can read the katakana since it's like English in most cases. I find some of the names hilarious... especially how the Lass is named "Miniskirt", lol

Blog Entries

Visit VirtualAnomaly's Youtube Channel

I would like to have Green Version, just because the game art is so awful.

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualAnomaly View Post
    Some of it is bad (Charizard and Mew come to mind), but some of it is better than the "improved" Red / Blue (for example, Koffing. In Red / Blue his pattern is on his forehead instead of his belly and it makes absolutely no sense).
    VirtualAnomaly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualAnomaly View Post
    Some of it is bad (Charizard and Mew come to mind), but some of it is better than the "improved" Red / Blue (for example, Koffing. In Red / Blue his pattern is on his forehead instead of his belly and it makes absolutely no sense).
    I like the art of Green. It's much more detailed than newer games. And I actually have nothing against Mew in Green, because it looks sort of mysterious and alien. The Mew in Blue looks cuter, but for some reason I prefer an ugly foetus to a little kitten. I agree on the Charizard, though, because the one in Green looks like a baby dragon, so the Blue one is better. I also prefer Keishii in Green.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

I do not, but I'd like to just to say I have one, y'know?

Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have green version. I admit that there are some sprites I like better in green than I do in the english red and blue. Golbat for example looks 10 times better in green. Not sure what they were thinking with Blue's Golbat.=/

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

No Longer Screwed by April Fool's Day Black Kyurem's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have Japanese Red.....I didn't make much progress since I couldn't understand any of it.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    I have Japanese Red.....I didn't make much progress since I couldn't understand any of it.....
    Have you played English Red/Blue? If so, you should be able to get through it without needing to understand Japanese. The only difficulties would be attacks and items, but an English list of moves a Pokemon learns and one for item locations will help you figure out what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Have you played English Red/Blue? If so, you should be able to get through it without needing to understand Japanese. The only difficulties would be attacks and items, but an English list of moves a Pokemon learns and one for item locations will help you figure out what's what.
    Yeah... moves are no problem... just memorize the what each move does and the names aren't even important. You can even change the order of the moves so the useful one is always on top and then you won't even have to memorize the order. Also, learn katakana... it's helpful for some of the items (as some of the names are similar to English... like "Poké Ball" ("Monster Ball") is "monsutaabaru" and "PP UP" is "pipiappu" (I may have gotten the spellings wrong but it's something along those lines)). And some hiragana for attack names... like if the attack has "den" in it then it's some sort of electric attack (unless the attack Type is Normal... then it's "Quick Attack").

No Longer Screwed by April Fool's Day Black Kyurem's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah... moves are no problem... just memorize the what each move does and the names aren't even important. You can even change the order of the moves so the useful one is always on top and then you won't even have to memorize the order. Also, learn katakana... it's helpful for some of the items (as some of the names are similar to English... like "Poké Ball" ("Monster Ball") is "monsutaabaru" and "PP UP" is "pipiappu" (I may have gotten the spellings wrong but it's something along those lines)). And some hiragana for attack names... like if the attack has "den" in it then it's some sort of electric attack (unless the attack Type is Normal... then it's "Quick Attack").
    I don't have English Red, and the moves aren't the problem; I'm just completely lost on the part of the game I'm at.

Blog Entries

I don't have English Red, and the moves aren't the problem; I'm just completely lost on the part of the game I'm at.
    PM me and I'll try to help you figure it out. (:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast