Do you find it hard to play the old games? - Page 5

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you find it hard to play the old games?

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

Default Re: Do you find it hard to play the old games?

Anything Gen I and II going back is kind of a pain to do, and this is coming from someone that got Pokemon Blue the day it came out. Really, the gameplay was slow at certain points and going through the Rocket base was something I had problems with as a kid.

Gen III, I can manage, since really other than time systems, the special attack/physical attack being redefined, Gen III and IV are basically interchangeable for me.

The main thing I always forget about is the lack of running shoes. Otherwise, nothing really bothers me about it at all. Gen one games are the only physical games I still own. My computer is perpetually on too so if I run into any trouble about moves or anything I just look it up. Real simple.
    Last edited by adelyne; 25th February 2010 at 09:01 PM.

Blog Entries

I find them absolutely fine to play. Different, but nostalgic enough to make up for their technological shortcomings. Then again, this is coming from the guy with a Space Invaders machine in his house...

Nastalgia seems to get me to pick up a game, but it wears off so fast, then I realise how slow the game is. I still can't finish Yellow again. I keep plateauing at around 6-7 badges, starting over because I don't like where the HMs were set, and repeating the cycle. Some things that really bug me, with all the other things just slowing me down.
    -No move deletor, I mean it ruins it for how little I think over HMs beforehand.
    -Can't play as the girl, I almost always play as the girl in any aplicable game.
    I am playing through Leafgreen right now. Even without Pikachu following me around, I'm still enjoying it more.

Everything below 3rd Generation seems to move so slowly that I have no interest at all.
    Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity.

Platinum FC: 2665-1784-2682

追放されたバカ

It's good when I'm feeling nostalgic. I remember when I was a little kid...I used to love those games *sigh*

♪On The Corner Of Main Street, Just Tryin' To Keep It In Line

Follow OddObsession on Tumblr

Like most people have said, the lack of running shoes is murder.
    Otherwise, I kind of prefer the older games in some cases. I'm not sure why. Gen II will always be my favourite. (I haven't played the remakes yet though) and Gen I will always be my second favourite. It'll take a lot for a newer Pokemon game to surpass them.
    Plus, you don't find the magic of Lavender Town in any other generations. The music that plays (and the Pokemon Tower in general) used to creep me out so much. It's not scary at all now, but I still love it more than any other town in the game.
    Chiptune <3

Studying Greek Mythology. KronosClownz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Slightly, when I'm playing Emerald it feel's kinda slow.

No not really. I love playing the classic Pokemon Games. Man those where some very good times I had when I was a kid. Sometimes I wish I could play Pokemon Blue and Red again. Man those games where fun back then. And sometimes I get the urge to play Pokemon Gold and Silver again.

Fourth gen's Physical/Special split makes it practically impossible for me to play the older games anymore. D; Before it was at least tolerable after getting used to it, but I can't stop thinking about what a horrible idea it was to have entire types as special or physical.

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

I've gotten used to the new features, however I don't find it particularly "hard" to play the original games.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

I actually enjoy playing the older games. Just wish I could, I only played Blue as a kid and my brother seems to have traded it in.

So I borrowed Yellow from my fiance the other day and I was having a blast. I never got to play it. What's strange is I don't find a whole lot of replay value in the games. I'd buy the new one, play it and beat it, and then it'd sit rotting in its case for another year or so. I might not even pick it up again, but instead find myself turning to the older games.

So I enjoy playing the older ones. The lack of running shoes doesn't bother me, and I don't mind the slow pace. I like how it's not that fast actually, and how simplistic it is. The lack of choices is great cause there's more competition, and it totally reworks how I think. Since it'd have been about 5-7 years since I had played it, it's not a big deal.

I just wish my Gold game worked so that I could play it. I guess, for me, the older games are the best. Even beating out Diamond/Pearl. My first pokemon game was Blue, and ever since then I've made a point of having one of the games from each generation. Just so much nostalgia. :] Like the fatty Pikachu.

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Yes I find it hard, for no real reason I started reading the Manga and it got me to want to play Red, but I'm just having a hard time readjusting to it, while still playing HG

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I played my old silver a bit while awaiting the end of my grounding from my DS...

I couldn't stay into it. SS is jsut so different.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

I'm trying to play Ruby again, but it's difficult with Platinum and SS RIGHT THERE, as well as a brand new PS3.

I hate to admit it, but graphics matter to me. I've never gone back and finished FFVII because I can't stand the way it look anymore.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast