Did Anyone Besides Me Wish That The Orange League Was Included In A Game?

Thread: Did Anyone Besides Me Wish That The Orange League Was Included In A Game?

Default Did Anyone Besides Me Wish That The Orange League Was Included In A Game?

Preferably around the time Pokemon Yellow came out! IMHO the creators of the game missed out on a perfect opportunity (along with many others) to include the Orange League in that specific game. The game was already designed to be modeled specifically after the anime series, the dub was quickly heading towards that season around it's US release, and I'm pretty sure that in Japan they were going into (or already in) the Orange League around the time of the game's original Japanese release. I personally would've loved for it to have been included in Pokemon Yellow, mainly because I'm biased towards the Orange League being my absolute most favorite season out of the entire anime (and yes, for me that means it trumps both AG & DP). It would've been cool to travel towards the Orange Archipelago after finishing the game, and doing those 4 gyms and battling Drake, the Orange Champion as a side quest. It also would've given fans of both the games and anime something to do during that filler season, like the fans of Battle Frontier were able to do during that filler season.

Aw, well. At least I can only hope for this league to be included as a side quest should the games: Lightning Yellow or the GS remakes actually become a reality. In the meanwhile I can always just pretend that the Sevii Islands in FireRed & LeafGreen are like the Orange Islands, even though it's still not the same.

I had an idea for a game (and I have lots of game ideas) awhile back that was a ranger sequal that took place in the Orange League. I like easter eggs in games, and alot of GSC easter eggs were in the plot. No doubt in my mind that Ivy would suport something like that.

That is a cool Idea. I would have love to challenge the Orange Islands.

I was never a huge fan of the orange islands but I thought it was kind of silly to have the sevii islands instead of the orange islands in FR/LG. It would interesting to see how they would do them, if memory serves didn't the orange islands have a unique gym system? Like wasn't the first badge a race? It's been around 5 years or so since I saw an orange island ep so I may be confusing it with one of the random contest things they've had in the anime. If it was then it could be great for mixing up the gameplay.
    3DS FC: 4570-7605-2787

No, your correct. I haven't seen much of the Orange League myself, but one gym was a race, another was an obsticle course. (Danny and Cissy are the only ones I I've ever seen, Lol, I know smething about that woman who was a kid who looks like Ash, and something about the guy from "Misty meets her match" but I haven't seen their episodes)

I too would like that. In fact I'd like one of the games to be based more so on Ash's journey. You go with each region and battle each elite 4, but you have to start completely fresh in each are. It would be long, but with the orange islands, sevvi islands, battle frontier and all the regions, with the ability to get every pokemon ash has, and anyother pokemon you want it'll remain exciting. Then in the end you'd take 6 pokemon, a mixture of all the regions, and battle the 4 champions to become the ultimate reigning champ.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura View Post
    I too would like that. In fact I'd like one of the games to be based more so on Ash's journey. You go with each region and battle each elite 4, but you have to start completely fresh in each are. It would be long, but with the orange islands, sevvi islands, battle frontier and all the regions, with the ability to get every pokemon ash has, and anyother pokemon you want it'll remain exciting. Then in the end you'd take 6 pokemon, a mixture of all the regions, and battle the 4 champions to become the ultimate reigning champ.
    Yellow is the only game to have been based off the anime so far and I hope to god it stays that way.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Blog Entries

I lol'd at Nomura's idea. Mostly because it would be basically all the separate cartridges in one, except you would always have Ash's sprite over the new character, and will always have a Pikachu as your starting Pokemon. Not to mention that Pikcahu seems to have a reset button making it weaker every time Ash starts a new journey.

And as if we aren't able to get all the Pokemon Ash has and so much more >_>

So basically what Nomura wants is a game which encompasses all the regions which is what most people want minus the Ash-factor, and probably a "create your own sprite" type thing.

I also had a good laugh at someone elses idea of a game based on the anime minus the filler episodes, which basically leaves the gym leader battles that the main series provides.

I guess they could do an orange island spin off since it's so small, but who would buy it? If its included in the GS remakes then it would overshadow D/P (as if it would matter after sales of it has gone down)
    Last edited by The Outrage; 9th March 2008 at 04:50 PM.