Delay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delay?

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

Question Delay?

It seems that in the past, whenever a Pokemon game was released in Japan, you could count on it being released in NA within 6 months. We're now 2 months into the Japanese release of DP without as much as a pre-order date here in North America. Do you think it's because it's just a DS game and is tking longer to translate as opposed to say a GBA or even GB game? It's been thrown around that DP will come out "this spring" in North America.

Thoughts?
    *this space for rent*

I doubt it. Pokemon games are usually released the spring after the Japan release. That still gives us four more months. We'll problably see pre-orders and news start after Christmas, after the Wii launch is over.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

There aren't any dates because there haven't been any announcements for Quarter 1 2007 by pretty much anyone.

And any statements about Q1 have all been vague Q1 or TBA dates anyway.

With the Wii being the key focus for Nintendo and Nintendo coverage till the end of the year, do not expect any major announcements for next year until the end of this one or January. I'm sure we'll have a date for D/P in the next list, which will probably be in either of the two periods I just named.

And NOA could leave announcing D/P till a month before release if they wished, that's the most time necessary for marketing and, as you say, pre-orders.

Blog Entries

Unhappy

Just a month? Really? I guess it kinda makes sense, although I remember EB was taking pre-orders for Harvest Moon DS 3 months before it came out... more of the waiting game for me then I suppose. I swear they released MD and Ranger as pacifiers so Pokemon fans wouldn't riot :3
    *this space for rent*

Just because it only takes a month, doesn't mean that it's always left to a month. I'm just saying that it could go right up to that point if they wanted.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I swear they released MD and Ranger as pacifiers so Pokemon fans wouldn't riot :3
    Well, MD certainly worked on me in that respect.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Blog Entries

Heh, me too.
    *this space for rent*

I read that in Japan Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are in high demand. Might be cause of that. Either that or their being stingy. Or the translation thing I guess.
    MAN WHY ARE THEY TAKING SO LONG?!?!?!?!?
    Hey, does anyone want to trade and Battle and stuff with me when Diamond and Pearl come out in America? It's really taking a loooong time.....

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's not even been two months since they were released. There is currently nothing to suggest that the English releases will be outside of the normal time frame.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The whole point Mystery Dungeon and Ranger were even created was to be "filler" until D/P came out.

I'm amazed that people couldn't figure this out by themselves. There's a reason they both conveniently came out when they did, it was simply to buy Nintendo a little extra time with working on the real RPG's for the main series.

Blog Entries

Being called "The Path to Diamond and Pearl" would suggest that...

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    I'm amazed that people couldn't figure this out by themselves. There's a reason they both conveniently came out when they did, it was simply to buy Nintendo a little extra time with working on the real RPG's for the main series.
    Quote Originally Posted by FabuVinny View Post
    Being called "The Path to Diamond and Pearl" would suggest that...
    True, but not everyone in the Pokemon fandom is up to par with all the current events. For the most part I considered Ranger and MD under the radar with Diamond and Pearl always taking precedent. I knew that they were liaisons to the D/P games because I would overhear you guys discussing it, but I don't know how many other people did at the time.

Since Mysterious Dungeon and Ranger have come out within less than a month apart from one another, you can see these games were simply being rushed out to the mainstream before Diamond and Pearl. I certainly think thats the motive behind PUSA, get these other games out of the way so they can get D/P to the states faster. It's really only a matter of time, and I don't think there will be any cause for delay. I can safely count on a launch window from anywhere between January and March, but I'm leaning more towards a March launch (which would historically follow Ruby/Sapphire's launch in late March of 2003).

-In Simple Harmony-

Blog Entries

Rushed? There was a ten month gap between the Japanese and American release of Mystery Dungeon.

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

Well, in the US, Mysterious dungeon and Ranger released barely one month apart from one another while in Japan, there was a 5 month gap. That's my reasoning behind the rush. Sure it took them a while to get it out here, but why put two potential A list titles next to each other when you could have milked them for much longer and separate them over the course of the year? There has to be more too it and I think it has to do with a plethora of things going on with Nintendo. (have to deal with the Wii first) Plus the rushing of the Battle Frontier episodes seems to hint at the fact Nintendo may be planning a launch sometime soon. We had that exclusive Mysterious Dungeon episode before the release of MD and the Ranger episode also seemed synced a bit well for it's game debut, why not D/P?
    Last edited by Rayne; 15th November 2006 at 04:21 PM.

-In Simple Harmony-

Blog Entries

I don't deny that the releases were strategically placed but with a gap that large, the idea that they were rushed just doesn't work. If anything, it is far more likely that PUSA were waiting on a finished product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast