Data Erased in Emerald

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Data Erased in Emerald

Have pokemon, will travel SilveryBeing's Avatar

Default Data Erased in Emerald

Okay, I bought a copy of Emerald on Amazon not that long ago. It finally arrived and it started out well. However, I am unable to save the game. Every time I start back up it says that the data was erased due to corruption or damage and I have to start all over.

Is this a common glitch in Emerald or is there some trick I can do to get it all back to normal? Or should I contact the seller and see about a replacement?
    Been out of the world a spell--like to walk it awhile- Book

Pokewalkers by CanYouCeeMe

Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I suggest you return it. My emerald is fine and I've had it for years.

There's obviously a problem with the one you got. It's either broken or fake. Either way it's not normal for the game to delete itself like that.

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

I know. We talk about this a lot(me and my friends) if ur cartridge's border is black then most probably its fake and old edition after the theme song and graphics(those mane;trics groudon kyogre etc and the song) before the main menu(Newgame,continue ,options,Mystery events) it says "the save file is okay or corrupted"
    then ur game is fake and very old and if the sticker on the cartridge does not shine its not very new and maybe fake even if its borders are not shining i keep in mind these factors before buying a pokemon cartridge i have many real versios i like sapphire the best
    Dracophoenix the legendary phoenix of the past which has the power to create and destroy universe and time is my symbol
    Fear the Power of Dracophoenix

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

It's possibly the battery might be dead. The internal save battery. Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicwind View Post
    Okay, I bought a copy of Emerald on Amazon not that long ago. It finally arrived and it started out well. However, I am unable to save the game. Every time I start back up it says that the data was erased due to corruption or damage and I have to start all over.

Is this a common glitch in Emerald or is there some trick I can do to get it all back to normal? Or should I contact the seller and see about a replacement?
    thats why I never buy used pokemon games!
    because yes the internal batttery dried out and now you are unable to save or have any time based event happen in the game so....
    you should probably buy a new one
    [/URL]

The first pokemon game I ever got was a fake, (I've been suckered three times.) so I've done my research. You're Emerald cartridge should be a clearish-green, the label should be shiny, and colored green and white. the seal on the cartridge should say:Official Nintendo seal. If the cartridge is grey or black, the label not the right color, and/or not shiny, and if the seal doesn't say:Official Nintendo seal, then it's a fake. Also, look for misspellings, such as the seal saying:Official Nintendo seal of quality, or Nintendo being incorectly spelled, example:Nintondo, Nintando, Nitendo, and so on. chances are, you WILL have to take the game back to where you got it, or try and get a refund. Just keep in mind what everyone, [in this thread,] said, and do some research on fake games.

I WILL fulfill my dreams, even if I have to scrape the sky...

the ultimate fire primate flaming infernape's Avatar
    Spear Pillar, taking over the Torn world and making Sinnoh colder by the minute

Only problem I've had with my Emerald is that clock based events no longer occur, then again maybe I shouldn't of thrown it against the wall out of anger. (stinkin' frontier brains)

Other than that, I've had a similar problem long ago with a crystal version I had. For some reason, every time I turned it on, it would sort of start over, and I had that game for a while. I just got a replacement crystal.

also you now, you could have just gotten a glitched/bad game...
    factory errors occur every now and then!
    [/URL]

Thanks guys. I have deduced, from what all of you have said, that my game is not a fake. No misspellings, no black, the seal is correct etc etc. So it might be the game battery. Does anyone know the life of those batteries?

But the good news is that the seller got back to me. They will send me a new cartage and once I get that one I can to send the old one back (what the hell would I do with an unworking game?). So I guess thats a fair resolution, so long as the new one works.

Thanks guys. I have deduced, from what all of you have said, that my game is not a fake. No misspellings, no black, the seal is correct etc etc. So it might be the game battery. Does anyone know the life of those batteries?

But the good news is that the seller got back to me. They will send me a new cartage and once I get that one I can to send the old one back (what the hell would I do with an unworking game?). So I guess thats a fair resolution, so long as the new one works.
    HOOHA!
    a responsible game merchant!
    [/URL]

Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good that your getting a new one.

Batteries usually last 5 to 6 years approx but that really shouldn't effect Emerald or any GBA Pokemon game for that matter.

Nintendo actually stated this on their site ages ago that the battery isn't a save battery. Really early GBA games had it but when ruby and Sapphire came out they ditched the save battery all together. The battery in Emerald, ruby and sapphire only controls time and I've met people who've had a Pokemon GBA game battery die. It tells them that the battery has dried up but the game can still be played. The save stays it's just no time events happen.

The games use a type of chip now that saves. Though if that breaks then yes the game won't save. How long the chips last I have no idea. Nintendo bragged about how they can last longer than the battery save so who knows.

Here's the old information.
    I am simply amazed that I kept this information all this time.lol

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/gameboy/trouble_specificgame.jsp

Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire

"Internal battery has run dry" error message

This occurs when there is a problem with the internal battery of the Pokémon game pak that regulates the clock feature of the game. For the most part, other than a few minor events, this will not affect game play, nor will there be any loss of saved data. The save info is preserved in the game's memory chip, not the battery. To repair the issue, the game must be replaced, which will result in a loss of all of save data. If you are still concerned about this issue, and are interested in replacing the game, please call our Consumer Service Department at 1-800-255-3700.
    What i have highlighted is what I was talking about.

Pokemon Crystal was the final Pokemon game to use a save battery.

When the GBA Pokemon games came out it was chip.

I have once pulled apart my leaf green Pokemon game in curiousity. I don't recommend doing it if you don't know what your doing. Leaf green and fire red don't have a clock in the games. There were no batteries in them.;)

So yeah R,S,E batteries just control time, not save.

The problem with that first Emerald cartridge was not the battery but probably the memory chip itself.

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

Thanks for the info Pika. I had no idea that they stopped using the batteries.

i too have checked my cartridge its sapphire fully blue shining label colored blue but the seal says- Official Nintendo Seal of Quality
    so is my cartridge fake or original
    when i advised cosmicwind i didnt know that originility depends on the seal
    Dracophoenix the legendary phoenix of the past which has the power to create and destroy universe and time is my symbol
    Fear the Power of Dracophoenix

My Diamond was bought second-hand from Game, no problems apart from transferring from older games

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

it is orginal. R/S say seal of quality, FR/LG/E say Seal.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast