The D/P Legendaries
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The D/P Legendaries

Default The D/P Legendaries

I'm talking about the boxcover ones. Diaruga and the other one whose name I seem to be unable to ever remember, even though I know I know it (damn Tip-of-the-tongue syndrome).

Do we have any info about them other than they control time and space?

If not, does anyone have any theories about them?

For some reason I'm thinking Steel/Psychic and Steel/Fighting. Just looking at them and their abilities. Of course, controlling space would probably mean they were both Psychic, though I think the Pearl one looks more physical (and for some reason it reminds me of Groudon). Diaruga looks like the Legendary dogs of GSC to me, so I'm thinking, whatever type it is, it's going to have incredible speed. God, I hope it's not another catch-chase. ¬¬
    As for the Psychic and Fighting types...well, they seem important enough to be starters...perhaps these versions are going to place more importance on them. I hope they do on fighting, it's not really used too much. It'd be nice to see fighting get a bigger role.

They also look man-made to me. Perhaps this Team Galaxy are better than we thought...o_o Hmm.

Yes, I'm rambling now. Shut me up.

I'd guess that they are Steel/Flying(Parukia) and Steel/Psychic(Diaruga).

Edit: I thought about the types some more and I decided that Diaruga will probably be Steel/Dragon, not Steel/Psychic.

Hm, that's an interesting idea. Man-made legendaries. :O
    Last edited by Rukaria; 25th July 2006 at 07:26 PM.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I think Dragon just like how when Meteoric Swarm first came out people thought it would be a legendary attack. I'd say Ice for one and Steel for the other. Diaruga probably with levitate unless it gets like Pressure.

Ohhhh..... I don't feel so excited. Everybody is talking about Parukia and Diaruga but nobody remembers about awesome Rukario who is steel/fighting and is legendary too! =D

Ehem... ok, enough, I must calm down now.....

Both look good. I think, both have this same type: psychic/steel. I hope, their story in the game will be more interesting than story of Groudon and Kyorge.
    My signature is boring

Blog Entries

That's because Lucario is still being debated due to the fact that it has been featured prominently in the screenshots, has unfavorable stats for a legendary, and has two possible abilities. Some people are even picking on the fact Lucario has been shown as male, when I play the Lati card on that. It is also the title character of a pokemon movie, which movie 3 has spun a lot of debate as well. They also pick on the fact that Lucario has been shown at relatively low levels for a legendary, when Gamefreak could make it any level they want just for demonstration purposes. The odds would seem to be in favor of it not being legendary simply because the first three things are irrefutable unless Gamefreak defied what makes a legendary.

On another note, though, Manaphy is almost certainly a legendary since it is unobtainable, and only a legend can do that.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Here's another thing to contribute to the possibility of Lucario being releated to a fighting starter, Serebii has said it is Fighting/Steel, not Steel/Fighting.

(Although, I never thought the order affected anything)

Hmm... I see..... *is thinking* well, so probably Rukario isn't a legendary pokemon. I've seen his HP and probably its pretty low. Well, even if he isn't legendary I will still love him a lot^^
    He would be good as a starter pokemon. Someone said, if Rukario is a fighting starter then 85% gamers will pick a fighting type pokemon.
    My signature is boring

I don't see Lucario being related to the starters. It is probably merely a standard Pokemon if it's not a legendary.

Blog Entries

Visit Iggyness's Youtube Channel

Lucario is quite likely, actually, to be a standard Pokemon like Absol, I wouldn't mind him being related to a starter if he was though. I still have a feeling that he is a legend with unfinalized stats.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I think Lucario is very percular. I believe it was confirmed as rare, but still means 4 options in possibilities:

Starter Evolution Change- I think this is possible, but the weirdest thing to be in the game. Reason being is judging from the art design it would be a middle evolution. Middle pokemon are rarely empasized monsters from the start.

Absol-like rarity- It is true Absol was a key character in the Jirachi movie, but it wasn't featured in name. I think if its not legendary it will most likely be this.

demi-legendary- We all know that something happens in the Lucario movie that makes Lucario not appear as strong as a legendary should, however I think this is a possibility. If it were part of a trio of legendary warriors, or a new type of legendary it would be great, but Lucario is still strange to not be a legendary.

hidden legendary- It could be possible that the stats are place holders, and lucario is in the demo because he is a popular 4th gen character. It definately doesn't look to fit with a super legendary because controlling time and space is scary powerful.. Also I wonder if Lucario's status as a legendary or not wasn't decided at the time of the movie.

demi-legendary- We all know that something happens in the Lucario movie that makes Lucario not appear as strong as a legendary should, however I think this is a possibility. If it were part of a trio of legendary warriors, or a new type of legendary it would be great, but Lucario is still strange to not be a legendary.

hidden legendary- It could be possible that the stats are place holders, and lucario is in the demo because he is a popular 4th gen character. It definately doesn't look to fit with a super legendary because controlling time and space is scary powerful.. Also I wonder if Lucario's status as a legendary or not wasn't decided at the time of the movie.
    I rather suspect its one of these two. As I said before, I highly doubt it is a Starter.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

also, to go against it being a starter is the characteristics it has.

I'm thinking the starters will be a mix of water fire and grass one way or another, where the info we have is similar to what happened with perap.

I have an idea. What if Lucario is a special Pokemon who is not legendary but there is only one in the game, and you obtain it through an event. Something like Beldum. It was rare because you only got one of them, but it wasn't legendary.

Blog Entries

We could argue about Lucario all day and night and never arrive to an answer. As for Manaphy, it falls under the fire of the type ruse of the other 9th movie pokes. We were told that all of them are pure types, but Perap was really Normal/Flying and Tamanta is really Water/Flying like its evo. Buoysel has been shown to still be pure Water, though. Manaphy's type has not been touched since then, and we may not see it again until the release. It may also be the victim of a type change. Lucario itself has been flipflopped to Fighting/Steel. We don't know what the types for Diaruga and Parukia are. We did not know the types for Groudon and Kyogre until the release of Ru/Sa, either. D/P's development, however, has been shown to be radically different from then, though. Whatever they are, they seem extraordinarily powerful, even for a legendary. Time and Space? Combined, they hold the power to control reality itself! Diaruga has even been described as being more powerful than Celebi, as it can control time, but Celebi can only traverse it. This kinda ruins my theory that Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi form some sort of extremely powerful group above all other legendaries, save for Mewtwo and Deoxys, which are kinda in a class by themselves. I'm not sure if Manaphy belongs in this group. Its size and the fact it's unobtainable would almost be a giveaway, and its power over souls and all the Water pokemon is simply mind-boggling. I wouldn't think anything like Manaphy could control Kyogre, but it can. Lucario's power, the ability to see and use the energy around him, is also mind-boggling. Now we know that its Wave-Guiding Bomb is Fighting type, though. Not that this couldn't be a legendary power itself. It certainly almost sounds like one. I still think Lucario is based on the concept of chi and all that sort of stuff, no matter what it is. It seems as if Ken Sugimori and his pokemon design team are calling on the very forces that make up this world. This could be big. Very big. There is also the question involing the third figure that you get if you pre-order D/P past the 11th. Is it another part to Diaruga and Parukia? Or is it something else? Is it just a random pokemon? We will find out when Coro Coro comes by again.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Yeah, Dairuga and Perukia are scary powerful. I know I said that earilier, but I just think that they are worse than the regis. The strongest monsters yet, seriously, with thoses descriptions capturing them would make you god-like (if you were to take it as a real thing). They are probably something that should never be used!

I still wonder what Manaphy's moves are that are going to make him look more legendary. Water is odd by itself, and I have a feeling we won't know till september when someone does the ranger trade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast