14 41.18%
  • I don't care

7 20.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Cries of Gen I pokemon

Blog Entries

Default Cries of Gen I pokemon

This may be too trivial for some, but as you may know, the Generation I pokemon have retained their old, simplistic cries. Despite there being 151 Pokémon in Generation I, there are only 37 completely different cries. Some pokemon, like Charizard and Rhydon, share the same ones despite not being related by evolution, while others are the same but with different pitch.

Compared to pokemon from more recent generations with cleaner and more refined cries, they sound rather out of place. So, do you think that the Gen I pokemon should get new, updated digitized cries or retain their original ones?
    Last edited by ZMT123; 24th July 2012 at 11:20 AM.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Cries of Gen I pokemon

I'm not sure. I like their cries and love still hearing them, though it would be interesting to hear their new ones

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

No, they should keep the cries they've been given. Chances all Pokemon cries will change at some point, maybe replace them all with the pokemon saying its name.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

I'd like to see (hear?) them replaced with updates cries at some point. They really do just sound blatantly out-of-place.

I like them the way they are. Even if it is out-of-place and awkward sounding, it maintains consistency and adds a sort of charming feeling to it. It's like if you look at the Unova Pokédex and listen to the cries in order, you can see just how things have gradually changed and improved overtime.

Or, for all you aspiring fan fiction writers out there, inspiration to write a conspiracy-based fan fiction based on the logic that all the Kanto and Johto Pokémon make the sound of garbled audio, thereby hinting that perhaps all animals have gone extinct in those regions and the government replaced them with super-powerful robots before any of the citizens could know about it. That's why the Pokémon tower is so big; because it's a burial ground for not just the Pokémon that trainers lost, it's the grave sight for all the animals that existed prior to Pokémon, every single one of them, that used to populate the entire Kanto and Johto region. THE MAN is just hiding the obvious truth from us.

Can't change something that's been around for over 14 years. They gotta stay the same

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

Animals don't change their sounds, so Pokemon shouldn't either.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

I think they sound bad and should be updated. I mean, keep the same "sound" but... stylize it. I don't what word I'm looking for, but I think you get my point. Let it be the same cry but with better sound quality, with new sounds or instruments or something like that.

They should be more realistic

Master of all balls. Pocket Ace's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FABuLUSH! View Post
    No, they should keep the cries they've been given. Chances all Pokemon cries will change at some point, maybe replace them all with the pokemon saying its name.
    No, please. We don't need anime cries in our beloved games. Name-cries should stay anime-only and we should get realistic noises as their game cries.

On the topic of changing their cries, it's hard. I mean on one hand, it'd feel weird to change them after 15+ years and it'd lose that kind of nostalgic feel. But the cries are pretty bad, a lot of them sound like weird robot noises. And some Pokemon have the same or similar cries to one another, which is pretty bothersome.
    Maybe they should have slightly altered cries like the ones in Pokemon Stadium?

Credits to @Power of Aura :D

Visit RaichuArcanine77's Youtube Channel

In my opinion, I think the cries should stay the same. It keeps the nostalgia.
    ~RA~

Banner made by Rayquaza 64 ^^^

Man, those cries are Awful. I seriously hope that they'll all get an upgrade in generation VI.
    Animals don't change their cries, but then again, they don't change from 8bit deformed sprites to full 3D models either, so..
    White 2 FC: 3311 2771 3038 / 3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020

Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

XY Global Link Medals: 147
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5

...Manjoume-san-da!..... Jolty Febe's Avatar

...i think they shouldn't go....their probably is a difference between charizard and rhydon, at first glance persian and horsea have the same cry but they really don't.....and the ones that are different are one i thoroughly enjoy(eeveelution family)....
    .....I claimed Sandslash....7/27/12.....

Trophies

The thing about a pokemons cry is it makes it unique from the rest of the pokemon. I dont think we should waste time chnging their cries now because we are used the pokemons cry now but its too bad they didnt give pokemon unique cries in the first place.

I think poliwag and ditto have the same cry...

Blog Entries

Keep them. It's not like you can't turn the volume down if you don't like them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast