Couple of Actual Gameplay PBR Videos.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of Actual Gameplay PBR Videos.

Pretty cool. I can imagine single player getting infuriating after a while, especially with the announcer repeating the same things over and over again.

Looks like it'll be awesome amounts of fun online though, and the battling is a massive step up - even if it's so easily improved.

The announcer probably indicates that there's no chance of this title ever reaching European shores before 2008 though.

I like the new models for Pokemon, and Yukimenoko looks cool.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Me. This. Game. In. Bed.
    Seismic. Toss. Made. Me. Orgasm.
    This games is amazing.

WTF was Erureido's 20 PP psychic move? Was that Psycho Cutter? Because OMFZ.
    Last edited by Æsahættr; 14th December 2006 at 08:37 PM.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Yeah, that's what it was. Its pretty cool though, IGN's suppose to have movies too, but I don't know how good they'd be..

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I think it was Psycho Cutter. Which makes me glad that I planned it far in advance for my future Crecelia.

And the way Seismic Toss looks is a lot better than previous incarnations...

Blog Entries

The game really looks spectacular. The music is pretty cool too, it has me eager to hear the Diamond/Pearl battle theme remixes. Assuming they are in the game.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance

Okay, well, I am happy that it is more stadium like with what battles and stuff. However, the attacks still are rather colosseumly. As in, not powerful looking, they look like flashy lights and things. You know? Stadium 2, perhaps because of the blockiness made it feel as if it wasn't just pasted on. Here it does? Am I the only one who notices stuff like that? Ah well.

Good game anyway.

Also, awesome things. Announcer, giant Bippa plush in the first vid, smoother models.

Lets just hope some are upgraded. Psyduck and venonat in 3d were still disproposianate in Colo.

Still they didn't add back the animation of exiting the ball with a cry. They just appear and the sound plays.
    Last edited by Another Fan; 15th December 2006 at 08:42 AM.

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

I'm going to be watching these for the rest of the freakin' night!

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

I totally love the music of the second video's battle.
    Bulbagarden Forums: SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS!

Blog Entries

I can now understand why the pre-release information was so limited - the game itself has little else to offer than what you can see in these videos. It has been out for more than three days, yet the only piece of new content revealed is that a lv. 10 Pikachu knowing Surf and Volt Tackle is the prize for clearing all 10 Colosseums.

I do believe that this is the first time in history that the first footage of a Pokémon game (the demonstration shown in June) is so misleading in regard to the actual product. The final product usually shapes out to be more impressive as should be the case.

It could be that an earlier design of the game was not focused on Diamond and Pearl at all, but rather the GBA games. The consequences of the change of heart can be observed by comparing the first video to any of these.

It could be that an earlier design of the game was not focused on Diamond and Pearl at all, but rather the GBA games. The consequences of the change of heart can be observed by comparing the first video to any of these.
    I think you mean you just wished it to be focused on the GBA games. I'm sure you can earn outfits to make yourself look like earlier protagonists, if that's what you mean.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

One thing that interests me is that their are Leaders of Each Colloseum, reportedly dressed as Pokemon (the ones I've heard so far were pre-release ones).

Their is the Lucario Guy, the Pachirisu Girl, and apparently an Elekible and Roserade people.

He's not a prerelease, but Toridepsu seems likely due to him having an arena based off of him.

And please, please be a Korobooshi or Masukippa person!

I do believe that this is the first time in history that the first footage of a Pokémon game (the demonstration shown in June) is so misleading
    Errr....it showed Pokemon battling each other, and making contact.

Which, is like what you do in the game.

Also, apaprently you can make you own dialouge from scratch...

Quote Originally Posted by "Yamato-san on SPPF
    are you able to create your own dialogue for the trainers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxJn1OgaybA

In this video, I swear the girl's saying

"Reipu sarete mo. Nakanai!" (You can rape me. I won't cry!)

at the beginning of the battle, something I'm pretty sure Nintendo/related parties wouldn't insert into a game like this. Thus, I'm lead to assume you can create your own dialogue from scratch, as opposed to selecting pre-made dialogue, dialogue matched to the character models, and/or that word-combining feature from Ruby/Sapphire.
    Which another person confirmed you could for

Quote Originally Posted by "Rauses on SPPF
    1. Entering battle
    2. Sending out 1st pokemon
    3. Retreating pokemon
    4. Sending out pokemon
    5. Win
    6. Loss
    Hell yeah, gonna have some fun with that!
    Last edited by Habunake; 17th December 2006 at 10:22 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta
    I'm sure you can earn outfits to make yourself look like earlier protagonists, if that's what you mean.
    There hasn't been any report of that, and that is the very minimum of what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster Tyler View Post
    Errr....it showed Pokemon battling each other, and making contact.

Which, is like what you do in the game.
    The first video was more aesthetically gratifying. I would normally overlook the graphics department as I have in the past, but the game focuses on battles and their presentation, even more so than the Stadium series. As much as the game has taken a leap from its predecessors, it is simply not good enough when factoring in the inevitable fact - that it is entirely comprised of the battle environment. Suddenly the faults of the N64 and GameCube games become ever so relevant.

I dare say that Genius Sonority would not have left the game only halfway through its potential, had they decided to stick to the third generation for the Wii's launch. Stadium, Stadium GS and Colosseum were all released more than a year after the main games of their generation - I fail to see how Diamond and Pearl demanded an earlier release of a compatible 3D game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    The first video was more aesthetically gratifying. I would normally overlook the graphics department as I have in the past, but the game focuses on battles and their presentation, even more so than the Stadium series. As much as the game has taken a leap from its predecessors, it is simply not good enough when factoring in the inevitable fact - that it is entirely comprised of the battle environment. Suddenly the faults of the N64 and GameCube games become ever so relevant.
    Couldn´t agree more.

The first "promo" video seemed to be pre-rendered after all. Even if not, the graphic was very different from the actual game.

I was hoping for a decent looking Pokemon console game, but instead, they re-use the old models AGAIN and just add more lightsources and shadows on the models...yeah, great.

The attacks themself look nice and the touching attacks look good enough ( the first video was still better).

Gameplay wise..well, it is a stadium-like game. I don´t know if it can offer enough for me to be interested. the "do-it-yourself-trainer" and "make your own entry"-options are neat though.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast