A completely ridiculus, yet awesome idea...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A completely ridiculus, yet awesome idea...

That creepy feeling... Typhlosion In Repose's Avatar

Default A completely ridiculus, yet awesome idea...

Ok, roll with it. I know that Nintendo would never do it.

There should be a major reform in the breeding departmernt. You should be able to obtain different colored pokemon through breeding. Sure this might render shiny pokemon useless, but think about it. You would be able to obtain every pokemon in nearly every color (save unbreedables and legendaries.)

For example, the ever popular HSOWA thingy. You'd either get a blue skitty or a pink wailmer. You could breed the blue skitty with a pikachu to get a blue pichu. And so on.

Sigh, pipe dreams. Anyone else have any completely ridiculus ideas that would nonetheless be awesome, although would never happen?
    And as I sit and talk to you,
    I see your face grow white.
    The shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light.
    The specter on my back will soon be free.
    The dead have come to claim a debt from thee.

What about a reversed Pokemon game, so instead of playing the hero, you're a member of the region's evil team?

What about a Pokemon fighting game like Smash Brothers? An actual action Pokemon fighting game, in which you take control of the Pokemon and battle other Pokemon in more Anime-ish battles.

Banner by anime_aficionada.

I'd like to see cross-breed pokemon as well. They wouldn't have their own entry in the pokedex because of them being mix-breeds, and they would have move sets that their parents couldn't have. I have no clue why Nintendo didn't implement this into the game; it would have been more realistic than the baby just being the mother's species. :(

I'm wishing for a Pokemon MMORPG, but with the way that they keep adding in new Pokes every other year, I doubt that it's a possibility.

I always wanted where instead of a pokemon trainer, It's Human trainers! Like a pikachu sends out ash, while a Slaking sends out Norman.

championshipping no miko!

Oh, I definitely vote for the 'be a member of the evil team' game! That would be *fun*! Mix-breed pokemon and alternative colors would rock too...
    Hi! I'm shadow/phantomness! I founded Championshipping (Lance x Red).

http://www.geocities.com/shadowphantomness/index.html
    <--- My Page!

I am desperately trying to avoid reading yaoi and yuri, without much success...

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

The breeding thing would sell very well.
    *this space for rent*

Back in '03 I wanted a mix of Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto. You could travel through all these regions and obtain 24 badges.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Antique Ditto View Post
    I'd like to see cross-breed pokemon as well. They wouldn't have their own entry in the pokedex because of them being mix-breeds, and they would have move sets that their parents couldn't have. I have no clue why Nintendo didn't implement this into the game; it would have been more realistic than the baby just being the mother's species. :(
    Nintendo didn't because Nintendo doesn't make the games 8D;

but anyway, they already have to make sprites for every Pokemon..with animations..shiny versions..and gender differences..and it's pretty obvious that they already have to cut corners with the sprites and animations.

Do you really think they'd have time to make different sprites for every possible cross-breed? If they took the time to do that, the whole game would just be a daycare D:

Blog Entries

They'd only need one sprite...only the palette would be different which wouldn't take up much space, if not anymore than it does now.

Pokemon &amp;lt;3

Quote Originally Posted by llxwarbirdxll View Post
    I'm wishing for a Pokemon MMORPG, but with the way that they keep adding in new Pokes every other year, I doubt that it's a possibility.
    That would be interesting but I too doubt it'll ever happen. :(

BWAHAHAHA!!! LAND!! Magma Krystal's Avatar

wheeeee, the joining evil teams game would sure be a hit seller for old time fans. THEY SHOULD DO IT!! GA! does anyone know a way that you can contact gamefreak? we could write ideas and get people here, on seribii, and other places to support it! IT WOULD BE SO FREAKIN AWESOME!!

Quote Originally Posted by SailorClef View Post
    Nintendo didn't because Nintendo doesn't make the games 8D;

but anyway, they already have to make sprites for every Pokemon..with animations..shiny versions..and gender differences..and it's pretty obvious that they already have to cut corners with the sprites and animations.

Do you really think they'd have time to make different sprites for every possible cross-breed? If they took the time to do that, the whole game would just be a daycare D:
    They have all the time they want. ;) And I did mention that they would not be included in the Pokedex, which would save a lot of space game-wise. But really, it's surprising how much you can put in a little cartridge or disc these days.

And of course added breeding features wouldn't make the game just a day-care. :)

Random Fandom dude

Quote Originally Posted by SailorClef View Post
    I'm more worried about the headaches it would give the fiction producers. ^^; The whole cross-breeding thing was no problem for anime based on the Monster Rancher series, but that's because there were strict limits to what monsters could be fused with what other monsters, and most different breeds were part of a group that shared the same body structure. Pokemon just has too many creatures for a similar cross-breeding scheme to work.

I think Jade Cocoon, in theory, had the most freedom of monster customizing in that regards- you had all sorts of fusions possible and one creature could easily display traits from three or more different 'ancestor' creatures, to some extent or another. Sadly, the monsters in the first game (I haven't played Jade Cocoon 2) weren't much fun to work with, and the results seemed to get uglier the more I combined them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast