Coast glitch on Seaforms Island too? (R/B)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coast glitch on Seaforms Island too? (R/B)

Blog Entries

Default Coast glitch on Seaforms Island too? (R/B)

I'm starting to wonder if that infamous old man/Missingno/coast glitch can also be activated on the coast of Seaform Islands in Red/Blue as well...

I'm sure we all know that one of the reasons that causes Missingno to only appear in Cinnabar's coast is because no wild Pokemon were programmed to appear in the coast. Of course, people also use this to their advantage to make other Pokemon appear, not just Missingno.

Well I was on my way to Seaform Islands from the east side, and got to the very edge of the coast when I encountered something.

And it was a Meowth. I don't know why a Meowth of all things were generated, especially since I had not encountered one prior, but I nonetheless encountered it.

So now I'm starting to wonder if Seaform Islands has a similar coast problem that Cinnabar has, being that nothing was programmed there. And besides making me worried if my game got Missingno Damaged, it also piqued my curiosity. I don't think there has ever been mention before of Seaform with a similar unprogrammed coast, at least none that I can see on Bulbapedia...

Or maybe it was a completely random glitch fluke, but it still makes me worry and I still hope that my cartridge didn't get damaged.

Uh... discuss? I dunno, I just wanted to point this out and voice my concern.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Coast glitch on Seaforms Island too? (R/B)

Any damage on the contacts or cartridge? It can cause glitches. Also, did you try it again and repeat it, as some glitches are just random and not repeatable.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

No I did not try to make it reappear, instead I promptly turned the gameboy off.

The cartridge and gameboy are fine. Yet I don't really think I can check for any glitch-induced damages in-game. Some occurance of damage is random, and I sure as heck am not even at the Elite 4 to check to see if the Hall of Fame is messed up.

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Was the Meowth named "Ben"?

Blog Entries

Mask ROMs cannot get glitch damaged. Save files can, but that's it. The cart damage rumor is a myth.

Bit Rot also doesn't affect mask ROMs, only EPROMs.
    Last edited by Gligar13; 6th June 2011 at 10:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Eh, you'd be surprised the things that a real Missingno. can do... I have done my research, based on experiments done before by others. Known things that Missingno. can do can include messing up the save data. Besides the Hall of Fame, there can be files that delete themselves or are corrupted.

The Meowth had no specific name, it was just Meowth. I get the jist that I am not being taken seriously here.

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was a reference to a story of a haunted Majora's Mask cartridge. Scary stuff. Just looking out for your well being :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rai Marshall View Post
    Eh, you'd be surprised the things that a real Missingno. can do... I have done my research, based on experiments done before by others. Known things that Missingno. can do can include messing up the save data. Besides the Hall of Fame, there can be files that delete themselves or are corrupted.

The Meowth had no specific name, it was just Meowth. I get the jist that I am not being taken seriously here.
    It can't mess up a ROM in a cartridge, as the maskroms cannot be erased or burned.

Glitch damage is another myth. As for this game cart, disassembly revealed some contacts were damaged:

Blog Entries

Sorry but I'd rather listen to my research.

Anyway, I don't think that's entirely the point of this thread... Now that I think of it, maybe there never was a point to this dumb thread. *Sigh*

Blog Entries

Seafoam Islands. Not Seaform.

Anyways, I think I remember experiencing something similar on my Blue cartridge, when I was messing around with the Missingno glitch.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Alright, I apologize for the typo, I was being constantly quick.

And for the record, if people still don't believe me on Glitch Damage, I can only redirect to the closest source that I can find. This guide that specializes in Missingno and the study on it: GameFAQs: Pokemon Blue Version (GB) Missingno Guide by Okk

Blog Entries

Glitch damage is only for save files. Not the games themselves.

I've never heard of a real game damaged by glitching.

Blog Entries

...By "cartridge damage" I was referring to in-game data, not a cartridge being chipped or anything if that's what you thinking. <_<

There's a good chance that even starting a new game will not fix problems brought by a glitch Pokemon, because the corrupted data it spreads around can affect more than just a save file. That guide would have pointed them out better if you had read it.

Blog Entries

It can't damage any physical chips though, and you can clear the RAM chip by draining the battery. Somehow, the author didn't attempt to try that. I know about the save file trashing.

I've never heard of any SRAM chips killed by glitching, either. Only corrupt data, and even then, from expierence on consoles/PCs, clearing the corrupt data outside the game fixes issues like that.

I thought the Seafoam coast thing was known. I've found, IIRC, Cloysters and such things at those ridiculous levels there too. Not sure if I ever saw a Missigno. there though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast