Blue/Yellow pokemon art?

Thread: Blue/Yellow pokemon art?

Default Blue/Yellow pokemon art?

I'm not sure whether it's promotional art for Japanese Blue, Yellow or the TCG but there seems to be an extra set of sugimori artwork that I haven't been able to find on Bulbagarden. Some examples can be seen on certain cards in the base, jungle and fossil sets such as http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b1/GrowlitheBaseSet28.jpg and
    http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ec/NidorinaJungle40.jpg

So I'm just wondering, has anyone got all 151 pokemon from this art set or some way of scanning them in? I think the pokemon Yellow players' guide by Prima has them all but the only scans of that I've been able to find are of poor quality...

I'm mostly asking since they're mostly rather straight forward and therefore, much easier to use as a reference... So anyone wanna help with that?
    WE ARE FROM
    BLACK-SOCIETY
    LIKE TO DO
    SOMETHING CRIMINAL
    ARE YOU FEARED?

~Rocket Grunt-Pokemon Crystal (vietnamese bootleg)

Default Re: Blue/Yellow pokemon art?

I posted in another thread: Old Sugimori Art
    some pictures from Pocket Monsters Green/Red/Blue. They are from my camera, and a bit bent, because the booklet was so small and difficult to keep open.

I couldn't find any of these on Bulbapedia. The art on Bulbapedia I recognise from the TCG cards Gym Heroes/Challenge.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

I actually have a nintendo power players guide with all 151 of those Sugimori drawings. What do you need them for? With time I could probably scan them all. I also have two real nice pictures of red, one on his bike and one with his backpack slung over one shoulder.

Edit: Well it looks as if the page TE-EM linked has a link to an archive with them all, wish I would have seen that earlier. Sorry for needlessly reviving an old post.

Edit 2: Haha, I shouldn't type so early in the morning. TE-EM also rightfully stated that not all of them were from the first gen drawings. All of mine are.
    Last edited by Silph Co. Engineer; 16th July 2012 at 08:26 AM.

Follow xrick On Twitter Add xrick on Facebook

I actually have a DDL link for that Player's Guide, all nice quality scans.
    Can I post the link here? I'm not sure if it's allowed, since on Serebii Forum it isn't.

About those arts... If I'm not mistaken, they're from the japanese Red&Green Batch, whereas the batch we know better seems to be from the japanese Blue and our Red&Blue.
    That first batch of artworks was the one the first season of the anime adapted to present them.
    Last edited by xrick; 30th July 2012 at 03:07 AM.