Battle Revolution interesting news......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Revolution interesting news......

Blog Entries

Default Battle Revolution interesting news......

Filb has revealed a handful of new screens, featuring Pochama, Hikozaru, Groudon and Diaruga......but what is notable is that the Pochama pic has "Developed by Genius Sonority" in the corner.

Looks like Battle Revolution is going to be an RPG and not a Stadium game like people were speculating, at least unless Genius Sonority had a sudden change of heart.

I must say that while there were definitely things Colosseum and XD did wrong, they were both enjoyable plays, so I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Blog Entries

Coloseum and XD had one major problem ( besides the horrible graphic...but..hey, it is a pokemon game...):

They had no atmosphere.

Everything felt so dead and uninspirered. The characters had no real character. Everythink felt so "forced".

I hope battle revolution is indeed, a revolution and doesn´t take place in Orre again. The region is pretty boring. What can you do with it? There are barely any towns, no significant people, even its enviroment is pretty lame.

please, developers, take your time with the game! don´t rush it!

We knew Genius Sonority were developing this game anyway - this is the reason they were created, to make console Pokemon games.

Also, XD wasn't bad. It was just Colosseum - only done better. If it wasn't for the fact that I had already wasted about 20 hours playing the Colosseum story mode despite its sub-par construction, it'd have been great. Hopefully Genius Sonority aren't going to simply do XD again in the same way.

I think the main reason they DID what they did was becuase they knew Colosseum was on average pretty poor - though remembering that this was their first ever project is worth baring in mind. They did pretty well with Trozei though, and have shown that they can surpass Colosseum thanks to XD anyway.

Since we already know the battling is looking massively improved, all they have to do is do a good story mode to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    The characters had no real character. Everythink felt so "forced".
    Hey! Colosseum's characters were deep. Deeper than even the animé can be.

Blog Entries

I thought the two games had good characters too. At least in Cipher, the grunts actually got names and the Admins had personalities. That's a lot more than Team Rocket could ever lay claim to....

Miror B-FTW!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XD375 View Post
    Hey! Colosseum's characters were deep. Deeper than even the animé can be.
    How were they "deep"?

The only character in Coloseum I liked was Mirror B., he was a nice idea. Venus was an okay female boss, but the rest?

What´s the Coloseum maincharacter´s name again? He looked badass, but that was everything we really knew about him. The "intro" tried to explain his background, but I think it failed, it wasn´t enough.

Please, do a better storyline and better storyTELLING next time.

Even RPGs with a medicore or "bad" story can entertain when it is told well. Col and XD failed at this. ( okay, I agree with Doctor Oak, XD was better, but it felt way too recycelt.)

DP seems to have somewhat of a plot...so that's good.

Puzzle League wins in plot.

Everything felt so dead and uninspirered. The characters had no real character. Everythink felt so "forced".
    I liked the Cipher Admins. The heroes, though, were pretty paper-thin, and seemed to be mostly directly inspired by the anime (now introducing Misty2 and GeriatricAsh!).
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Hey, we did get an Edgy-angsty hero in Colloseum though!

The Dude Abides

I hope that Battle Revolution doesn't have snagging. As much as the concept was interesting, I just didn't like it all that much. I want something more engaging from a game. Though Wes was the most awesome-looking Pokemon main character EVER.

Considering even Trozei was obsessed with "stealing back" stolen Pokemon, I think it's likely Genius Sonority is obsessed with that concept to the point of being a broken record and will be in Battle Revolution too.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Were they always stolen Pokémon? I got the impression that some of those trainers had caught or recieved those Pokémon legit, and that they were either tainted when they got them, or they tainted them themselves.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

XD seemed to kiddify Colosseum, I always thought Coloseum was more interesting than XD as well...

The Mt. Battle Music <3 and regular trainer music in Colo (well it's in XD if you talk to Willie)

I dunno there was something missing in the console games. I think the console games lacked motivation and was kind of boring. They also tried taking a unique take on some aspects but carbon copied other areas. Such as carbon copying an evil team and the legendary pokemon showing up for no reason. I thought the Colloseum theme was much better than XD's kiddified theme. XD did improve on some aspects but the game still felt forced and there were still some problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast