Battle against Oak - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battle against Oak

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Battle against Oak

Since the starter he had is the one neither the player or the rival chose, its probably the same one meaning Oak got the urge to train some Pokemon again after watching the player and the rival.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    Since the starter he had is the one neither the player or the rival chose, its probably the same one meaning Oak got the urge to train some Pokemon again after watching the player and the rival.
    Or maybe just saying you really mucked up whilst choosing, because in the third pokeball was a level 70 fully evolved pokemon.... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bean View Post
    It makes sense when you consider that he used to be a trainer. He had to retire from the competitive leagues because he got too old, and loving Pokemon as he did, he entered a career that would allow him to continue being around Pokemon. Perhaps his team in-game is his team from when he was a trainer, and seeing the youth achieve on such a high level has reinvigorated his love for battling.
    though it is true he used to be a trainer at the point where you choose your starter pokemon(at least in FR/LG) he says he gave up/away all his pokemon except the three starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    This. I've never tried it myself, but I always believed that either Oak was supposed to be the one you'd meet after beating the Elite Four or that he'd be a final trainer to face after you battled AND caught Mewtwo. You'd show him Mewtwo and he'd offer to battle you.

Blog Entries

I never encountered this glitch or hack it in the games (not like I understand this anyway), but seeing videos intrigued me because the prospect of battling your master is very fun to watch. If the re-remakes give you the option, this would really be a treat.

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus articles: Improving the Ice-type (04/09/2014)

I saw the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcayQInka-c) and I must say he has an imppressive team. I'm actually disapointed we never got to fight him in the storyline.

RIP Ashachu. Make an episode of him, dammit!

Maybe when Oak walked in at the end he battled you, but then Game Freak decided that was too cruel.

maybey he was like red in silver?
    My splices

Its the little things that makes life worth living. take a ds card for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotom Robot View Post
    maybey he was like red in silver?
    that's what i think too but this whole thing is confusing to say the least...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12