Battle against Oak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle against Oak

Default Battle against Oak

Has anybody ever executed the glitch where you battle Oak in Pokemon R/B/Y?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Battle against Oak

I myself have never done it, but the glitch does intrigue me (link for those who don't know what the glitch is).

The fact he actually has a team programmed with such high levels supports my theory that Professor Oak was intended to be the final trainer you would battle (maybe even set after you battle Mewtwo) in the games. But to be honest, a professor with such high-level Pokemon is sort of random. It wouldn't really make too much sense. Maybe that's why they didn't implement a battle against Oak in the final game.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

A Fine Fellow Indeed. Strange Bean's Avatar

It makes sense when you consider that he used to be a trainer. He had to retire from the competitive leagues because he got too old, and loving Pokemon as he did, he entered a career that would allow him to continue being around Pokemon. Perhaps his team in-game is his team from when he was a trainer, and seeing the youth achieve on such a high level has reinvigorated his love for battling.

Strange Beam is right, he used to be a trainer, but picked up a love for pokemon studying. as a result, he gave up training. however, i still do think that the programmers at Game freak did it on purpose, because I'm sure they wouldn't take the time to give him a lv.62 tauros.....

Quote Originally Posted by Life Alert View Post
    I myself have never done it, but the glitch does intrigue me (link for those who don't know what the glitch is).

The fact he actually has a team programmed with such high levels supports my theory that Professor Oak was intended to be the final trainer you would battle (maybe even set after you battle Mewtwo) in the games. But to be honest, a professor with such high-level Pokemon is sort of random. It wouldn't really make too much sense. Maybe that's why they didn't implement a battle against Oak in the final game.
    I had heard that he was orignally supposed to be like the champion or somthing like that.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

I've never tried it, but it goes into much more detail here.

FUCKING NARWHALS BITCH Underscore's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've tried it, though my GB froze when I was battling him...
    ~~under construction~~

THIS SIG IS A PIECE OF HISTORY

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

I've done it, yes. And I have plans to do it again, only this time, I'm going to steal his Pokémon. I want every detail I can get on these babies.

On another note, it's highly unlikely that the team is canon—Oak mentions that the Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle at the beginning of the game are the only Pokémon he has left. Although, curiously, he seems to have collected another set of these three by the time Ethan/Kris/Lyra arrives in Pallet Town....

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

I have never done anything like this, but the simple idea is great i would have liked this feature to appear in another pokemon game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    I've done it, yes. And I have plans to do it again, only this time, I'm going to steal his Pokémon. I want every detail I can get on these babies.

On another note, it's highly unlikely that the team is canon—Oak mentions that the Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle at the beginning of the game are the only Pokémon he has left. Although, curiously, he seems to have collected another set of these three by the time Ethan/Kris/Lyra arrives in Pallet Town....
    i think one of the sources also said oak has a high lvl dragonite as well and the manga show him with a machamp.

well, if he really does only have 3 pokemon, the starters of kanto, then what did he do to that Charmeleon he had when he was good little Sammy of Celebi: Voice of the forest? Well, he couldn't of released it. Because probably when he was a trainer in his own time, maybe his dad gave it to him. I've never activated the glitch, but would Oak really have pokemon at his age?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeautumn View Post
    well, if he really does only have 3 pokemon, the starters of kanto, then what did he do to that Charmeleon he had when he was good little Sammy of Celebi: Voice of the forest? Well, he couldn't of released it. Because probably when he was a trainer in his own time, maybe his dad gave it to him. I've never activated the glitch, but would Oak really have pokemon at his age?
    Anime =/= Games.

Besides, you battle Oak when he's old.

maybe while you are out on your quest, oak decides to create a team for you to battle when you get back?

I CLAIM ROTOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    ...could Mew's tail be meant to resemble, *cough* *ahem* ...sperm?

Blog Entries

I reckon Oak was the champion but stepped down when he got old and the pokemon you get are the descendants of his pokemon which is why he can keep getting more
    Read my fanfic Tales of the Gym leader's and comment if you like or dislike it thanks

A massive thanks to Kyuujux for the amazing banner

My opinion is that he was meant to be the champion you fought at the end, but then the story was just given a little twist by having your main rival as the one you would have to win against...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast