Anyone Get Nostalgic Over the Difficulties of the First Two Generations? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Anyone Get Nostalgic Over the Difficulties of the First Two Generations?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone Get Nostalgic Over the Difficulties of the First Two Generations?

I never really particularly found Gen I and II difficult to be completely honest, even with the broken mechanics of Gen I. Gen I really only got difficult by the time I reached the Elite Four, but that was mainly because I was always so severely underleveled by the time I reached them and would have to spend forever grinding to balance my team out. Gen II was never really difficult to me at all. Honestly, it was Gen III that was the most difficult generation for me, especially when you got to face Tate and Iza.

But difficulty or not, that is not the reason why I feel nostalgic with Gen I and II. If anything, I've been very happy with the mechanic changes that the newer Generations have since brought.
    Magenta Fantasies likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Default Re: Anyone Get Nostalgic Over the Difficulties of the First Two Generations?

Less being nostalgic over them being difficult and more over my own young-childlike stupidity.
    Magenta Fantasies likes this.
    Roses Die, but Ribbons Last Forever

Read my fanfiction, Within Our Crumbling World, and please review!

Yes I do get nostalgic when I play the first two generations, but whenever I play generations 3-5 I always think too competitively and I always strive for perfection with Natures, IVs, EVs, etc.; but when I play Generations 1 and 2 I get nostalgic and I just play for fun :)

is watching her own icon Magenta Fantasies's Avatar

Visit Magenta Fantasies's Youtube Channel

I thought that Generations I and II were the easiest. I recall beating Pokemon Red multiple times-when I was only 5 or 6; nowadays it would be even more of a breeze. Gold was a little harder, and I thought Ruby was harder than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailormikumoon View Post
    Less being nostalgic over them being difficult and more over my own young-childlike stupidity.
    I know exactly how you feel; I got that feeling so many times as I played through Heart Gold. For instance, when I was a child I had a really hard time with the puzzles in the Ruins of Alph, but they were really easy in Heart Gold. Then again, correct me if I'm wrong on this, but the format of the puzzles changed; in GSC, the puzzles were sliding puzzles (which I'm still terrible at) and in HGSS you could move the pieces freely.
    I also felt that way about the Elite Four, Whitney, and the Ice Cave.
    DeviantART: phoenixflaym
    Fanfictions: Obsessions Crystal Clear Gold Hearted Silver Lining
    Nimbasa Sunrise

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123