Anyone Get Nostalgic Over the Difficulties of the First Two Generations? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Get Nostalgic Over the Difficulties of the First Two Generations?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone Get Nostalgic Over the Difficulties of the First Two Generations?

I don't really remember them being too hard. They only extremely difficult things I remember from the old games are the Gen I pokemon league and Whitney's miltank.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Default Re: Anyone Get Nostalgic Over the Difficulties of the First Two Generations?

Well, my brother ha recently reminded me, that when we first played the blue version, we had overleveled Charmeleon yet in Viridian forest, because we didn´t know how to get to the Pewter city o.O
    (And of course, I knew only very little english that time so I played it with dictionary :D)

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

I remember the Pokemon League (Lance specifically) smacking me around for a few good hours in POkemon Red as I waited for my mom in her office

Blog Entries

The only thing I remember about R/B/Y being hard was Sabrina and the Elite Four. G/S/C, on the other hand, was a breeze.

Blog Entries

As someone who picked up Blue only this summer, I really do feel nostalgic over it for some reason. I mean, I've played Gold and Silver (of the originals) I like the feeling I get playing it. I feel like I've played it before...and that it's actually something that's a part of my earlier youth. I know I'm going for getting Mew, Missingno. when the opportunity comes 'round :]

Yup, this is me... My White 2 FC: 2495-1961-1382

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I had the Versus guides during the first and second gen. Apparently the company went under because they never put out a guide after Crystal. Those guides were absolutely phenomenal. Akin to bulbapedia where it had every trainer's pokemon listed, which was something no other guides did. Because of that, though, it wasn't like the first two gens were so much harder. If any, RS would have been the one to give me the most trouble because I didn't have a guide or really a computer. But I don't recall that being any harder either.

I remember my brothers always telling me not to do certain things in Blue so that we could do the missingno and mew glitches later in the game. Also, ALWAYS getting a Charmander and a Pidgey at the beginning, and then I wouldn't leave Viridian Forest until I found and caught a Pikachu. And when I caught a level 3 one, I would immediately find one at level 5...

Also, even though it's gen 3, I remember getting really frustrated at the contests cause certain moves wouldn't do well in the appeal. And I couldn't figure out why cause I didnt know that certain moves generate a certain amount of points.
    The whole Hoenn thing was nostalgic for me. Anime and games. I remember that the library only had DVDs for the Advance Generation. The fact that I was quite intertwined with Hoenn is possibly why I'm an Advanceshipiper...

Sorry, off topic. But anyway, the most nostagic games for me are Pokemon Blue and Ruby. And then my bro accidentally put Blue in the wash cause it was in his pocket, so it wouldn't save afterwards. I would leave the gameboy plugged in and on at night so my file wouldn't die. But sometimes my older brother would unplug it, so I would get upset and he would get grounded. Sometimes he would have a good reason, but most of the time they were crappy. So mean...

Sorry, not getting nostalgic over difficulties, just the game itself.
    Roses Die, but Ribbons Last Forever

Read my fanfiction, Within Our Crumbling World, and please review!

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

i rerember the "catch 150 pokemon and oak will give you mew" i dident belive that load of crock but it was still annoying i much prefer today where im no longer a noob and dont have to listen to silly rumours in school

Fiery passion that burns! Season's Avatar
    Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

GSC was a cakewalk if you put Whitney's Miltank aside. When the rockets took over the Radio Tower after you had defeated the seventh gym leader, their Pokemon were Level 19 Rattatas' which is pretty weak at that point.

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

I remember loving/hating how difficult it was to play those games :) I didn't have any friends that played Pokemon (like, at all), so I went through that game bewildered and haphazard. I love that now, even though I do hang with people who play Pokemon, I can get some direction at any time. I try not to use it too much, of course, wanting to enjoy myself and avoiding "meta" thinking.

Jumping on the Fenne-Bandwagon

I remember Lance was very difficult to me, mostly because of my "newbieness" of training only an overleveled Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow. Besides, I thought his Aerodactyl, since it's a rock-type pokémon, would not feel any electric attacks. My life would have been much easier if I had figure out that I could just Thunderbolt it down.

Blog Entries

Not at all. The AI has been refined, Psychic isn't broken anymore, and the games hard because you need to think, not because the game is a cheating bastard.

I get nostalgic about their general atmosphere, but not so much about the difficulties. Then again, a lot of the difficulties may have been brought on by my being a pretty clueless kid at the time. I remember (somehow) being unable to get my Nidorino back from the Pokémon Day Care because I lacked the money. :')

Quote Originally Posted by Facebook View Post
    GSC was a cakewalk if you put Whitney's Miltank aside. When the rockets took over the Radio Tower after you had defeated the seventh gym leader, their Pokemon were Level 19 Rattatas' which is pretty weak at that point.
    They made it hard to gain levels, even though I defeated Pryce before Jasmine/Chuck. I think by the 8th gym leader my Pokemon were level 32 at max. Keeping in mind that I was 6, and caught every Pokemon I thought looked cool. The only real Pokemon I kept in my team was T-Bone, my Feraligatr. Ah, such fun. Oh, and believe it or not, to this day I have never played any Generation I games.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Whitney's Miltank wasn't too hard for me - but it was mostly due to me having solo'd with a Cyndaquil and having a monstrous Typhlosion already at the third gym.

Though I do remember having skipped Vermillion Gym because I always failed the trash can puzzle ;_; so I skipped it until the Pokemon League, where they wouldn't let me in.
    The Immortal Femme Fatale of Doom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast