After my relatively recent playthrough of HG, I couldn't help but wish:
* the sprites were constantly animated
* hidden machines were reusable
* new moves and hidden abilities were present
* dark grass/horde encounters
* Pokemart being combined with Pokecenter
* no poison status outside of battle (yes, I'm real)
* field moves requiring no badges
* faster depleting HP bar
* habitat mode
I think these would have made the remake much better, also on top of those, I wish the game had better Pokemon availability/distribution along with wild and trainers' Pokemon not being so underleveled T_T
It seems they do the remakes at random, since the plan doesn't look to be having them remade either 2 generations later nor to have a remake every 2 generations, because in those cases it would have been remakes in Gens 3 (happened), 5 (didn't happen), 7 (won't happen, since ROAS is being made now) or 3, 4, 5, 6 etc.
Now I wish for a remake of a remake :P Do you think that will ever happen?