90% of Pokemon Will Be in An Evolution - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 90% of Pokemon Will Be in An Evolution

Where a large electronic talking Charmander looks at me from beside the computer...

Buoysel
    Perap
    Cherimu
    Pachirisu
    Dorapion

There's never been anything to indicate these are defiantly singles as far as I'm aware.

Indeed Bouysel, Cherimu, and Pachirisu all certainly look like they'll evolve to me. And Dorapion could certainly evolve from something (although I think it'll be Gen 4's answer to Seviper, honestly).
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

You forgot Korobooshi.....*cries*

The Dude Abides

It's just an assumption. So much the better if they do evolve, and in Dorapion's case, have a lower form.
    I just needed some sort of way to prove that we won't get a shitload of evolved forms of old Pokemon.
    That dude Bell02 Alpha made a bunk conclusion, and I refuted it.
    I do think Buoysel is a single Pokemon.
    The status of Korobooshi is so uncertain, that nothing may be said about it other than that it rather looks like a large bug.

I know, some people seem to think the "90%" thing means only evolutions of older ones or babies, instead of realizing their won't be alot of single's new Pokemon.

Although, it does seem like we will get a fair amount of evos.

OK, I did some research, and I think this is right, according to GSC:

Johto actually has 210 native Pokemon, because the Kanto starters, the Pikachu, Clefairy, Diglett, Grimer, Electabuzz, Porygon, Slugma, and Houndour lines cannot be found in it. As well as no Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Fossil Pokemon, Snorlax, Legendary Birds, Mew, Mewtwo, or Murkrow. 215 if you wanna throw in Azurill, Wynaut, Weavile, Bonsly, and Tamanta as evolutions of Pokemon native to there.

Kanto actually has 196 Pokemon native to it, adding the Sentret, Hoothoot, Ledyba, Spinarak, Chinchou, Hopip, Sunkern, Wooper, Snubull, Qwillfish, Slugma, Corsola, Murkrow, and Houndour lines to it as well as new evolutions and babies of old Pokemon. 199 if you add in Elecable, Mime Jr. and Munchlax as evolutions of Pokemon there.

Oh, and oddly enough - Slugma, Murkrow, and Houndour can only be found in Kanto.

It seems like the average number of Pokemon for a region to have is about 200, all in all. I wouldn't expect more than 250 wild ones at the most for DP.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Sceptile
    It's just an assumption. So much the better if they do evolve, and in Dorapion's case, have a lower form.
    I just needed some sort of way to prove that we won't get a shitload of evolved forms of old Pokemon.
    That dude Bell02 Alpha made a bunk conclusion, and I refuted it.
    I do think Buoysel is a single Pokemon.
    The status of Korobooshi is so uncertain, that nothing may be said about it other than that it rather looks like a large bug.
    No, what I was saying is that there won't be many "new" Pokemon as in new chain pokemon, Legendaries, Evolutions, and all if there are only 500 monsters. That no matter how you look at the numbers there will be a lot of evolutions or chains of old pokemon.

I assumed all of the new pokemon except lucario could evolve or have an evolution, and I broke the numbers down into the possibilities of. I even stated it. Then I complained because nintendo threw a loop by having electibuz as an evo. That kind of screws things up if gamefreak continually does this (for 500 pokemon). Then yoou have to keep in consideration that removing one pokemon from the list of singles that it adds at least 2 to the evolution list.

So basically, if Gamefreak is even closely going by that, they have to have more than 500 pokemon. I think that would be normal also since they seem like they want to head in a direction to have more new monsters in each itteration.

You are right to say that there isn't a way to proove weather they are talking about the National or the Shinoudex... but then we don't even know how big the Shinoudex may be! Its almost pointless to make that assumption either, and more likely that they mean the nationaldex (especially if we compare this to Jhoto).

Yeah, I wouldn't be surpised if this gen has more new ones then RS. The only reason Johto has so few is Nintendo probably didn't know if introducing new ones would be that successful.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surpised if this gen has more new ones then RS. The only reason Johto has so few is Nintendo probably didn't know if introducing new ones would be that successful.
    I think the reason RSE had so MANY was so they could justify having two different games with two different regions each with 386 Pokemon between them without having too many overlapping monsters. In other words, they had to give Hoenn almost as many Pokemon of its own as Kanto to justify having a Kanto game and a Hoenn game both selling at the same time.

Ah, I see.

But they will probably give Shinou alot more new ones so it won't overlap with the previous gens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta
    OK, I did some research, and I think this is right, according to GSC:

Johto actually has 210 native Pokemon, because the Kanto starters, the Pikachu, Clefairy, Diglett, Grimer, Electabuzz, Porygon, Slugma, and Houndour lines cannot be found in it. As well as no Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Fossil Pokemon, Snorlax, Legendary Birds, Mew, Mewtwo, or Murkrow. 215 if you wanna throw in Azurill, Wynaut, Weavile, Bonsly, and Tamanta as evolutions of Pokemon native to there.

Kanto actually has 196 Pokemon native to it, adding the Sentret, Hoothoot, Ledyba, Spinarak, Chinchou, Hopip, Sunkern, Wooper, Snubull, Qwillfish, Slugma, Corsola, Murkrow, and Houndour lines to it as well as new evolutions and babies of old Pokemon. 199 if you add in Elecable, Mime Jr. and Munchlax as evolutions of Pokemon there.

Oh, and oddly enough - Slugma, Murkrow, and Houndour can only be found in Kanto.

It seems like the average number of Pokemon for a region to have is about 200, all in all. I wouldn't expect more than 250 wild ones at the most for DP.
    Something always bugged me,

Pokemon like Jynx, Mr. Mime , Lickitung and Farfetch'd are Gen I pokemon, but all of them are trade-only pokemon ( with Farfetch'd and Lickitung as an exception,because they is found in the wild in yellow).
    But Jynx and Mr. Mime ( Lickitung and Farfetch'd) ARE wild pokemon in Jotho.
    SO the question is..Are they really kanto pokemon? Maybe the trainers who have Jynx and Mr.Mime in R/B/Y are from jotho?
    Maybe they aren´t really kanto pokemon. Why aren´t they in the wild available in Kanto, but are wild one in Jotho?

The same can be said about Scyther/Tauros, who are only Safari Zone pokemon in Kanto but can be found in the wild/in the bug catching contest in Jotho.
    They ARE first Gen pokemon, but to which part of the pokemon world do they really fit? Maybe you should change your list.

Blog Entries

It's also because the second gen could not go beyond 255, as that is all the capacity it could do in terms of pokemon. I guess they introduced an even hundred to it just so that it would make sense. When they made Ru/Sa, they were working on a whole new memory system, and could make just about as many pokemon as the imagination can hold.
    Step into the Fairy circle

We are looking WAY too deep into this, the answer is they didn't invent Johto when they made Jynx and them.

That's why despite Johto and Kanto being right next to each other, we never saw any Sentret's in Kanto back in RBY.

EDIT: and adding to what Sceptile said, DS has even more mememory space for even more Pokemon.

Plus, thye made us wait longer then the other gens, so we should get more for our wait.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa
    Something always bugged me,

Pokemon like Jynx, Mr. Mime , Lickitung and Farfetch'd are Gen I pokemon, but all of them are trade-only pokemon ( with Farfetch'd and Lickitung as an exception,because they is found in the wild in yellow).
    But Jynx and Mr. Mime ( Lickitung and Farfetch'd) ARE wild pokemon in Jotho.
    SO the question is..Are they really kanto pokemon? Maybe the trainers who have Jynx and Mr.Mime in R/B/Y are from jotho?
    Maybe they aren´t really kanto pokemon. Why aren´t they in the wild available in Kanto, but are wild one in Jotho?

The same can be said about Scyther/Tauros, who are only Safari Zone pokemon in Kanto but can be found in the wild/in the bug catching contest in Jotho.
    They ARE first Gen pokemon, but to which part of the pokemon world do they really fit? Maybe you should change your list.
    Yeah, I have to agree that you are thinking too hard. I know that is something I wondered also, but I try not to think about it.

I mean, its obvious that the Safari Zone is not a natural place, but a theme park made to be like a pokemon-africa or something, so I agree its safe to assume something like Chansey, Scyther, and Tauros may not be found in the wilds of Kanto, or even all of Pokemon-Japan, but just don't worry about it.

It'll make your life easier

The Dude Abides

You are right to say that there isn't a way to proove weather they are talking about the National or the Shinoudex... but then we don't even know how big the Shinoudex may be! Its almost pointless to make that assumption either, and more likely that they mean the nationaldex (especially if we compare this to Jhoto).
    Why the heck would they mean the National Dex? It makes no sense to do that, because then a HUGE number of evos of old Pokemon would have to be created. Whereas if they meant only the Pokemon in the Shinou PokeDex, then everything would work out nicely. And anyway, my theory is more positive, because nobody wants a ton of evolutions of old Pokemon.
    Take into account that D/P is a huge region. 250 does seem reasonable, though. Even with that number, I would place the upper limit of additional evos of older Pokemon at 3.
    I say 130 Pokemon, about the same as last generation. Because it's a reasonable number. I doubt they'd ever release more than 150 at the same time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast