90% of Pokemon Will Be in An Evolution - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 90% of Pokemon Will Be in An Evolution

I didn't, I was hoping for atleast ONE evolution.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Well, I hope DP is not filled with old pokemon pre-evos and evos. We need new pokes, not things like Tamanta, as much as I like it, did Mantine really need a pre-evo? :/

I guess you could though say that alot of R/S Pokemon were simply reimaginations of the R/B ones (I don't think so really, though.)

The Dude Abides

Let's see...Hmmmm....
    Farfetch'd-Probably not
    Lickitung-Possible
    Tangela-Neglected, so no.
    Kangaskhan-Possible prevo
    Pinsir-No.
    Tauros-Possible prevo
    Lapras-Maybe a prevo.
    Ditto-No.
    Aerodactyl-No.
    Aipom-Very likely
    Yanma-Maybe.
    Murkrow-Likely
    Misdreavus-Meh. Can't be sure.
    Unown-No.
    Girafarig-No.
    Dunsparce-Sadly, no.
    Gligar-No.
    Qwilfish-No.
    Shuckle-No.
    Heracross-No.
    Corsola-No.
    Delibird-No.
    Skarmory-Possible prevo
    Stantler-No.
    Smeargle-No.
    Miltank-Possible prevo
    Nosepass-No.
    Sableye-No.
    Mawile-Maybe
    Plusle-No.
    Minun-No.
    Volbeat-No.
    Illumise-No.
    Torkoal-No.
    Spinda-No.
    Zangoose-No.
    Seviper-No.
    Lunatone-No.
    Solrock-No.
    Castform-No.
    Kecleon-No.
    Tropius-No.
    Chimecho-Possibly
    Absol-Who knows?
    Relicanth-No.
    Luvdisc-No

So we have thirteen that have a bit of a chance.
    But if we include those that are like Electabuzz, we get some more possibilities. Also, we're not going to be able to get 500 Pokemon in the games. At max, I think, around 300. This information is good news, because it means we're unlikely to have any gimmick Pokemon. I think all the new loners we're getting have already been released. Perap, Buoysel, Drapion, Pachirisu, and Cherimu could be the only non-evolutionary new Pokemon.
    Now we have 4 prevos and 3 evos of old Pokemon. We'll probably get at least one more of each, but the rest will be old, familiar evolutionary chains, and new, unfamiliar chains.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I talked about this in the other topic,
    I counted 412 total pokemon revealed so far. Assuming the starters evolve 3 times. If there are 27 legendaries, and 46 pokemon that still don't have evolution chains then we know that 73 is too much. That number also doesn't count pokemon that look like they could evolve also but don't: prerap, bouysel, pachirisu, dorapion, cherimu, and korobooshi. That's 6 more, and if lucario is legendary or doesn't evolve then there is 80!

Now we definately know there isn't 800 pokemon, but this only gives space for 88 more pokemon in Daimond and Pearl.

I think its safe to assume that there will be a legendary trio, making 30 legendaries and 83 unevolved monsters. I also have a feeling that there are more legendaries to find and be secret in this game.. maybe 2-3 (if lucario is legendary), but I won't count that.

So, anyways that would mean 52 pokemon can evolve that we know about with, but 50 have to not evolve, leaving us with 48 pokemon spots left. This gives us these options:
    *20 more old pokemon don't evlove, and the remaining do.
    *48 spots for new line pokemon, and 2 old pokemon evolve.
    *or a mix of the two.

This isn't that much, which is why I think they are going to have 550 to 600 monsters total in this game. It gives them more breathing space for creating new monsters that don't evolve, legendaries, and pokemon that do evolve. Even pokemon with evolution chains may evolve again... like I have a feeling scizor might!

As for monsters I want to evolve... Stableye, Farfetch'd, and Aipom.
    Other pokemon that I think have evolutions/pre-evos that may come? Pincer, Heracross, Volbeat, Mauvile, Skarmory... I think there is a lot that could go. Its too hard to tell, but I definately think there won't be only 500, that would make things feel rushed.
    Last edited by bell02+; 8th August 2006 at 05:00 PM.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85
    You know, it's amusing that Kangaskhan has went three gens without a pre-evo. Considering it sits in its pouch all day, you'd think GameFreak would jump at the chance to call that a new Pokemon.
    Well, maybe it is the base evolution itself, and the baby Kangaskhan are indeed baby Kangaskhan, just like there are baby Pichu and adult Pichu. The baby doesn't evolve into Kangaskhan; it just grows up. Same thing with the Pikachu in the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by FabuVinny
    Games usually usually aren't released in Europe until a few months after the US release due to the translation time.
    So, what kind of differences are there between the U.S. and Europe (English) versions? Other than NTSC->PAL, I mean.

Dunno, maybe marketing reasons. And the NTSC->PAL doesn't matter for the DS.

I do want a baby Kangaskan.

Quote Originally Posted by Argy
    So, what kind of differences are there between the U.S. and Europe (English) versions? Other than NTSC->PAL, I mean.
    Well:

A) NTSC and PAL are only for TVs and therefore Console games. They have no relevance to the Pokemon games outside of the Cube spin offs.
    B) There are no differences in the English versions, they're the exact same.

Like I said before, I believe it involves marketing and shipping.

And sometimes their are minor US/UK translations.

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake
    Like I said before, I believe it involves marketing and shipping.
    No. It's because not everyone in Europe speaks English. The games have to be translated into a bare minimum of 4 languages, French, Spanish, German and Italian before they're released here.

And sometimes their are minor US/UK translations.
    Not in Pokemon games.

I Cussed Out A Midget!!!! Ben Kingsley Shuckle's Avatar

I'm thinking there will be around 200-250 new Pokemon. 30 of which will be related to old Pokemon and about 170-220 left for new Pokemon. Shinou is much bigger than Hoenn, and it might be bigger if there are secret maps in the game somewhere. (There has to be since part of Shinou is cut off and there is more on the Southwest of the in-game map). I think that Fire Red/Leaf were purposely made bigger so that there would be a pattern.

Someone did stats on how big each map is total, and it went like this

Shinou > Kanto > Hoenn > Johto.

Notice how how from Kanto to Johto the amount of Pokemon get's smaller. Therefor, Shinou will have more than 150 new Pokemon, and if my gut is correct, at least 240.
    Get Bent Dr. Phil. Your show is shit.

The Bob & Tom Show rules!

200 new ones? That seems like alot (I wouldn't complain though)...

I hope their are more then R/S gave us, especially making us wait this long for D/P. Maybe about 140 new ones?

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kanto only had the original 150. Any other Pokémon in FR/LG were over on the Sevii Islands.

Here's the number of Pokémon in each generation so far:

Generation I = 151 Pokémon
    Generation II = +100 Pokémon
    Generation III = +135 Pokémon

200 seems a bit much to me.

Kanto only had the original 150. Any other Pokémon in FR/LG were over on the Sevii Islands.

Here's the number of Pokémon in each generation so far:

Generation I = 151 Pokémon
    Generation II = +100 Pokémon
    Generation III = +135 Pokémon

200 seems a bit much to me.
    Indeed, I wouldn't expect more than 120.

Oh, and here's a good question: In Gen II, how many Pokemon were actually in Johto and Kanto, seperately? It wasn't 250 for Johto. Many of them could only still be acquired in Kanto. And it wasn't 150 for Kanto, because many new Pokemon could be found in Kanto - Spinarak, Ledyba, Sentret, Hoothoot. In fact, in some interesting cases, Pokemon that are considered "Johto" Pokemon could only be found in Gen II Kanto (Houndour and Murkrow, for instance). So how many does each region really have?
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

The Dude Abides

I talked about this in the other topic,
    I counted 412 total pokemon revealed so far. Assuming the starters evolve 3 times. If there are 27 legendaries, and 46 pokemon that still don't have evolution chains then we know that 73 is too much. That number also doesn't count pokemon that look like they could evolve also but don't: prerap, bouysel, pachirisu, dorapion, cherimu, and korobooshi. That's 6 more, and if lucario is legendary or doesn't evolve then there is 80!

Now we definately know there isn't 800 pokemon, but this only gives space for 88 more pokemon in Daimond and Pearl.

I think its safe to assume that there will be a legendary trio, making 30 legendaries and 83 unevolved monsters. I also have a feeling that there are more legendaries to find and be secret in this game.. maybe 2-3 (if lucario is legendary), but I won't count that.

So, anyways that would mean 52 pokemon can evolve that we know about with, but 50 have to not evolve, leaving us with 48 pokemon spots left. This gives us these options:
    *20 more old pokemon don't evlove, and the remaining do.
    *48 spots for new line pokemon, and 2 old pokemon evolve.
    *or a mix of the two.
    Seriously, dude, they mean 90% of the Pokemon available in D/P are part of an evolutionary chain.
    Meaning this tells us nothing except that there won't be any more single Pokemon revealed. Which is okay with me. It can get dull training when none of the Pokemon on your team can evolve. More evolution=YES.
    Let's see.
    Here's the number of swingin' singles in D/P thus far revealed:
    Manaphy
    Lucario
    Diaruga
    Parukia
    Buoysel
    Perap
    Cherimu
    Pachirisu
    Dorapion.
    11. Alright, then. Let's take a guess at how many might be available. Let's say around 300?
    11/300=3&2/3%
    Plenty of room for the oldies.
    How's about we add assumed legendaries, bringing our total to 15.
    15/300=5%
    So if there are 300, we will only have fifteen more singles.
    Oh joy. This only means that many of the Pokemon that don't evolve won't be found in this region, not that there will be many evolutions of old Pokemon, which would be dreadfully inconvenient.
    Alrighty, problem solved.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast