[Gen3] Generation 3 - Which game is the best?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Gen3] Generation 3 - Which game is the best?

Default [Gen3] Generation 3 - Which game is the best?

Hello there! I am thinking of buying a Gen3 Pokemon game for the GameBoy Advance(classic)/Micro I will be buying (didn't decide which one yet :/). I love the Gen3 Hoenn games but I don't know which one to buy and why. Could anyone just list me up something why I should buy emerald and not ruby or something like this. Also I would like to know if the berry glitch is a problem in ruby, and where to buy NEW versions of 3gen games - i searched almost the complete internet and can't seem to find em (a eu shop would be best)
    Thank you for your time ^_^

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Gen3] Generation 3 - Which game is the best?

Emerald has more features than Ruby/Sapphire, so it's a better purchase than either of it's counterparts. You'll want to get either a GameBoy Advance SP or GameBoy Micro, being as the GameBoy Advance doesn't have a backlit screen. Also worth mentioning is that the GameBoy Micro can't play GameBoy or GameBoy Color games, while the GameBoy Advance SP can. Unless you own a Gamecube, because then you should also consider the GameBoy Player as an option (which can play GameBoy, GameBoy Color and GameBoy Advance games).

I wish I could be of help as far as purchasing the game goes, but I live in the States.

Emerald is the best purchase cause it has the battle frontier :)
    Check out my group: Talk to me!

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Emerald. Why?
    'Cause it's the best darn Pokemon game out there. End of story.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Well emeral it is :3 - but what are the main differences between battle tower and battle frontier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Emerald has more features than Ruby/Sapphire, so it's a better purchase than either of it's counterparts. You'll want to get either a GameBoy Advance SP or GameBoy Micro, being as the GameBoy Advance doesn't have a backlit screen. Also worth mentioning is that the GameBoy Micro can't play GameBoy or GameBoy Color games, while the GameBoy Advance SP can. Unless you own a Gamecube, because then you should also consider the GameBoy Player as an option (which can play GameBoy, GameBoy Color and GameBoy Advance games).

I wish I could be of help as far as purchasing the game goes, but I live in the States.
    Im probably gonna go whit micro (i do have the original gameboy and gameboy color so its not a problem :3). Backlit screen yeha thats gonna be quite some use - oh all the not so sleepy nights to come. Still do you maybe know any good site that ships worldwide where I could buy it? - anyways thank you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiirB View Post
    Im probably gonna go whit micro (i do have the original gameboy and gameboy color so its not a problem :3). Backlit screen yeha thats gonna be quite some use - oh all the not so sleepy nights to come. Still do you maybe know any good site that ships worldwide where I could buy it? - anyways thank you
    Amazon would be a good website to purchase from, if you can find a reliable, trustworthy seller (or if Amazon itself has it available). And, no problem at all!! (:

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Well emeral it is :3 - but what are the main differences between battle tower and battle frontier?

The Battle Fronteir is a mixture of like 6 different places to battle, each one with there twists to it. The Battle Tower is just a place where you can battle, but you can't earn Exp. or Money, instead you earn BP, to spend on different prizes after 7 battles. The same thing happens in the Battle Fronteir. The Battle Tower is in the Battle Fronteir though, so just get Emerald.

I guess you could look in Cregs List or Ebay for the game.
    If your going to get it on a site like Ebay, here's a tip: Place your bid at the last second.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

thx for the explanation - but about buying the game the most of sites have "sold out" or don't have the game i wanna get a new copy of the game and i can only find ones that are like 100$ which is not the correct price i would say :/

thx for the explanation - but about buying the game the most of sites have "sold out" or don't have the game i wanna get a new copy of the game and i can only find ones that are like 100$ which is not the correct price i would say :/
    Yeah, I've come across this problem myself. Your best bet is to settle with a used game... since the games are no longer made then people can charge whatever they want for them and you can't go elsewhere. Not to mention that they are getting rarer and rarer each time someone buys one and opens it. Even used copies are hard to come by, at least around here. I've found that they are the most expensive of all the used GBA games... going for like $20 - $30 each (and sometimes their used price is even higher now than it would have been if the game was new back when it was still in stores).

Play.com - Buy Pokemon Emerald online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe! <--- well this one seems to have a normal price, but you never knwo :/ -dannyjenn did you buy on ebay or somewhere else?

dannyjenn mind if i ask where did you buy those games?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are all good. But I would suggest Emerald - there's a Battle Frontier. There's no berry glitch so time-based events happen.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Like others said, Emerald, because it has more features.

But DON'T get a Gameboy Micro. IMO, that thing is the worst Nintendo console ever. I know it's supposed to be small, but I thought it was too small, and the volume sucks. I can barely hear it well, and my ears are friggin sensitive. I find it annoying to hold because of its small size too, and I have small hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Like others said, Emerald, because it has more features.

But DON'T get a Gameboy Micro. IMO, that thing is the worst Nintendo console ever. I know it's supposed to be small, but I thought it was too small, and the volume sucks. I can barely hear it well, and my ears are friggin sensitive. I find it annoying to hold because of its small size too, and I have small hands!
    is micro really that bad o.O? - i watched quite some reviews and they all are positive :/

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I'm sure it's bad. Not everyone will have the same opinion, you know. xP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast