Time to Finally Be Active!

Thread: Time to Finally Be Active!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Time to Finally Be Active!

Hello,

I registered for the Bulbagarden forums way back in 2010, wishing to become an active member of the Pokemon community. However, at that time I was just coming up to the Higher School Certificate (a set of government exams in Australia to determine your 'academic rank' and prove your knowledge is that of a Year 12 level), and that ended up taking up most of my time. I ended up forgetting about Bulbagarden during my studies.

I am now just about to enter my third year of University, undertaking a Bachelor of Information Technology. Over the last couple of months (the period between the end of my last session and my next) I've come to find myself playing Pokemon more and more, as well as watching Best Wishes with my significant other (whom I met at a Pokemon tournament in 2011). This sparked my memory, and I remembered that I have a Bulbagarden forum account!

The reason for Pokemon becoming a hobby I've recently launched back into is because the fifth generation games (B/W/B2/W2) and anime have made me remember what was ultimately fun about the franchise (the creative Pokemon designs, Pokemon Global Link, and revamp of the anime are the most prominent factors). I did play the generation four games and all those before it, but the fourth generation felt like I was just going through the motions. It wasn't too fun, and neither was the state of the anime at that point.

Currently I am playing through Pokemon White 2, and am participating in the 2013 Winter Friendly. Despite losing all the time with an in-game team, it's still a lot of fun. I feel like I'm supporting the franchise; I hope that more Wi-Fi tournaments are held in the future.

Lastly, my favourite Pokemon is Whimsicott. I think it looks really cool, but also super cute at the same time.

I hope I end up having a fun time with you all!

Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Time to Finally Be Active!

Welcome back to the Forums Heredity! :)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much, G50. I know I'm going to have a lot of fun here with everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Welcome back to the forums. I hope you enjoy your time here.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Post Thanks / Like

I'm already starting to have fun, I've been able to find a lot of interesting threads to participate in.

Super Moderator Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Hello, welcome back Heredity:) Nice to see you've decided to visit here again. The forums are different than how they were in 2010 certainly, Ive been there since then myself. A lot of the Gen 5 stuff is indeed fun. I go on the Dream World fairly often though I do need to play the games more often, I kinda stopped after the E4 in Black 2. Ive never participated in a wi-fi tournament though the concept is cool, Im just not into competitive battling much.

Whimsicott is a cute fluffy Pokemon, I'll have to try it sometime in a game.

Anyway, if you need any help, feel free to ask me or another staff member and we'll try to help you anyway we can. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your avatar is the cutest thing. <3; Welcome! I'm glad you're back into Pokemon again, it's that sort of thing that is hard to quit entirely, haha. The fifth gen was definitely an improvement from the fourth though, plus we have the awesome X and Y coming so there's lots to look forward to. Have a great time! :D
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much, you're both very kind.

Despite being announced as a 'short' generation, I think that Game Freak and The Pokemon Company have put a whole tonne of effort into the fifth generation that definitely deserves plenty of praise. After all, it has managed to even get me interested in competitive battling once again. I think that's quite a hard thing to do, considering the amount of effort involved (haha). I'll bet the sixth generation is going to be even better - it'd be ultra cool if they manage to tie it in with the new Nintendo ID system. It sure would streamline a lot of things for all of us who wish to connect to each other in-game.

Despite my time here in 2010 being short, I'm definitely noticing the differences. The forums feel a lot more refined, there's definitely been some worthwhile progress. Great work, guys.

I can overcome anything! Midorikawa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Welcome back, hope you have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Welcome back, hope you have fun!
    Thank you for the welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, hope you have lots of fun here, and feel free to message me anytime!! :3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VriskaSerket View Post
    Welcome back, hope you have lots of fun here, and feel free to message me anytime!! :3
    Thank you for the welcome, despite my introduction being a couple of days ago. That's very nice of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heredity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VriskaSerket View Post
    Thank you for the welcome, despite my introduction being a couple of days ago. That's very nice of you.
    Thankie, and hey, only a couple days ago after all. <3

With 100% more GUNFACE! Silverwynde's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heredity View Post
    I am now just about to enter my third year of University, undertaking a Bachelor of Information Technology. Over the last couple of months (the period between the end of my last session and my next) I've come to find myself playing Pokemon more and more, as well as watching Best Wishes with my significant other (whom I met at a Pokemon tournament in 2011). This sparked my memory, and I remembered that I have a Bulbagarden forum account!
    O_O
    That's really cool, as I met my SO on a Transformers emailing list back in the '90s. So far it's worked out great; I married the big lug.
    Autobots, transform and party down!
    Don't believe the lies.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.