If you're looking for a place to discuss common interests whether it be a niche of the Pokemon Fandom or about anything in life in general, the Social Groups are the place for you.
Yes, The Social Groups do have a set of rules and they are as follows:
1.) General forum rules still apply. No posting of ROMS, emulators or links to illegal downloads/streams. No discussing these either.
1a.) No trolling/flamebaiting as well. These will result in an automatic infraction.
1b.) There are no rules regarding double posting or ‘bumping’ in Social Groups, unless it is clear other users, especially the owner, find such actions intolerable to carrying on with discussion in the group.
2.) The creation of ‘Team’ social groups is prohibited.
A Team does not necessarily have to be labeled a ‘Team’ to be considered for this category.
Definition of a ‘Team’ Group:
- A group who’s primary function is to operate under fictional employ by creating a hierarchy
- A group who engages in campaigns for active recruitment to increase membership.
- A group that ‘plans’ and ‘organizes’ attacks on other groups or members.
- A group that engages in activity beyond the bounds of its own group, specifically, attacking other groups or members.
What is NOT
considered a Team group:
- A group that intends to function with respect to a function of the Pokémon game including battling, trading or capturing specific pokemon. (This include leagues and the like).
- Any group that features a fan club dedicated to the official Pokémon teams including Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Snagem, Cipher, Team Galactic and Team Plasma. As well as teams found in other side games such as the Mystery Dungeon series and Ranger series.
If you have questions regarding if your group may fall under these conditions or not, feel free to coordinate with a Social Group mod and we can work with you on a case by case basis for permission.
If your group does NOT fall under any of the ‘Team’ descriptions above, do not worry about needing permission to post your group, you may go and do so.
3.) Users may create up to 5 Social Groups.
4.) Before making a new group, please use the search function to look up the specific group that interests you. It might already exist.
4a.) While duplicate groups will not get in trouble, please try to abide by rule 4 when creating a new one. Thank you.
5.) Be mindful of the group owner’s wishes and how they would like to operate their group.
5a.) A group owner reserves the right to remove any images or discussion from their own group.
5b.) A group owner reserves the right to invite or remove any member from their group.
5c.) Please stay within the bounds of what the group owner sets.
5d.) If a group leader appears unruly, please report them to an Admin or Social Group Mod to handle.
6.) If there is a group that you feel is in violation of the forums, please PM any admin or Social Group Mod with the link to the Social Group to report it. Admins and Social Group moderators have the final authority in maintaining any group.
6a.) Likewise, discussions within groups are reportable; please report any behavior that violates the rules of the forums.
7.) The Social Group Mods are as follows: $aturn¥oshi, Rayne, Ghost, Kakuna Matata, Parmalee, Hallowheart, Mintaka, and Octy.
If you have any additional comments, questions or concerns about the Social Groups or its rules, feel free to post them here.