. . . So, how about that airline food?

Thread: . . . So, how about that airline food?

Default . . . So, how about that airline food?

Hello, I've liked Pokemon since I was a young kid, when my friend showed me the anime and basically got me hooked. My first Pokemon game (and pretty much one of my first games at all) was Pokemon Silver Version. You can imagine all the pleasant childhood memories that I associate with it:

Getting stuck in the player character's room because I thought I could pretty much play the game without actually reading anything, and therefore not understanding that I needed to set the clock; getting stuck in Professor Elm's lab, wondering why he wouldn't let me out; later thinking I'd made the game unwinable because I didn't know where to get HM Waterfall, and for some reason that the NPC that gives you Shuckle had it, but wouldn't give it to me since I'd basically left his Pokemon in a box and ignored it.

But really, the generation that I really think of as my childhood one was Generation 3. I guess that was the point where I had really started reading whenever something came up (though I still tried to avoid that), so I could appreciate what was going on a little more. Gen 4 was okay, but somehow didn't really seem that memorable, and Gen 5 was/is pretty cool, and my only memory of Gen 1 is Pokemon Leafgreen, which I guess wasn't too bad.

Also, in the (reasonably likely) event that you couldn't tell by my name, I think pterosaurs are really under-rated animals. I blame the media for this, as it tends to make pterosaurs seem like little more than giant, scaly, bat-winged hawks, when really they were a lot more (and a lot different) than that.

I also like making up fakemon, though I'm not necessarily that great at it, so I might post some of mine at some point.

So uh, thanks for reading this poorly-edited-novel of a post, and prepare for some similarly awkward ones later on!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: . . . So, how about that airline food?

Hi,welcome to BMGF. I started with Silver as well and remembered being a total noob xD( dont remember what I did exactly) I love that game a lot to this very day and wish to play it again, though Soul Silver I found excellent too. I enjoyed recreating part of my team on that remake. As for that Shuckle, Im pretty sure I sort of stole it from that guy cause I just kept it in my PC ^^; Afte Gen 2, I played Gen 3 a lot of times but only beat the game once( I had a weird obsession with restarting them) I remember those games even to this day being the most difficult ones. I discovered Gen 4 kinda late but really liked HGSS and enjoyed all of Gen 5. Looking forward to Gen 6 in full 3D.

I hope you have a great time here, and if you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me and any other staff member and we'll be happy to help you. Staff members have italic, bold and bold italic usernames.

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Welcome to the forums. =]

Hah, thanks, folks. I forgot HGSS: you know, I enjoyed Soulsilver, but for some reason, I barely remember actually playing it. Kind of a weird effect. I wish I'd gotten to the point where I could put items in the safari zone, because you need to let those items wait a little so they could get more powerful. I had thought I'd done that and could basically wait around for that, so I was disappointed when I remembered I hadn't, and that if I played it again, I would have to wait even MORE.

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Welcome. I hope you have an enjoyable time here.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Forums Ramphorynchoid! :)

Thank you! I'm never quite certain about how to respond to greetings like so that it's not a 2-word post. Time to ham it up.

*King Julian voice (from movie, Madagascar):* Come on, royal subjects, continue to shower me in greetings!

*Edit from 5 minutes later* Yeah . . . that suddenly doesn't seem as funny as I'd pictured it being. So, er . . . HEY LOOK, A UFO! *flees*
    Last edited by Ramphorynchoid; 28th January 2013 at 08:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Don't even remind me of airline food. It's definitely one of the... well, tasteless things I've eaten. ;; Welcome to BMGf! I got hooked with the anime as well and still watch it to this day, but not as heavily as before. Best Wishes/Black & White has been a pretty good saga so far, though! But hah, I laughed a bit at all of your getting stuck instances. I was probably the same way way back when I was a kid, but what really got me stuck was the Ice Cave in G/S/C. Had to loan my game to a friend so he could get me out of there. XD;

Hope you have a great time here and contact a staff if you ever need help!
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

Welcome to the forums! Your post was really enjoyable and funny to read. I got stuck a lot in Blue version, but thankfully, my neighbor, who was several years older, helped me find Surf and Strength in the Safari Zone. Those HMs can be quite elusive. Have a blast here and do share those fakemon sometime!
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Blog Entries
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir On Twitter Add Mikes Gardevoir on Google+
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir on Tumblr Visit Mikes Gardevoir's Youtube Channel

Welcome to the forums!

Blog Entries

Hello! Welcome to the forums! I hope you have a fun time posting and if you ever want to chat, drop me a visitor message on my page.

I remember Silver Version. I still have my cartridge but nothing to play is with. I have a lot of fond memories with that game too! ^_^

Thank you! If I ever get over my curse of only being able to draw my fakemons the way I actually picture them once (if at all) so I can finalise them, I'll show them off!

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Hello there Ramphorynchoid and welcome to the forums! I didn't have Silver, I had Gold version, but still was a good time. I got hooked into Pokemon through the anime too and I still watch it today but not as obsessively. Red was my first Pokemon game and I still play the games today! So excited for Pokemon X and Y and Gen VI, the games so far look pretty amazing. Hope you enjoy it here!

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Welcome, hope you have fun!