SBaneN, the Pokémon Trainer of Frozen Lightning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SBaneN, the Pokémon Trainer of Frozen Lightning

Default SBaneN, the Pokémon Trainer of Frozen Lightning

I am a new member. My name... Shane. That would be my forum name, but apparently it's already been taken, so I had to use SBaneN (as both 'Wayne Jakobus Michael' and 'Shane "Bane" Neumann' would be too long and I already have the latter username elsewhere).

I decided to join because... well, I guess I joined because I joined. I don't really know, so I guess that's because I have a terrible memory.

This is (likely) the 15th forum I have ever joined. I just hope I won't get banned for just existing.

I live in Gansbaai, South Africa, I have 29 fears (still in counting as well as very perplexing), and my favourite colours (always in this order) are green, red, blue, yellow, orange, pink, black and white. I have a cat named Simba. I remember random things, such as the day I got my first detention, the day that my first cat Raichu got killed by a car, the day that my computer first started getting blue screens of death whenever I play certain video games, the worst thing anyone has said to me, and who knows what else. I also memorized 756 in June 2010, because I was bored in Maths class. According to most people in my hometown, I am "weird, crazy and random" - which, in my opinion, is kind-of true. And according to myself, I'm insane. It's hard to tell what I'm thinking sometimes. I also think that I'm a horrible joker, but that's just me.

These days, I'm a high-school dropout, because I refuse to get detention for something that only five other students did (the entire class got one and it's a long story). I also mod Cave Story, and I work on two Pokémon fan fictions at the moment. I'm also working on an Role-Playing Game. Sometimes I make random poems - I think said poems are horrible, but opinions differ for each person. I guess I have "attention deficit creator disorder" - I'm working on about nine or ten things. :o

I also take everything seriously. If anyone tells me "you can say that again"... well, I say it again. I'll try not to take things literal here, though. I used to get easily depressed, but since it's 2013, I'm trying to change that. I'm also a very honest person, so if you want my honest opinion, feel free to ask. Although you may not get the answer you was hoping for...

I am also easy to anger, but I'm trying my best to not get angry. I only respond to "Shane" and "Bane". Any other names, I ignore. That as a result of a horrible past.

For some reason, I like Pikachu with Ice-type attacks, actually going so far as to making the protagonist of one of my fanfics have a Pikachu with the ability to use Ice-type attacks (even if it is supposed to be impossible). The reason I placed in the fanfic is "because a villainous team did experiments on the Pikachu" or something like that. One of the regions in that fanfic actually has 625 Pokémon - but with Generation VI, I think it's going to skyrocket to 700+ Pokémon in the fanfic. :o

My favourite types are Ice and Electric. My favourite six Pokémon are Pikachu, Glaceon, Gardevoir, Lilligant, Yamask and Emolga. My favourite starters are Squirtle, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Oshawott and (from what I've seen) Chespin. Guess if I were a Gym Leader who had only Starter Pokémon, I'd specialize in the Grass-type. :P

I also like respriting things - keeps me from getting bored, and gives me ideas for Pokémon for my fanfics.

I like saying "better safe than sorry" sometimes, and I also make up random words (combining two different words), which sounds weird.

Don't know what else to say, I've said so much that I can barely keep track. Sorry for this large wall of text. And sorry if I seem annoying. And sorry if I keep apologizing for stupid things like posting.

OBJECTION! ... To myself, for my inactivity...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Abba On Twitter Add Abba on Facebook Add Abba on Google+
    Follow Abba on Tumblr Visit Abba's Youtube Channel

Default Re: SBaneN, the Pokémon Trainer of Frozen Lightning

This has to be literally the longest welcome-post I have ever seen EVER.

Regardless, welcome to forum.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Hey SBaneN, welcome to BMGf. Wow that is a long post but that's alright it helps people know more about you :) I hope you have a lovely time on this forum, and it seems like you really like forums haha. Sometimes I take everything seriously too, it's an oversight usually but I try not to. Im a lover of Ice type Pokemon and sometimes will use them. I too think we will get over 700 Pokemon in Gen 6 which is a lot. I wonder if I can get them all. I too am fans of Glaceon and Emolga, two great Pokemon IMO. No need to apologize for the long post, it has alot of info about you in it, so people will get to know you better here, and find things in common with you :)

If you need any help feel free to ask any questions you have and I'll try to help you the best I can.

Visit Jerbuta's Youtube Channel

Welcome to the forums man!
    ♥ Pokemon TCG(O) and Pokemon Manga ♥

Click me to see my contributions and work in the Bulbagarden Network!

3DS FC: 0060-9530-3133
    BLACK FC: 3053-6598-2300
    BLACK 2 FC: 3096-5330-3234[/SIZE]

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Welcome. I hope you have an enjoyable time here.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Forums Shane! :)

Make sure to read up on the Rules, FAQs, and Stickies of each section.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Now I know a good amount about you :). Welcome, hope you have fun!

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

I know a great deal about you now, and you seem like a very nice person~ Welcome to the forums~ ^^

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums. We're glad that you chose to join BMGf and hope you enjoy your time here.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Spoiler'd because without it, this post would be even longer than me. I guess.
    This has to be the longest reply I have ever made on these forums

I hope nobody minds that I add even more information about myself, I was in a bit of a hurry when I posted my first post (as it was 10 PM in my time zone and I spent about twenty minutes writing that post). Also in a spoiler, so I just hope that nobody minds.

I guess that's just about everything - the only other things I can mention/talk about are my fan fics and Cave Story mods and this isn't the right place to do that. If I wasn't supposed to add more things in a new post, sorry, it's just that I'm very excited! :D

I'm probably just too excited at being able to be here, considering the past few days that has been torture.

If I disappear suddenly (like I did between my first post and now) then it's because of either no electricity, no food or me forgetting about these forums somehow.

== I'm curious: why are Pokémon names automatically linked to?

EDIT:
    Am I the only person insane enough to wish that there was a Pokémon based on pizza called Pizzachu?
    Last edited by Shane Neumann; 12th January 2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Weirdness...

Dauntless Fried Chicken Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Voltaire Magneton On Twitter Add Voltaire Magneton on Facebook

Well, hello there! Have fun!

Don't worry, long posts are A-OK!

I'm curious: why are Pokémon names automatically linked to?

A feature around these forums.

URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Headbutt! Petalburg Woods Forums!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

@SBaneN; The Pokemon names automatically link to the Pokemon's Bulbapedia article, its a useful feature implemented some time ago.

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Welcome to the forums. =]

Quote Originally Posted by Harv13 View Post
    Well, hello there! Have fun!
    Thanks, I will. If I remember to, that is, considering the massive amount of things on my mind every single nanosecond. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Harv13 View Post
    Don't worry, long posts are A-OK!
    It's best to be safe than sorry, I actually got banned at another place just for making a long post.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    @SBaneN; The Pokemon names automatically link to the Pokemon's Bulbapedia article, its a useful feature implemented some time ago.
    Ah. Makes sense.
    There probably is a way to disable that? I noticed several posts where the Pokémon names aren't automatically linked to.

... And apparently, switching to "WYSIWYG" mode and then back to Source mode turns the [ MENTION ] [ /MENTION ] tags into [ URL ] [ /URL ] tags. :o

Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    Welcome to the forums. =]
    Thanks!

Blog Entries

Well, being weird, crazy, and random certainly isn't a bad thing. Makes you unique and is a lot more fun than being plain 'ol normal, wouldn't you say? :3 I don't see many people from South Africa around the forums so hearing that about you was a bit of a surprise. And by the way, your favorites types are awesome, so you get a cookie. <3; Ice and electrics are amazing, though I adore grass and ghost as well.

Welcome to Bulbagarden, though, and have a wonderful experience with all of our amazing members!
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast