Howdy

Thread: Howdy

Post Howdy

Hey folks, Xer0 here (Pronounced "Zero"). I'm 25 years old and still in the habit of playing video games, make of that what you will! To be honest I stopped playing pokemon avidly around 13 or 14 not long after Gold/Silver. I started playing during 1st Gen, I had Blue version, which I had first become interested in after watching a good friend play his Red version. This was probably the first true RPG I'd ever played and truthfully I still think one of the best. When yellow version came out I was all over that, Pikachu edition Gameboy color and everything (Gods, I wish I still had that-- the nostalgia is killing me), and again once gold and silver had come out I had to have both. After this it was not that I had lost interest by any means, but I was well into my teens and never got the opportunity to own a Gameboy Advance/SP, let alone a DS (Until now!).

So I've gotten my hands on a NDS, pokemonk black 2 and white 2. I just started a game of White 2 and am looking forward to learning about the game all over again-- It has changed an awful lot since I played, so far it seems for the better. I am mainly here to learn (as I said, I am at the point where I am learning a brand new game), and to find people to duel/trade with.

I play a plethora of other games. I'm in a D&D 4e (Though I personally prefer 3/3.5e) game that takes place over skype. I have a steam account worth about $350 (Thank god for Humble bundles & steam sales, amirite). I am always looking for new people to play Portal 2, TF2, WH40K:DOW, as well as Terraria and Minecraft with. I actually run my own Minecraft server, I'll put the info to both the MC server and my Steam account, as well as my "buddy code" in my signature in case anyone is interested in playing a game with a stranger :D

I enjoy watching anime (Though not extensively as most who get into it, I've seen a handful that I like and am open minded enough to consider watching more). At present I am watching Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood and I must say everyone who advised me that it is better than the original.. I doubted them at first but that seems to be coming true.

Anyway, I look forward to being a part of this community, learning from all of you and perhaps someday teaching some of you something

And I'm throwing this in here, just because I think it's the coolest smiley I've ever seen

Oh!! I almost forgot. I read the rules page pretty extensively, I could not find this being covered. I do legitimately own these games, but my friend has informed me of a little device called an Acekard. I won't go any deeper into it than that, I just wish to know if discussion regarding acekards/r2 cards, and ROMs are forbidden or anything of that nature, lest I unknowingly let something slip and get in trouble?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Howdy

Hello there! Welcome to BMGf! I started with Gen I myself but there never really was a time where I stopped playing Pokemon. It's too hard to put down! Hope you enjoy it here!

Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Forums xer0! :)

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Hi xer0, welcome to the forums. It seems you're quite the Pokemon veteran, I am too nad yes the games have changed a lot since Gold and Silver versions when you stopped playing. If you'd like to learn more, feel free to check out Pokemon Video Games or our wiki, Bulbapedia. If you want to battle and trade, we have two sections for that as well so feel free to browse them and start finidng trades and battles :)

I havent watched many anime myself, but Im trying to get into it, never seen Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, just a few anime like Pokemon and YuGiOh mostly.

Its good that you've read our rules and as for your ROMs question: The rules state that you can mention ROMs however you may not mention specific ones or ask for help in using them. You also may not link to them or ask where to find them. I believe as long as you're not doing any of these things, you'll be fine, not totally sure about the Acekard thing though, I might ask another mod or admin about that to be completely sure, as mentioning specific flashcarts and stuff may be a no no. If you have any other questions, you can ask me or another staff member for help. I hope you'll have a great time here.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Ah yes, Ninfina I'm one step ahead of you! I've been using the wiki to research every pokemon I come across, as well as certain moves whose effect seem rather ambiguous, it's quite helpful. Actually even in my gaming hiatus, I've used the bulbapedia pretty frequently here and there, it's been around for a very long time if I recall correctly.

And as for full metal alchemist, I highly highly HIGHLY reccomend it, both it and Brotherhood-- If you have netflix streaming, both series are available in their entirety. I used to watch the pokemon anime when I was young, but it never stuck, same with the TCG-- I play Magic The Gathering TCG, but the video games are what really do it for me as far as pokemon go. Of course when I first got into it, I had almost all the oriignal 150 pokemon, including that stupid charizard ;D I still have my collection somewhere, contains a good handful of foil 3rd tier pokemon.. venusaur, gengar, allakazam, machamp (aha EVERYBODY had foil 1st edition machamp ;D)

But thank you all for the warm welcome!
    My Minecraft IP: 72.160.150.223
    STEAM ID: Duke of New York A#1
    My Friend Codes: White 2- 1163 9265 6712

Blog Entries

Welcome. I hope you have an enjoyable time here.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841
    Stats or something

Blog Entries

Follow Jistonmyface on Tumblr

YA! Someone else who plays Magic the gathering
    welcome to the forum, may you enjoy yourself.xD

Welcome to Bulbagarden! I hope you have a good time here and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Brotherhood is absolutely amazing! <3 Welcome to BMGf, Xer0. You've got a wide array of interests so of course there'll be lots for you to do and talk about here. I enjoy video games myself, though I'm more of a casual gamer than anything else, really. Anyway, have a great time! :D
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Welcome, hope you have fun! If you ever want to talk then feel free to drop me a message!

Welcome, have lots of fun here, feel free to message me anytime!! :3