Hey there, Bulbagarden!

Thread: Hey there, Bulbagarden!

Default Hey there, Bulbagarden!

Hi there, I just now joined the Bulbagarden Forums, and I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a long-time pokemon fan dating back to the R/B/Y days. I'm probably one of the older members on the forum since I was already a freshman in college when Pokemon was hitting it big in America and I got into it (I'm currently a prehistoric 32 years old). I wondered into Pokemon completely by accident: I left my TV on one night and when I woke up on Saturday morning, Pokemon was on. As an immature college kid, I couldn't stop giggling whenever Pikachu spoke, and it led me to download the games on ROMs and emulators and play them.

It was Gen3 before I played a physical game (not a ROM), and that was LeafGreen. Since then, I've played 100% percent "legitimately", and own several copies of the games, as well as 3 different versions of the DS (Lite, 3DS, and 3DS XL; I am SO READY for X/Y to come out!).

While I was mostly a passive fan through the first three generations, I got more thoroughly into the games starting with generation four. To this day, Sinnoh is my favorite region, even though I know a lot of people dislike it.

I've been a fan of several other pokemon-based sites while learning more and more about the games. I've used Bulbapedia for info for quite a while now, and I JUST found out that there is a forum here! Crazy, right?

I'm hoping to spend my time here trading (I have an immense collection of flawless shiny pokemon from trading at other websites) and sharing fan-fiction (I have a story I'm hoping to start reposting here to share with a new audience). I'm sure over time, I'll branch out to other areas of the forums and meet new people with other interests.

So I hope to get off on the right foot here and meet some snazzy people and learn what the best aspects of Bulbagarden are! Thanks in advance, everyone!

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Hey there, Bulbagarden!

Hi Not BAMF, welcome to BMGf :)

I kinda got into Pokemon a little late( never really was a serious fan until High School) and would play the games for hours. I own pretty much all the games at this point and Im really looking forward to getting X and Y as well, I already have a 3DS and they look totally awesome.

Sinnoh is an alright region but I did get bored while playing Diamond and soon went back to the Gen 3 games missing Platinum and when I became interested in the newer games, my interest was revived due to HG/SS, I love Johto so I was fairly excited. I used Bulbapedia a bit myself but only discovered the forums here myself when BW were announced. I became addicted to this place fairly soon and started out in the trade section myself, Im sure you'll find lots of people to trade with there especially if you offer some of your flawless shinies. Feel free to check it out and start trading. It's a good idea to read up on the rules of the forums and the sections you visit before posting, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any other staff member and we'll be happy to help. I hope you have a great time.

Blog Entries

Welcome. I hope you have an enjoyable time here.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841
    Stats or something

Welcome to the Forums Not BAMF! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    Hi Not BAMF, welcome to BMGf :)

I kinda got into Pokemon a little late( never really was a serious fan until High School) and would play the games for hours. I own pretty much all the games at this point and Im really looking forward to getting X and Y as well, I already have a 3DS and they look totally awesome.

Sinnoh is an alright region but I did get bored while playing Diamond and soon went back to the Gen 3 games missing Platinum and when I became interested in the newer games, my interest was revived due to HG/SS, I love Johto so I was fairly excited. I used Bulbapedia a bit myself but only discovered the forums here myself when BW were announced. I became addicted to this place fairly soon and started out in the trade section myself, Im sure you'll find lots of people to trade with there especially if you offer some of your flawless shinies. Feel free to check it out and start trading. It's a good idea to read up on the rules of the forums and the sections you visit before posting, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any other staff member and we'll be happy to help. I hope you have a great time.
    X and Y look great, am I right? The pokemon actually move and seem to attack each other? That's so boss. I bought my 3DS for the eventual Phoenix Wright 5 and Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton, but Gen6 is going to beat either of them to stores despite being announced last.

Honestly, I had the same reaction you did, but one generation earlier; I was not a big fan of Gen3/Hoenn when it debuted (though I have learned to like it), and was a borderline genwunner when R/S debuted. Thank goodness I got over that, though! I will admit to not loving B2/W2, but that might not be fair to them. The story just feels too much like a rehash of B/W. I do appreciate all the awesome "side games" they threw in, though. PokeStar Studios and Join Avenue and the Pokemon World Tournament? They really do try to keep the games fresh with new things to do.

And yeah, I've got an absolute mess of flawless shinies. :) Almost a full NationalDex.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz View Post
    Welcome. I hope you have an enjoyable time here.
    I hope so, too. I was a fairly big WWE fan until about 2-3 years ago, too. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Welcome to the Forums Not BAMF! :)
    Thanks!

Pshaw, you're never too old to play Pokemon. Calling yourself prehistoric is definitely a no-no, hehe. You're totally fine! :D I wouldn't say Sinnoh is very well-disliked, though that's just from my personal observations.. in fact, I'd say gens 3 and 5 are the more unpopular of the five (six?) we have right now. Glad you're excited for X and Y though - lots of us are!

Have a great time here. <3
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Blog Entries
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir On Twitter Add Mikes Gardevoir on Google+
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir on Tumblr Visit Mikes Gardevoir's Youtube Channel

hey welcome to the forums! :D

Hello and welcome!

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Welcome to the forums. =]

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator
    Follow TwilightBlade On Twitter

Hello there, welcome to the forums! I also got into the series during the RBY days. You're never too old to keep on playing! Ahh, you inspire me to keep on playing and to pick up XY. Have a pleasant time here and feel free to message me if you need any help in trading. :)
    trade station
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
    Pshaw, you're never too old to play Pokemon. Calling yourself prehistoric is definitely a no-no, hehe. You're totally fine! :D I wouldn't say Sinnoh is very well-disliked, though that's just from my personal observations.. in fact, I'd say gens 3 and 5 are the more unpopular of the five (six?) we have right now. Glad you're excited for X and Y though - lots of us are!

Have a great time here. <3
    Really? I know Gen 5 is disliked, but I thought I was the oddball who didn't love Gen 3. Now I feel better, I guess!

And thank you so much for the welcomes, everyone! :)

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Welcome, hope you have fun!

Though I can't say I agree with you on Sinnoh. Least favorite region for me ^^;