Hello! (The Place to Generically Welcome Me)

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By BMGF Anime Master
  • 1 Post By Shiny Celebi
  • 1 Post By G50
  • 1 Post By Sheep
  • 1 Post By Kakuna Matata
  • 1 Post By Solace
  • 1 Post By Saeyru
  • 1 Post By Arylett Dawnsborough

Thread: Hello! (The Place to Generically Welcome Me)

Fox Witch of Red Arylett Dawnsborough's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Hello! (The Place to Generically Welcome Me)

Yeah, I've always been super bad at titles of these welcoming threads.

Anyways, hiya. My ridiculously long-winded name (as well as just myself and my personality in general) is Arylett C. Dawnsborough. (the first bit is pronounced Arr as in a pirate, eeee as in the noise you make when you see a creepy Bug Pokemon, and let as in "Let's all eat pie!" Arr-ee-let, with equal emphasis on all the syllables.) You can call me Arylett, because that is the first name of this jumble pie stew.

I've been on the prowl for a good new forum community and internet home, as I've grown up solely on forums and find them pleasant places of discussion when people are actually listening to what you're saying. Most places I've been to, I post like five times and then I die off due to lack of interest like most new members. I'm hoping that's not the case here.

Whew! I sure am forward, right?

Now, on to the point: introducing me. I am a female person thing who is 21 years of age and always think I'm about a year younger due to forgetting my birthday all the time. (Sounds promising so far, doesn't it?) I've been a Pokemon fan ever since the Days of Yore back in Generation I, but unlike many people who started there... I've only played through Generation I games ONCE. (I know, right? What kind of Oldy Scmoldy Pokemon fan AM I?) The anime introduced me to this wonderful series, and I had little idea the games existed until I picked up Pokemon Silver on a wild Pokemon merchandise collecting spree one Christmas in 2000. And I've been an avid fan ever since. (Except Generation III where I briefly skipped Pokemon due to some stupid idea that I was "too old" for Pokemon. No way!)

These days, I'm super excited for Pokemon X & Y and my interest has reached its peak. (So much so, that these games have done the impossible - they've changed my long-time favorite Pokemon Arcanine to the recently revealed Braixen. You might think it's a bit early, but I base my favorites solely on physical appearance rather than movesets and stats, so yeah) Therefore, I figured joining yet another Pokemon forum would be appropriate. I hope to have many awesome discussions about the games, as I just HAVE to talk about it and I really don't have much of anybody else to speak with it about except my boyfriend. *_* (Who might be joining this place as well, because he follows me everywhere)

Although Pokemon places squarely on my Top Five of Favorite Pieces of Media, I do have other interests as well. For instance, #1 on that list is the Final Fantasy series. (If you're wondering, Pokemon is a very solid #2. Sometimes it can be #1 though, depending on my mood.) I absolutely am in love with JRPGs, particularly one with heavy stories and the FF series which introduced me to them fits in perfectly. You probably would've guessed, but, I am a bit of a gamer. Though not really into the shooty gray hyper realistic stuff that seems to be the trend. (Don't take this as bashing it. Just not my thing, really) For other non-Top Five media, I also like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Star (Wars, Trek, and Fox), The Office, Parks and Recreation, Kingdom Hearts, and other things I can't particularly seem to brain at the moment. (Also, if you want to know what the rest of my Top Five are, you'll just have to get to know me and find out. :3 I know, I am such a teaser! Making you curious types have to communicate directly with me.)

I also enjoy visual creativity, such as drawing, writing, and roleplaying. All of these are my passions, really. Perhaps I'll post my art here one day, but for now... enjoy my several months old (and severely outdated, I am getting around to a new one!) avatar.

Oh and one more thing: my favorite color is red. (I sure do like parentheses, don't I?) Yes, this is important. One of the first things about me that you should know is this, as you'll doubtlessly learn to associate my name with it due to my strange subliminal attempts via avatar. (Like now, for instance!)

So there you go. Long, long, and blah blah insert that generic self-bashing of how long this is in attempts to guilt you into reading the entire thing. Read the whole thing if you're one of those types, skim it if you're like me, or just skip and mindlessly post a generic introduction. Either way, a response's better than silence, right? :3

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello! (The Place to Generically Welcome Me)

Well that was a rather long intro

Welcome

Yeah most here are really hanging out for X/Y(that includes me)

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Hi, welcome to BMGf. I really hope you like it here on the forums. X/Y has caught my interest too and Im pretty excited for the games, Im more hyped they I have been for others, so that's something haha. Enjoy your stay.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Forums Arylett! :)

Blog Entries

Aiee love your avatar, Flareon is just adorable. Welcome to BMGf Arylett! <3 I'm sure this'll be a lovely place to settle into if you're on the lookout for another community. We can all vouch for the friendliness and easygoing-ness of BMGf. Have a blast!
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Welcome to BMGf, Arylett!

Quote Originally Posted by Arylett Dawnsborough View Post
    ...eeee as in the noise you make when you see a creepy Bug Pokemon, ...
    I hope you don't make that noise upon reading this Kakuna's response. :(

I've only played through Generation I games ONCE. (I know, right? What kind of Oldy Scmoldy Pokemon fan AM I?) The anime introduced me to this wonderful series, and I had little idea the games existed until I picked up Pokemon Silver on a wild Pokemon merchandise collecting spree one Christmas in 2000.
    Seems we're in similar boats, though I've played two Gen I games (Red and Yellow, though I never actually finished either of them... >>;) My first was Silver as well. Was your first starter Totodile as well?

(So much so, that these games have done the impossible - they've changed my long-time favorite Pokemon Arcanine to the recently revealed Braixen. You might think it's a bit early, but I base my favorites solely on physical appearance rather than movesets and stats, so yeah)
    Another similarity between us. To each their own of course, but I've never really been into stats beyond picking Natures that would benefit my moveset. And out of the bunch, my favorite starter at this point in Froakie/Frogadier.

I also enjoy visual creativity, such as drawing, writing, and roleplaying. All of these are my passions, really. Perhaps I'll post my art here one day, but for now... enjoy my several months old (and severely outdated, I am getting around to a new one!) avatar.
    Just because it's an older work does not decrease its quality. =) I think it looks lovely, and I'm sure your next one will be too.

Oh and one more thing: my favorite color is red. (I sure do like parentheses, don't I?) Yes, this is important. One of the first things about me that you should know is this, as you'll doubtlessly learn to associate my name with it due to my strange subliminal attempts via avatar. (Like now, for instance!)
    If I had to choose a favorite color, it would come down to this one or purple. And we've already established what I think of your avatar. xD

Follow Solace On Twitter

Perhaps I'll post my art here one day
    I won't allow you to exist here if you don't post your art. I'd love to see it!

Welcome to BMG! If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask me, I'll try not to bite; just for you. (:

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Hi there, new member! Name's Saeyru n_n I've been apart of these forums for a while, and I can definitely tell you that people are rather friendly around these parts. It's such a relaxing atmosphere, really. With the many topics discussed here, I'm sure you'll have a blast. :

Enjoy yourself here~! and by the way, I'm a huge fan of RPGs as well. Especially final fantasy, but sadly I don't have a PS3 so I've missed pretty much ever FF game for that console ;~;

Fox Witch of Red Arylett Dawnsborough's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Hi, welcome to BMGf. I really hope you like it here on the forums. X/Y has caught my interest too and Im pretty excited for the games, Im more hyped they I have been for others, so that's something haha. Enjoy your stay.
    I've seen you a bit around here. You're the welcoming community, ain'tcha? Well, thank you very kindly. And also, very awesome avatar from the awesome X&Y of my new favorite Pokemon. :3 (I'm also more hyped for it than I have been for any other game.)

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Welcome to the Forums Arylett! :)
    Many thanks of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    Aiee love your avatar, Flareon is just adorable. Welcome to BMGf Arylett! <3 I'm sure this'll be a lovely place to settle into if you're on the lookout for another community. We can all vouch for the friendliness and easygoing-ness of BMGf. Have a blast!
    Oooh, I'm glad you liked it. Took me a couple of hours to work on the big grand wallpaper for the thing. Flareon is a very lovely Pokemon, isn't it?

And I'm quite happy to hear that! I'm all for friendliness and easygoingness. So far, I've enjoyed the responses to my thread. Thank you for giving me another. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post
    Welcome to BMGf, Arylett!I hope you don't make that noise upon reading this Kakuna's response. :(
    EEEEEEEEEE-

Seems we're in similar boats, though I've played two Gen I games (Red and Yellow, though I never actually finished either of them... >>;) My first was Silver as well. Was your first starter Totodile as well?
    Not Totodile, but Chikorita. (I have a Grass-type starter tradition, but about to break it for X&Y) I've used all of them at least once though, and Totodile is quite lovely.

Another similarity between us. To each their own of course, but I've never really been into stats beyond picking Natures that would benefit my moveset. And out of the bunch, my favorite starter at this point in Froakie/Frogadier.
    Yeah, I'm the same way. I kind of look up the natures briefly, to see if there's much benefit, and sometimes I'll restart... if I feel like it.

Froakie, eh? I wasn't too fond of the first form, but I must say that Frogadier has also captured my interest. It's one of the few Water starters I like thus far. So good choice. :3

Just because it's an older work does not decrease its quality. =) I think it looks lovely, and I'm sure your next one will be too.
    Awww, thanks. ^^; I'm just a bit ashamed of it as I'm researching into newer, more advanced techniques to improve myself even further, and that was prior to it. As a creator who makes a work, you just tend to see your own errors more so than others. I'm glad to see it's still displayable to public though. XD

If I had to choose a favorite color, it would come down to this one or purple. And we've already established what I think of your avatar. xD
    I commend you on your choice of purple. It is one of my top five, definitely. Particularly the more reddish purples, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by turntechGodhead View Post
    I won't allow you to exist here if you don't post your art. I'd love to see it!

Welcome to BMG! If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask me, I'll try not to bite; just for you. (:
    OKAY OKAY I WILL POST IT Gee, you're a scary scary. D:

Thank you though, for restraining your fangs from me. I know how difficult it is, as I'm trying not to bite all of you. So I can appreciate your effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeyru View Post
    Hi there, new member! Name's Saeyru n_n I've been apart of these forums for a while, and I can definitely tell you that people are rather friendly around these parts. It's such a relaxing atmosphere, really. With the many topics discussed here, I'm sure you'll have a blast. :

Enjoy yourself here~! and by the way, I'm a huge fan of RPGs as well. Especially final fantasy, but sadly I don't have a PS3 so I've missed pretty much ever FF game for that console ;~;
    Yaaay, somebody who likes FF! You are awesome thus far. +17 Awesome Points to you. (It's all right not to have a PS3, honestly... the games they've released for it, at least FF13, aren't all that special. Not bad, but... not super good either. So you aren't missing much. Just my opinion though.)

I'll try to enjoy myself though, thank you for your very kind welcomes. :3
    Kakuna Matata likes this.