Greetings from a reformed fan!

Thread: Greetings from a reformed fan!

Default Greetings from a reformed fan!

Hey there, name's GingerDixie, but y'all can call me Ginger if you so choose! I've been perusing the site in general for a while (being as it's a very good source of information on Pokemon and other various things in canon), and I recently (read: today) stumbled across the link to the forums from the main wiki page. Being as I love me some message forums, I decided to join. Because one can never be a member of too many sites, in my opinion. (No really. I swear, I don't have a problem...)

Little bit about me! I'm 19 (gonna be 20 in about a month) years old, in college and the Army, and have no qualms about the fact that I'm still a Pokemon fan after all this time. I got my first game(s) when I was about 6-7 years old (we had both Pokemon Gold for Gameboy Color and Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 for our N64), and at that time, Pokemon was a big family thing for me. All three of my four brothers (the fourth one wasn't around when this all went down, as he's only 8), and I would have big trading events where we'd sit down and all plug in our Gameboys into each other, trading Pokemon back and forth, doing the Berry Blender (when Gen III came out), and just all around having fun. I have very fond memories with the first three gens of Pokemon, therefore I tend to like those generations the best.

But then we hit middle school, and I dropped out of the fandom for a while. I sold my Crystal version to a friend in 7th grade thinking I'd outgrown Pokemon, and didn't think anything of it...and really, it wasnt until I'd graduated high school that my interest started coming back.

What finally pushed me back in? Pokemon X and Y.

I'm very excited with what I've seen about the game so far, and while unfortunately I can't play it myself yet, I love a lot (read: all) of the new Pokemon. (Yes, even Klefki. Don'tjudgemeIthinkit'scute.)

So, what exactly do I contribute? I'm a writer. Fanfiction, RP, anything. I'll be posting a work-in-progress I have going on right now, and maybe if I get enough confidence, I'll put some art on here as well. Let it be known though that since I'm no art major, it's not going to be perfect. But critique on anything I post is welcomed with open arms!

Okay, I'll shut up now.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Greetings from a reformed fan!

Hey, welcome to BMGf :)

To contribute, you can go to any sections that interest you and post your thoughts and discuss with others to add to the conversation. You can also RP, post fanfics/art if you'd like.

I also like Klefki a lot you arent alone. It is cute.

I hope you enjoy it here, see you around.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Forums Ginger! :)

Blog Entries

Follow GastonGibus on Tumblr Visit GastonGibus's Youtube Channel

Greetings and welcome, GingerDixie! Hope you have a good time here.

As Shiny Celebi pointed out, we do have threads for RP and fiction, so you can come join us wannabe writers there! one of us... one of us... one of us... :P
    "How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

|No one writes like Gaston!|
    |It's Electric: Cranking it to Eleven || A New Life - For Better or Worse|

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Welcome to the forums, GingerDixie! I'm glad to see you back in the fandom.

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome